Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP / DC Sports Bog: So Is It Really Time To Boo The Redskins?

Hal2856

Don't suck and you won't get booed?

You're getting paid millions of dollars to play the man's sport of all man's sports, and you're crying about getting booed because you drop balls? I mean, when I had tickets, I'd boo because they deserved it. I'd cheer because they deserve it. This isn't Pop Warner, grow a set of what you're supposed to catch.

Plus, yesterday wasn't even about the players; it was the playcalling. Call a game correctly, Zorn, and you won't get booed. It's not that hard.

I don't think being critical of a team = not being a good fan. Actually, I think it's the opposite. As die hard fans, it's your job to boo when your team looks that bad. They're big boys and I'm sure they'll be able to get over any hurt feelings.

I don't think this has to do w/class, it has to do w/passion for the game.

I don't think being critical of a team = not being a good fan. Actually, I think it's the opposite. As die hard fans, it's your job to boo when your team looks that bad. They're big boys and I'm sure they'll be able to get over any hurt feelings.

I don't think this has to do w/class, it has to do w/passion for the game.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Do you really think booing will make them play better? If you boo they are only going to play worse. Cheer them on and let them know you still have their backs so they will actually want to play better.

I couldn't disagree with you more. Do you really think booing will make them play better? If you boo they are only going to play worse. Cheer them on and let them know you still have their backs so they will actually want to play better.

Well, you're basically making an argument for positive reinforcement--as opposed to negative--which I'm typically in favor of.

While I don't think that booing will in fact make them play better, I think on some level they need to hear the boos. If, no matter what, they get adulation for even their very poor performances, how does that serve them?

Now, I'm not suggesting ppl immediately resort to booing whenever they're upset with the team; but I am saying that there is a time and a place for booing your own team.

Archived