Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Discuss Coach Zorn's Strategies/Techniques/SWOT here

CRT3

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, I'm upset with Zorn at the moment, but a career record of 9-9, while not awesome, surely doesn't indicate the worst.

It's not as though he took over the Pittsburgh Steelers like Mike Tomlin. His 9-9 record isn't bad while trying to remodel his QB's mechanics and teaching a new scheme.

But, the football geniuses among the fans and media could have done better, of course.

OK so where did everybody miss the boat on this one. Keep in mind with 9 minutes left in the game, Spagnola had wasted all of his timeouts. And we still almost gave the game away. 4 and short twice and the other team has no timeouts. Now Zorn gambled hard on this one but he had to lose the faith of the Special Teams players and the defense as he did not trust them to hold the game at hand. But Spags wasted all 3 of his timeouts and sin not even Norv would do.

It's not as though he took over the Pittsburgh Steelers like Mike Tomlin. His 9-9 record isn't bad while trying to remodel his QB's mechanics and teaching a new scheme.

But, the football geniuses among the fans and media could have done better, of course.

I'm just asking, but by saying that a 9-9 record isn't bad while trying to remodel his QB's mechanics and teaching a new scheme, aren't you implying that we should be seeing some kind of progression in the offense? If Campbell's mechanics were so horrible and the team didn't know the scheme that well when Zorn took over, then how do you account for the 6-2 opening last year?

It seems to me, if Zorn was improving Campbell's mechanics and the team was learning the new scheme then, over time, the team would get better, not worse. That is the natural progression. However, since the 6-2 start last season, Zorn is 3-7.

I just don't see how you argue that the team was so horrible when Zorn took over as the team played it's best at the beginning of Zorn's tenure. It seems the longer Zorn "remodels" JC's mechanics and installs his scheme, the worse the team gets. At least that's what their record indicates.

Question? Does Zorn, and I would think yes, Run a similar offense that Mike Holmgren did, would? Would we be able to keep implementing this version of WCO in hopes of landing Holmgren here after December. We sure ain't playing in January. Then we could build on top instead of destroy and start over no...? Cause ZORN is gone after season. If not after we lose next game to DETROIT.

I'm just asking, but by saying that a 9-9 record isn't bad while trying to remodel his QB's mechanics and teaching a new scheme, aren't you implying that we should be seeing some kind of progression in the offense? If Campbell's mechanics were so horrible and the team didn't know the scheme that well when Zorn took over, then how do you account for the 6-2 opening last year?

It seems to me, if Zorn was improving Campbell's mechanics and the team was learning the new scheme then, over time, the team would get better, not worse. That is the natural progression. However, since the 6-2 start last season, Zorn is 3-7.

I just don't see how you argue that the team was so horrible when Zorn took over as the team played it's best at the beginning of Zorn's tenure. It seems the longer Zorn "remodels" JC's mechanics and installs his scheme, the worse the team gets. At least that's what their record indicates.

Progress doesn't happen in a straight line upward. It also doesn't happen in a vacuum. There are always other factors, sometimes random, like bad luck with injuries to consider.

I see Campbell's progress and I see the offense moving the ball well between the 20s. I see an offense doing more to help the defense than a defense doing enough to help the offense. I'm more critical of Blache than Zorn at this point.

I think Z has much room for improvement. I'm very critical of his game management issues, but this play calling criticism is beyond absurd.

Progress doesn't happen in a straight line upward. It also doesn't happen in a vacuum. There are always other factors, sometimes random, like bad luck with injuries to consider.

I see Campbell's progress and I see the offense moving the ball well between the 20s. I see an offense doing more to help the defense than a defense doing enough to help the offense. I'm more critical of Blache than Zorn at this point.

I think Z has much room for improvement. I'm very critical of his game management issues, but this play calling criticism is beyond absurd.

You're right about progress, however, eventually it does happen in an upwards direction and so far, under Zorn, the record doesn't indicate progress. I think Campbell could do a lot better if Zorn would let him. I see Zorn keeping Campbell from throwing down field and taking the ball out of his hands in the redzone. Campbell's on pace for 8 TD passes, and for all the movement bewteen the 20s, we're only 19th in total yards. I know that's only two games, but that's all we have.

You're right about progress, however, eventually it does happen in an upwards direction and so far, under Zorn, the record doesn't indicate progress. I think Campbell could do a lot better if Zorn would let him. I see Zorn keeping Campbell from throwing down field and taking the ball out of his hands in the redzone. Campbell's on pace for 8 TD passes, and for all the movement bewteen the 20s, we're only 19th in total yards. I know that's only two games, but that's all we have.

I don't see Zorn holding Campbell back. Jason had two drops which would have been TDs in the red zone.

A ball control offense will never post gaudy numbers, but the offense's yardage numbers would have been higher than 19th if the defense had been better able to get off the field against the Giants who recorded five clock-eating drives of 8,8, 10,10 and 12 plays. This defense has the talent to be dominant, IMO.

I don't see Zorn holding Campbell back. Jason had two drops which would have been TDs in the red zone.

A ball control offense will never post gaudy numbers, but the offense's yardage numbers would have been higher than 19th if the defense had been better able to get off the field against the Giants who recorded five clock-eating drives of 8,8, 10,10 and 12 plays. This defense has the talent to be dominant, IMO.

Are you saying Zorn's red zone playcalling should go unquestioned? 3 passes for Campbell, that's it? Half-back pass on third down?

Ask yourself how many times you've heard a head coach in the NFL say he couldn't see how much time was on the play clock because he was being "blocked" and this is what contributed to clock mismanagement.

:doh:

Cowboys: a 30 million dollar TV screen where everybody can see it.

Skins: a billion dollar franchise and the team can't afford a clock near Zorn?

something smells funny?

Archived