Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What about running wildcat in redzone? (MET)

21cents

Why can't we run something cool that we came up with on our own? Or is that being too original?

I agree, stay away from the flavor of the week, but I wonder what new, cutting edge formations are yet to be created. The Wildcat is just a variation of the Single Wing which Joe Paterno ran when he was in high school.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't we run some wildcat - or at least direct snaps - to Portis when Saunders was here?

At this point, I don't think it can become an integral part of our offense, but if we are inside the ten and it is between a WR Screen, Half Back Pass, or Wildcat, I wouldn't mind seeing the Wildcat.

I notice how jimbo zorny loves running in the redzone. Attempted just 3 passes in the end zone sunday (2 campbells dropped td passes, one CP to coolmeister). How about we run the wildcat? have randle el or portis taking the direct snap? hell even campbell has the power and speed to run wildcat?

I think campbell will do pretty well in wildcat. Hes got a ben roethlisberger build with mcnabb speed. If not we can just have randle el back there.

Dang- you just gave away next week's playbook! :D

:evilg:

Archived