Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP / DC Sports Bog: So Is It Really Time To Boo The Redskins?

Hal2856

Memo to the LOSER players on our football team.

Yeah I'm talking to you, you thin skinned losers who never won a damn thing.

Let me give you a little history lesson.

Once upon a time the Washington Redskins were a good football team. A really good football team. Super Bowl good football team.

But sometimes even those teams failed to play up to a level that fans would like and be booed.

One such case happened on a beautiful November day in 1990. The Redskins had just come off being embarrassed on national television by the Philadelphia Eagles. They came home to play a mediocre Saints team. Early in that game the Skins fell behind and Art Monk and Gary Clark dropped some easy passes. Both players, especially Gary Clark, were booed by the fans.

For you current players who don't know your history, Gary Clark was a pretty decent player for the Skins :). He was booed.

You know how he reacted?

Did he piss and moan like a wussy crybaby because the fans let him know how bad he was playing?

No.

He got mad at himself and proceeded to have an 8 catch 131 yard day with two touchdowns. After the game Gary said that the boos actually focused him and made him realize that he was not getting the job done and that he needed to do better.

See that is a professional.

See that is a guy who wins Super Bowls.

You guys are not.

Love Cooley, but he and the rest of the team need to see what you just wrote. :applause:

Wow, I don't know if you read Robert Henson's tweet but he apologized for the comments he made on Twitter and said that he was hit with object thrown by the crowd. That's inexcusable. They are still our team, no matter how they play. I was disappoint today, even though they won, it didn't show the promise I had hoped to see before the season started. But throwing stuff at the Skins??? C'mon!

http://twitter.com/redskinslb51

maybe he got hit by a McDonalds cup

If you don't know, maybe you shouldn't start threads.

We can make that happen.

Wow, I don't post often at all and if you want to make that happen go ahead. I spend a lot of time on here and say nothing. I tried to look up the problem and to edit it but I'm not sure how. I am sorry if I have somehow offended you.

But I don't think I deserve that.

Fellow Fans:

Our players are just as frustrated as we are. I agree with Cooley.. A win is a win. They struggled and still won. I am happy with that. As bad as it looked. They still manhandled the rams offensively. They had long drives almost every time they had the ball. The red zone thing was disappointing, but I fault the coaching more than the players.

you should not be surprised that the players feel betrayed by us. I would too. They played their hearts out and we booed them.

I think HENSON went overboard though, but that was more of an emotional rant(I Think)

screw them. maybe someone should consider the feelings of a fan base that's rewarded mediority by making this team the most profitable and best-attended in the past decade. we're really supposed to feel bad because the locker room was quiet?

a real coach wouldn't even give them a monday off. a real coach would explain to every one of those 53 guys why they got booed, if they are really confused by it.

Wow, I don't know if you read Robert Henson's tweet but he apologized for the comments he made on Twitter and said that he was hit with object thrown by the crowd. That's inexcusable. They are still our team, no matter how they play. I was disappoint today, even though they won, it didn't show the promise I had hoped to see before the season started. But throwing stuff at the Skins??? C'mon!

http://twitter.com/redskinslb51

Yeah, I saw that and I'm glad he apologized. I can understand why he'd be upset initially, especially seeing as he got hit with something thrown by a "fan."

That's something that is being ignored, heck I forgot about it until I saw this, that there were fans throwing stuff at the players. That is absolutely pathetic, and I'm sure that and then booing when in victory formation, are why some of the players are upset with the fans over this.

Sorry, but no true fan throws stuff at the players, only morons with no self-control do that kind of crap. Them, and Philly fans.

Henson's comments were the most galling. I saw this one just an hour after the game:""All you fake half hearted Skins fan can .. I won't go there but I dislike you very strongly, don't come to Fed Ex to boo dim wits!!"

But I didn't see this one from him later: "The question is who are you to say you know what's best for the team and you work 9 to 5 at Mcdonalds," he wrote later.

I really hardly ever say this about players, but Henson really deserves a shut the **** up. You haven't earned an ounce of respect in this town to insult the fans like that.

Yep, and I cannot imagine that he will get a warm reception at the next home game. I guess he thinks that McDonald's employees can afford the tickets to attend the games, maybe he needs a dose of reality to remember what the fans pay for. Personally I think this was about the most accurate description of the booing:

On the other hand, after a decade-long drought of mediocrity, D.C. football fans just don't have a reservoir of patience any more. It's all dry and scaly, with the faint whiff of rust and decay.

I don't have a problem with what ARE, Cooley, Rabach or Hall said. The only one that kind of irks me is Henson. That McDonald's comment was just classless. Another athlete who feels he is better than average people who actually have to work for a living.

Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge athletes the money they make. No one is paying $100 to watch me do my job, much less 90,000 people. But a lot of these athletes have been told how special they are because of the physical attributes they were blessed with. In effect, they won the genetic lottery.

When you throw in the fact that many pro athletes grew up in less than wealthy situations, it sickens me that they forget all that when they get some money and a taste of 'the life.' They should be remember what it's like to be struggling and working for a living, not viewing themselves as above all that now.

