Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP / DC Sports Bog: So Is It Really Time To Boo The Redskins?

Hal2856

I have never seen this. FNAS and PLAYERS going at it in the press, on the internet... Etc. Read this:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2009/09/so_is_it_really_time_to_boo_th_1.html

It's crazy and it pisses me off. We fans are why this game exists! If it wasn't for our love of the team, the PLAYERS couldn't make millions. My brother is a season ticket holder and it truly pains him to spend 12,000 a year for crap.

Screw Cooley for his comment! (AND I LOVED HIM OWN HIS JERESEY;I FEEL BETRAYED!) Screw Randle El! F Henson! If this is how they react to a piss poor performance than Gibbs was wrong! These aren't true Redskins, they are players getting paid. We should trade them all!

WE are the Redskins. It's our team, not there's.

You're reaction?

You play for the Redskins?

No we don't play for them, but WE FANS are more Skins than they are. Lets face it, if a player is paid more by another team their loyalty can be bought. Ours can't. We have the right to state how we feel. This game isn't about them, it's about us! And our town.

I've never been mad at our team. Today I am angry.

Henson's comments were the most galling. I saw this one just an hour after the game:""All you fake half hearted Skins fan can .. I won't go there but I dislike you very strongly, don't come to Fed Ex to boo dim wits!!"

But I didn't see this one from him later: "The question is who are you to say you know what's best for the team and you work 9 to 5 at Mcdonalds," he wrote later.

I really hardly ever say this about players, but Henson really deserves a shut the **** up. You haven't earned an ounce of respect in this town to insult the fans like that.

Drama queen

Maybe I am... But you know... We cannot express ourselves in any other way. This is called a "forum" a "fan forum" at that. And as a fan, this is my gut reaction to this bull. The players should not be mad at the fans, they should ask themselves how to be better and be upset that they let us down. A wins-a-win, but crap is crap too. We won, but played like crap.

Smoot had it right.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

"They're the fans; if they want to boo, let them boo," Fred Smoot said. "They should have booed."

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Then seemed to diplomatically back off when asked to clarify.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

I (the writer) asked why he thought fans should boo; "because they wanted to," Smoot said. "You can't control them, you can just control what we did on the field."

>>>>>>>>>>>>

It wasn't about this one game. That was frustration. It was frustration brought on by the realization that we are going to have the same type of season we've had for a very long time. It was the same type of performance that we have seen for a very long time. It's sad, it doesn't feel good. It's not a good time to be a Redskin fan, and it has not been a good time to be a Redskin fan for a very long time.

Smoot had it right.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

"They're the fans; if they want to boo, let them boo," Fred Smoot said. "They should have booed."

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Then seemed to diplomatically back off when asked to clarify.

>>>>>>>>>>>>

I (the writer) asked why he thought fans should boo; "because they wanted to," Smoot said. "You can't control them, you can just control what we did on the field."

>>>>>>>>>>>>

Good old Smoot.

I can think of 13 reasons why the home fans now boo, as in 13ppg and barely squeaking by, arguably, the worst team in the NFL 9-7. If ARE, Cooley and Henson can't understand that, then that's on them.

Anyone else notice how Andre Carter, Phillip Daniels and Fred Smoot "understand" why the fans are booing? The defense knows what's going on, well the ones that actually play and don't tweet.

didn't read the entire article but didn't see anything wrong with what cooley said

Really? Here's the excerpt:

"I thought it was a shame, to be honest with you," said Chris Cooley, arguably the team's most popular player. "You take a win when you can get it. And there's a lot of good players, and there's a lot of good teams in this league. I think Washington prides themselves on being the best fans, and I think that they should try to be the best fans. We won. I understand they wanted us to beat the Rams by 40, but we still won, and we if we continue to win games, that's great. Booing's unnecessary."

He is basically saying it's bad form what we did. Saying we shouldn't have and that we want to be considered the best fans, but with behavior like that, we are not.

Oh really? Philly fans boo all the time, and yet the media says their great? At least Philly has been dominant.

It depends on why the fans were booing. If they were booing at the overall performance of the team, then fine. I wouldn't have done it but I understand. If they were booing because they thought we should be trying to score a TD instead of kneeling on the ball, then they were a bunch of idiots and should never attend another Skins game.

Archived