Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hopkins student kills intruder with samurai sword

SkinInsite

A Johns Hopkins University student armed with a samurai sword killed a man who broke into the garage of his off-campus residence early Tuesday, a Baltimore police spokesman said.

According to preliminary reports, a resident of the 300 block of E. University Parkway called police about a suspicious person, department spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said. An off-duty officer responded about 1:20 a.m. to the area with university security, according to Guglielmi. They heard shouts and screams from a neighboring house and found the suspected burglar suffering from a nearly severed hand and lacerations to his upper body, he said.

The suspect was pronounced dead at the scene.

Last thing the thief saw.

samurai_fighting_many_enemies.jpg

Holy ****, that's kind of out there but whatever works. Good for him if his story is true.

This is from the news story too:

The suspected burglar, 49, whose name police did not release pending notification of next of kin, had 29 prior convictions for crimes such as breaking and entering, according to Guglielmi. He had been released Saturday from the Baltimore County Detention Center after he was arrested by county police in August for stealing a car in Baltimore, Guglielmi said.

Holy ****, that's kind of out there but whatever works. Good for him if his story is true.

This is from the news story too:

My question is, if someone has 29 convictions, at what point is a judge finally going to get it through his mind that no matter how minor the crime in front of him is, he should lock the dude up forever. Obviously being in jail isn't helping rehab him. And obviously when he gets out he's going to steal something else. Props to this guy for cutting him up. It needed to happen.

My question is, if someone has 29 convictions, at what point is a judge finally going to get it through his mind that no matter how minor the crime in front of him is, he should lock the dude up forever. Obviously being in jail isn't helping rehab him. And obviously when he gets out he's going to steal something else. Props to this guy for cutting him up. It needed to happen.

How many came as a result of each incident though? Don't forget we live in a world where one crime = a billion different criminal charges.

And they are debating weither they should press chargers? He killed a guy that CAME IN HIS HOUSE AND ATTACKED HIM.

Came into his house for the 2nd time in about 24 hours too. 29 previous convictions, I believe I read in the article? His luck finally ran out. I'm a pretty liberal guy but this dude had it coming.

Not a great defense choice in confined space but he seems to have made it work. Good for him. Someone should tell him about that great self defense weapon recently invented known as the shotgun.
It's off-campus housing, but rules probably prohibit that.

How many came as a result of each incident though? Don't forget we live in a world where one crime = a billion different criminal charges.
Are you serious? The dude got out of jail Saturday night for stealing a car:
Police have not formally released the name of the suspected burglar, but a department source identified the man as Donald D. Rice, 49, of the 600 block of E. 26th St. in Baltimore. He had 29 prior convictions for crimes such as breaking and entering, according to Guglielmi, and had been released Saturday from the Baltimore County Detention Center after he was arrested by county police in August for stealing a car in Baltimore.
This guy was a compulsive criminal. He illegally entered a residence, and lunged at the resident. He played the odds one too many times, and rolled snake eyes.

Came into his house for the 2nd time in about 24 hours too. 29 previous convictions, I believe I read in the article? His luck finally ran out. I'm a pretty liberal guy but this dude had it coming.

actually it was a detached garage. the kid grabbed a sword, left his own home, walked across his lawn, saw the door to the garage ajar, entered (thereby blocking the only exit) and killled the guy inside.

but yeah i'm sure you guys are right -- the kid probably did a criminal background check on the guy, and knowing his existing criminal record, was therefore qualified to serve as executioner.

Archived