Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Discuss Coach Zorn's Strategies/Techniques/SWOT here

CRT3

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Oh really? Like who was really out there?

Are you serious!? We had Mora and Spags both take them self out of the running for HC. Spags turned the offer down, and Mora pulled himself from consideration before we even offered him the world. We interviewed Fassell twice and Williams four separate times with Williams never being offered the job and catching feelings after the fourth interview. We interviewed Mooch, and there were coaches out there that were being thrown around... Meeks and Schwartz for example... i think even Pete Carrols name was thrown around but rejected after the bad taste Spurrior left in his mouth.

If you really want to know the rest of the list of candidates from last year just google Reskins coaching candidates 2008 and see what pops up.

if you were only asking this question to start a debate or belittle my post then my response is to quit being a donkey and pull your head from your innerspace.

I think the half back option was supposed to confuse the Rams, but it only ended up confusing Sonny.

We seem to rely on trick plays for the misdirection aspect of our offense. But that seems like a very high risk/reward type of thing.

I think teams have figured out that you don't need to overpursue the Skins because you can stop the offense by staying at home and doing your job.

At some point this year, Adrian Peterson is probably going to throw a HB pass. And it is probably going to be wide open for a TD. Why? Because every time he touches the ball, 11 defenders run like hell towards him.

I don't think our offense causes those types of reaction right now.

A fumble inside the 10 saved OUR asses from being 0-2

so true.

however, mangini is a dreadful HC. did you see him fine a player for $1701 dollars for taking a bottle of water from a hotel room? the guy is just an idiot. most of the players in new york hated him, and he started off his tenure in cleveland with shaun rogers hating him.

guy seems like a total d bag. and he loses lots of games.

No. Joe Gibbs started 0-5. He then went on to win 35 out of his next 40 games, which included two SB appearances (1 win, 1 loss).

Big, BIG difference.

This argument needs to be permanently tossed. I keep hearing it from people and it doesn't have any relevance to Zorn.

Yeah, both guys went 8-8 the first season, but one was clearly on the upswing, the other got to the same record by having his team totally fall apart in the second half of the year.

I say Zorn IS the worst HC in the league right now. From his playcalling to his bizarre demeanor to the way he likes to throw his team under the bus in press conferences ... he's in WAY over his head, he doesn't inspire his players to follow him (quite the contrary), and he seems clueless about way too many things. He, like our team, is feared by NO ONE.

By the end of Gibbs' first year, the Skins were feared by ALL.

What you said doesn't make any sense. Gibbs started out 8-8. That's exactly what I said, no?

Also if you had actually read my post you would see where I had written that It hasn't been enough time to properly judge.

JKC almost fired Gibbs after year one. So I don't know how we were feared by everyone. I was around and I remember that we were not exactly blowing teams out that year or 82.

When we got into the playoffs we were respected by NO ONE.:doh:

Also we lost 3 more games that year, one the next and 3 in 83-84 season. If this includes the Superbowl that we lost, how does that = 35 out of 40 games? :slap:

Seven losses and 36 wins is 43 games!:rotflmao:

Zorn is handicapped.

As a HC you would like to bring your own staff in. He could not. The DC, ST, OL coaches etc. were all handed down to him.

None of the other coaches had those limitations. Besides, he got one of the worst QBs too.

What you said doesn't make any sense. Gibbs started out 8-8. That's exactly what I said, no?

Also if you had actually read my post you would see where I had written that It hasn't been enough time to properly judge.

JKC almost fired Gibbs after year one. So I don't know how we were feared by everyone. I was around and I remember that we were not exactly blowing teams out that year or 82.

When we got into the playoffs we were respected by NO ONE.:doh:

Also we lost 3 more games that year, one the next and 3 in 83-84 season. If this includes the Superbowl that we lost, how does that = 35 out of 40 games? :slap:

Seven losses and 36 wins is 43 games!:rotflmao:

I think the difference is Gibbs' team showed improvment over time. Zorn inherited a playoff team, got off to a good start, but then slid -- last 10 games 3-7. But I think the biggest issue is pretty simple the one thing that Zorn is completely in charge of is the one thing that arguably is holding the team back -- the passing game, the offense slid in its ranking from the previous years, and so far there are questions again about the offense.

Having said that if the offense gets going, Zorn should be fine. But I do think he's married to the success or failures of the offense. I don't recall Gibbs' offense being one of the worst in the NFL in his rookie year and looking suspect during the beginning of the next one. But I admit I have not looked at the rankings back then so I could be wrong.

I think the difference is Gibbs' team showed improvment over time. Zorn inherited a playoff team, got off to a good start, but then slid -- last 10 games 3-7. But I think the biggest issue is pretty simple the one thing that Zorn is completely in charge of is the one thing that arguably is holding the team back -- the passing game, the offense slid in its ranking from the previous years, and so far there are questions again about the offense.

Having said that if the offense gets going, Zorn should be fine. But I do think he's married to the success or failures of the offense. I don't recall Gibbs' offense being one of the worst in the NFL in his rookie year and looking suspect during the beginning of the next one. But I admit I have not looked at the rankings back then so I could be wrong.

Gibbs started off as a pass first offense ala Air Coryell. We, at the 0-5 point, were the #1 offense in the league. Defense and teams were killing us.

Zorn is still inexperienced as a head coach. A head coach has got to take command of everything going on - down and distance, clock, score, field position, playing calling, everything else. Maybe that'll come with more experience, but in that one moment, he lost track. Danny Smith saved his ass on that small but telling point.

That's fine, Dan. Mark him down on the clock management issue. But, take EVERYTHING into consideration: the hand he was dealt and what he has done with it. It's not as though he inherited the Pittsburgh Steelers like Mike Tomlin.

Zorn is 9-9 while building a new offense which has shown signs of becoming effective in the ball control/field position game. It's helping the defense keep the opponent's score down.

This talk of firing him is dumb as hell.

Archived