If Henson gets cut at some point now, I sure won't feel bad for him.

P.S. I don't agree with the OP about how the fans are the Redskins more than the players are. We are just people watching the games. Period. Are fans a part of the game? Sure. Can they make a difference? Of course. But to view yourself as more of a part of the team than the players is self-indulgent beyond belief.

Well said, and...

Memo to the LOSER players on our football team.

Yeah I'm talking to you, you thin skinned losers who never won a damn thing.

Let me give you a little history lesson.

Once upon a time the Washington Redskins were a good football team. A really good football team. Super Bowl good football team.

But sometimes even those teams failed to play up to a level that fans would like and be booed.

One such case happened on a beautiful November day in 1990. The Redskins had just come off being embarrassed on national television by the Philadelphia Eagles. They came home to play a mediocre Saints team. Early in that game the Skins fell behind and Art Monk and Gary Clark dropped some easy passes. Both players, especially Gary Clark, were booed by the fans.

For you current players who don't know your history, Gary Clark was a pretty decent player for the Skins :). He was booed.

You know how he reacted?

Did he piss and moan like a wussy crybaby because the fans let him know how bad he was playing?

No.

He got mad at himself and proceeded to have an 8 catch 131 yard day with two touchdowns. After the game Gary said that the boos actually focused him and made him realize that he was not getting the job done and that he needed to do better.

See that is a professional.

See that is a guy who wins Super Bowls.

You guys are not.

Well said.

I remember this game. Last game vs NY

"The boos, that was the hardest thing," Brunell said. "You know, my kids were up in the stands, hearing all that." Two of his four children were old enough to grasp the venom. "They understood what was happening with their dad."

At least they were spared cruelty in the classroom.

"We home-school them," Brunell said. "It's a good thing, too. Can you imagine the abuse they'd take?"

The funny thing is that while Skins fans are booing their team after a win, Richie Rich is laughing all the way to the bank. Do you people really think that Synder cares if Skins fans boo after they just downed a couple $8 beers and $10 Papa Johns pizza and then maybe 20-30 bucks for parking and then 50 - 70 bucks on the Skins jersey they are wearing. Please

It is amazing to me that they don't get that skins fans aren't booing a win because of 1 game. They are booing because of 15 YEARS of games like Sunday.

The funny thing is that while Skins fans are booing their team after a win, Richie Rich is laughing all the way to the bank. Do you people really think that Synder cares if Skins fans boo after they just downed a couple $8 beers and $10 Papa Johns pizza and then maybe 20-30 bucks for parking and then 50 - 70 bucks on the Skins jersey they are wearing. Please

It is amazing to me that they don't get that skins fans aren't booing a win because of 1 game. They are booing because of 15 YEARS of games like Sunday.

Actually i do think he cares. He's a fan too. Yes, he's making dough, but he wants this team to win... Don't kid yourself, Zorn is getting an ear full, so is Vinny.

The Redskins are a terrible team and organization. Today, in their home opener, they barely beat the worst team in the NFL, and needed a lot of good luck just to get a 2 point win. For the amount of money this owner requires fans to pay for the privilege of attendance (while treating them to the worst gameday experience in the league), the booing was MORE than justified.

This organization should be booed at every home game. They are awful, in every respect.

Just a matter of time with this twitter thing. There is no filter anymore... I predict before the season is over there is going to be some major controversy in the NFL with a big dumb jock spouting off about something they shouldn't

You are absolutely right... Bad idea this twitter thing

I personally wouldn't have booed if i was at the game. I saw improvement from last week and the preseason and we won the game. Our passing game looks pretty solid and i thought Campbell played well. Stepped up in the pocket and ran when he had to. The only question i have really is the goaline play calling. We have to stick those in. This game wouldn't have been close. 0-4 in the redzone will only allow you to beat teams like the Rams. Plus the personal foul on the fumble was a killer. Had a chance to jump up 10 early and maybe make the Rams start to fade but it comes back and I was sure the Rams would score 7 which would be typical Redskin luck. So I'm happy with the win and hope to see them improve even more next week.

Just a matter of time with this twitter thing. There is no filter anymore... I predict before the season is over there is going to be some major controversy in the NFL with a big dumb jock spouting off about something they shouldn't

I think there already is, with a no name backup linebacker calling fans dimwits and deriding fans as know-nothings who "work 9 to 5 at McDonald's."

That angers me as a fan. That clown has no business insulting fans. This may well be what he'll be remembered for here. He might be better off on another team or, better yet, out of the NFL. Let him find work in the real world and lose some of that hubris.

Henson's comments were the most galling. I saw this one just an hour after the game:""All you fake half hearted Skins fan can .. I won't go there but I dislike you very strongly, don't come to Fed Ex to boo dim wits!!"

But I didn't see this one from him later: "The question is who are you to say you know what's best for the team and you work 9 to 5 at Mcdonalds," he wrote later.

I really hardly ever say this about players, but Henson really deserves a shut the **** up. You haven't earned an ounce of respect in this town to insult the fans like that.

Not to mention that someone working 9-5 at McDonalds most likely cannot afford a ticket to get into the stadium to "boo" in the first place!

Archived