Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Antwaan Randle El is money in the slot

ArmchairRedskin

The decision to move him inside and have him get some potential mismatches with one on one coverage is one of the best moves we've made. He made the Giants pay yesterday and on at least one pass I thought he'd take it in all the way.

So now not only do teams have to worry about making sure Cooley and Moss are covered, but they have to factor ARE in. That's gotta pay off as the season goes on. I mean, surely you can't just let him run wild underneath and over the middle all year. And surely if you commit more attention to him, that'll make some other guy's life easier, right?

That's the good news. The bad news is that he's skittish in his decision making and goes down very easily. Sometimes without any contact. What I mean by skittish is I've seen him time and time again go the wrong direction when in the open field with a defender. LIke that long run he had in the second quarter. I think if he would have gone to his left and trusted that other guy blocking he may have gone all the way. I wonder if he's taught to go down like he did yesterday. I mean, it looks like he's totally scared of contact. I couldn't imagine that he would be, but he went down on his own on at least two or three occasions yesterday. He's not known for coughing up the ball so what's the deal on that?

Yeah, but what about ARE's propensity for going down so easily? I don't understand how you just flop to the ground at the first sight of a defender in front of you.

I used the word crumple in the game thread, but I agree. He's no Wes Welker.

Ding

With Webster owning Moss on the outside, I have no clue why Zorn didn't try moving Moss around and lining him up in the slot yesterday

This team (including Gibbs II) doesn't know the meaning of in-game adjustments. They have a gameplan and they stick with it by golly!

ARE is way better then both Kelly and Thomas put together. It still cracks me up at the people who wanted to get rid of him :doh:

I don't think it's fair for anyone to say ARE is better or Kelly / Thomas is better for the simple fact that we haven't been able to see Kelly / Thomas for a full year.

Ding

With Webster owning Moss on the outside, I have no clue why Zorn didn't try moving Moss around and lining him up in the slot yesterday

It looked to me there were actually 2 or three plays near the end where they put moss in motion and moved him around a bit. Didn't make a difference it seemed.

ARE was great. Unfortunately, it was just him and Cooley. The Rams game better be night in day in the passing department. Or this is gonna be a painful season.

But I have hopes it was just a bad way to start the season, again... A lot of things better be night and day the next game.

Archived