Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Discuss Coach Zorn's Strategies/Techniques/SWOT here

CRT3

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Czabe had a picture on his site of the three plays when we were backed up against the goalline in the Giants game. We were in the exact same formation on each play; we just flipped it on one play.

I haven't really paid attention to motion and things like that this year, but I might start just to see if we do anything to get the defense moving. Watching the Dolphins last night was kind of intriguing. They are basically running a high school offense. But they are running it out of a ton of looks and formations.

I don't want to say that we are not doing that because I honestly don't know. The feeling I have is that we are not.

Czabe had a picture on his site of the three plays when we were backed up against the goalline in the Giants game. We were in the exact same formation on each play; we just flipped it on one play.

I haven't really paid attention to motion and things like that this year' date=' but I might start just to see if we do anything to get the defense moving. Watching the Dolphins last night was kind of intriguing. They are basically running a high school offense. But they are running it out of a ton of looks and formations.

I don't want to say that we are not doing that because I honestly don't know. The feeling I have is that we are not.[/quote']

i commented on the phins offense in another thread. their use of tight end motion for blocking purposes helps out a ton. im surprised with the depth we have at tight end why we arent doing similar things.

Jim Zorn has no OC experience. His HC record is 9-9.

The AFC East is playing solid football, and has solid coaching. Bellicheat, Ryan, Sparano and Jauron. All these teams are playin well and tough. Any look like they could go to Playoffs at this moment in early week 3.

AFC North. Let's see. Lewis, just beat GB in GB and has his QB back and finally a healthy team. Harbaugh, stud. Tomlin, stud. Mangini, he did take the perennial loser Jets to Playoffs in year one. Something Zorn looked like he was going to do. Mangini was having a great year as well with Favre before the shoulder injury and INT's all over the place. He never wanted Favre in the first place and was forced to take him in causing a major rift internally with the team. Is Mangini a better coach than Zorn. IMO, yeah, not even really close. He is so much younger and has the balls to tell Winslow to GTFOH.

AFC South. Jim Caldwell is 2-0 and has Manning and has been with the Colts for 8 years. An internal hire and one with promise. Like Tomlin in Pitt he came into a great team and situation. Kubiak is a good coach. The texans are headed in the right direction. Both Offensively AND Defensively. Fisher = Stud. Jack Del Rio, small market team and not the worst. Meh. Yet, again no obvious blunders.

AFC West. Ok we got some competition for Zorn here baby. Tom Cable. 4-8 last year after taking over for Lane Kiffin and 1-1 this year. Beating K.C in K.C at end of the game and gave ONE HELLUVA FIGHT to S.D Chargers. Wish I saw fire like this from our guys to say the least. Todd Haley. 0-2. ROOKIE HC. Does have experience as a OC and with you know what offense. With a real GM like Pioli, they may get to the playoffs before we do. This is a VERY young team changing to a 3-4 D. Again, they may be worse record wise as of late. But, they are HEADED in the right direction. Josh McDaniels. Ex CO-OC of the Patriot passing attack is 2-0.

Lastly, Norvvvvvvv. He's still there and he has earned it.

NFC West. Singletary. I want his eyes and expression glues on Zorn's face so we get some production. Mora was taken over Zorn in Seattle. A place where the so-called beloved Jim Zorn who was a QB there was passed over. Nor was he made an OC there. Spagnulo. Defensive Master Mind of the NYG as a DC. 0-2 as a ROOKIE HC. Almost beat our gang. You getting the idea here. Has there ever been a HC who was not an NFL Coordinator first...or ever for that matter? In the last 10 years? Ken Whisenhunt. Cardinals, Superbowl, nuff said.

NFC South. Smart as a FOX. Mike Smith went to playoffs as a ROOKIE HC with a Rookie QB as did BALT. We were just unlucky I guess. Sean Payton, nice. Raheem Morris, Rookie HC. 0-2. 21 points vs Dallas and 20 against Buffalo. I could go on and on.

NFC North. Brad Childress. We know who he is as we do Spags, as we will Jason Garrett. Lovie, just went 3 years ago to SB. Just beat Pitt. Sherman and Pack will be fine and IN THE MIX come December. Jim Schwartz, ex Titans DC from 01-08. Are we the team they beat...?

NFC East. Reid, Coughlin. Tops. Wade is a fat **** but he UNDERSTANDS what's goin on. Zorn blows as a HC. He is a good QB coach and has helped JC a great deal. As a play caller. SUX. VOTE.

Zorn is not the worst NFL Head Coach right now. SPAGS is. By week 6, Zorn could be, if he makes it. . . tbc

On the Sports Fix about an hour ago I heard a caller call in in regards to Zorn...

He was saying that during the draw and HB pass plays, when the camera was on Zorn, you could clearly read his lips that he was saying "Draw" and "HB Pass".

I was wondering if anyone has seen or noticed this. I only watched the game live and don't have it recorded so I can't go back and check it out, but I am just wondering if anyone else saw this.

If this is true, this is a problem that must be fixed.

Who knows, maybe someone upstairs for the rams saw him say "HB Pass" and relayed it down to the field, which was why the play was completely stuffed.

not even close

Zorn called a great game outside the red zone..... the team was prepared and played hard.

judging him as a "bad" coach because he goes conservative in the red zone, is a complete overreaction.

if Sellers and Thomas catch those two end zone passes... no one would be questioning Zorn today

Archived