Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Capitals 09-10 Offseason Thread (Thread Closed; mods please lock)

Sticksboi05

Buddy of mine was at practice on saturday. He said the Caps were going through constant drills for an hour and half with no break and then immediately go into suicides for about 10-15 minutes.

Semin puked his guts out and Ovi was laying on the ice exhausted. :ols:

Intense!

ACW, did you ever get season tickets?
:no:

I took your advice though and used my deposit (which I took back) to get a Wii :)

Ah well, I got a big-screen HD :)

And the only reason I may not go to BOTH Pens games is I may be in Israel for the 1st one. Good lord though, the CHEAPEST tix for the Pens game is like $100+ :thud:

:no:

I took your advice though and used my deposit (which I took back) to get a Wii :)

Ah well, I got a big-screen HD :)

And the only reason I may not go to BOTH Pens games is I may be in Israel for the 1st one. Good lord though, the CHEAPEST tix for the Pens game is like $100+ :thud:

LOL you definitely didn't take my advice - must have been PokerPacker.

I never would have suggested you get a Wii if it were your only current gen system.

Either way, how does the waiting list work? Are you going to try to get them next year?

LOL you definitely didn't take my advice - must have been PokerPacker.

I never would have suggested you get a Wii if it were your only current gen system.

Either way, how does the waiting list work? Are you going to try to get them next year?

They have the DUMBEST system I've ever seen in regards to the waitlist. Check out the caps' forum for my thread on it.

Long story short; They hold on to your deposit for 3-4 months and put you on a waitlist. If your name doesn't come up, they try to talk you into buying 5-10 game pick 'em plans. Regardless of what you do, your name is removed from the waitlist once all season tickets are filled up. So, you start all over again the following season. No priority on the waitlist, no number in line. You must compete with EVERYONE all over again. Fortunately, my name came up on the 'Skins season tix list this year, so I'm not as upset as I was. :)

They have the DUMBEST system I've ever seen in regards to the waitlist. Check out the caps' forum for my thread on it.

Long story short; They hold on to your deposit for 3-4 months and put you on a waitlist. If your name doesn't come up, they try to talk you into buying 5-10 game pick 'em plans. Regardless of what you do, your name is removed from the waitlist once all season tickets are filled up. So, you start all over again the following season. No priority on the waitlist, no number in line. You must compete with EVERYONE all over again. Fortunately, my name came up on the 'Skins season tix list this year, so I'm not as upset as I was. :)

And THAT'S why I just got my money back. As for the 5-10 game plans, the problem is they don't include the BIG games (like PIT or CHI).

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/09/varlamov_wants_you_to_go_to_th.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

Looks like Varly is picking up English pretty well...this is the first I've seen him speak it. I'd like to see him get a full healthy season in goal, but I know some people who follow the Caps way more closely than I do who think Neuvirth is the future.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/09/varlamov_wants_you_to_go_to_th.html?wprss=dcsportsbog

Looks like Varly is picking up English pretty well...this is the first I've seen him speak it. I'd like to see him get a full healthy season in goal, but I know some people who follow the Caps way more closely than I do who think Neuvirth is the future.

There are worse problems to have :)

Like not having enough Centers.

Varlamov's been able to speak coherently for awhile, but he just wasn't comfortable enough with it to speak with the media in English more frequently.

Archived