Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss fighting and various personal fouls today.(Merged)

RIPSean

I like it, our guys don't take ****. I wrote up here Landry would be head hunting Jacobs all game. Jacobs got frustrated with it and went after Landry and got tossed on his ass. There's a reason there was no flag.

Yeah but the NFL is changing, if our guys keep playing with that mentality it will cost 15 yards everytime. I get what you are saying, but the NFL these days is all about personal fouls and taunting and all that stuff, it will bite us in the ass

Moss acted like a little kid out there. Can't really defend him.

I'll defend Landry, however. The hit out of bounds was a bit excessive, but he's always been a hitter and wants to set a tempo. I was a bit pissed at him at first but got over it.

Jacobs' soccer flop was some bull****. He did worse to Landry than that little shove.

I thought Landry played pretty well tonight. He made tackles when he had to, and ended up making a big play. Santana... not so much.

Glad to see a little fight out of the boys. I am hoping Landry will settle down like Sean Taylor did. Remember Sean Taylor started off playing the same way.

It's Landry's third year now and he is no way comparable to Sean Taylor at all. Sean Taylor came out of the gates red hot his rookie year. Can't say the same about Landry aside from the Seattle playoff game in 2007.

I get tired of watching Landry try to act like a tough guy by instigating personal fouls and then whiffs on several tackles. The guy sucks and hasn't proven anything.

There's one tackle in memory that I remember him wiffing on; the pass to Boss down the middle. He tried to hit him hard instead of wrapping him up. I was a bit upset about that play, myself.

Other than that and the PF, I still think the guy played a good game. Two good plays to counter...

One... making the tackle on Bradshaw after breaking through our LB's and being the last guy to save the touchdown. He also fought through Bradshaw's stiff-arm on that tackle.

Two... being up on the line of scrimmage and stopping Bradshaw once again from making a first in a third and one or two situation. Landry was one on one with him, and won the fight.

I'm still not sure why Landry is getting so much hate. He played well, in my opinion.

Both of them, especially Moss, came off as very childish today. Both of ya'll need to grow up and remember you represent more then just yourself when you put on the B&G. You represent us.

:hysterical: Have you seen this board?? After games like this I'm ashamed to be a Redskins fan based on the crap posted. Calling players morons, idiots and telling them to shut the f up and play...I wouldn't blame them if they didn't.

This is not to say that they need to control their emotions a little better.They absolutely do. But NONE of us were privy to what provoked Tana and LL. Webster has a handful of Tana's facemask as well.Not too mention Antonio Pierce's ***** ass pushed Webster into Tana knocking him down.

Both of them, especially Moss, came off as very childish today.

I'm on a mission to defend Landry, tonight. I don't think the guy did anything that he shouldn't have done. I've already commented on the backfield scrap with Jacobs. That was all on Jacobs, and he should have gotten a penalty on that play.

The personal foul was made to set the tone. Landry was gonna hit anyone who came near him; something that this board has actually praised him for in the past.

:hysterical: Have you seen this board?? After games like this I'm ashamed to be a Redskins fan based on the crap posted. Calling players morons, idiots and telling them to shut the f up and play...I wouldn't blame them if they didn't.

I would blame them, just like we're blaming them now. It's not their job to listen to us, nor base their performance from what we think. It's their job to play football.

I don't know what Moss was thinking. He started it and got all bent out of shape and i have no idea what would prompt that.

He's always been somewhat of a hot-head. This isn't the first time he's tried picking a fight with a CB who was being rough with him in coverage.

By the way... Brett Favre is coming for you. :chair::D

This is not to say that they need to control their emotions a little better.They absolutely do. But NONE of us were privy to what provoked Tana and LL. Webster has a handful of Tana's facemask as well.Not too mention Antonio Pierce's ***** ass pushed Webster into Tana knocking him down.

Dude, I've been here a long time, and it didn't always used to be like this. When I say us, I'm talking about the real Skins fans, not the bandwagoners that jump in here free admission every other week.

Moss lost it before Webster did, and never got his head back in the game (the JC int, even tho it shouldn't have been thrown, was wtf watching Moss skip back to the ball while Webster attacked it). Tana was losing it, took himself out the game againt a cornerback who really is not that good, and he knows it.

Landry is becoming a promised 15yard hit out of bounds penalty a game type of player, and it's driving me nuts man. I really wish he'd just help end the plays, or if they're over, keep it moving. This constant missing of tackles for doomsday hits and unsportsmanlike penalty calls is getting old, and quite frankly, embarrasing, let alone frustrating.

These are supposed to be the leaders of this team, and they have to maintain that all season, not when it's convienient for them. We really need them to step up and set the tone this year because we need their help to win football games.

Note to Moss and Landry: Grow up.

I'm on a mission to defend Landry, tonight. I don't think the guy did anything that he shouldn't have done. I've already commented on the backfield scrap with Jacobs. That was all on Jacobs, and he should have gotten a penalty on that play.

Attitude-wise, you're absolutely correct in defending Landry. He didn't start **** with Jacobs and his late hit was ill-advised but close enough to be completely forgivable. However...

There's one tackle in memory that I remember him wiffing on; the pass to Boss down the middle. He tried to hit him hard instead of wrapping him up. I was a bit upset about that play, myself.

He missed like that on more than one tackle and was frequently late to the ball in coverage. It was a very weak game overall for him despite the fact that he made a few plays.

its an nfc east game. you are girls for makingg a thread and discussint it.

I don't think so. I can't recall a more violent incident like that in a Redskins game in years, NFC East or not. When was the last time one of our star players repeatedly swung at an opponent before being slammed to the ground? I can't really recall a similar major incident in recent years. Even the 05 spitting incident was not violent like this.

I thought it was more noteworthy than people made it out to be.

Dude, I've been here a long time, and it didn't always used to be like this. When I say us, I'm talking about the real Skins fans, not the bandwagoners that jump in here free admission every other week.

Moss lost it before Webster did, and never got his head back in the game (the JC int, even tho it shouldn't have been thrown, was wtf watching Moss skip back to the ball while Webster attacked it). Tana was losing it, took himself out the game againt a cornerback who really is not that good, and he knows it.

Landry is becoming a promised 15yard hit out of bounds penalty a game type of player, and it's driving me nuts man. I really wish he'd just help end the plays, or if they're over, keep it moving. This constant missing of tackles for doomsday hits and unsportsmanlike penalty calls is getting old, and quite frankly, embarrasing, let alone frustrating.

These are supposed to be the leaders of this team, and they have to maintain that all season, not when it's convienient for them. We really need them to step up and set the tone this year because we need their help to win football games.

Note to Moss and Landry: Grow up.

Great post

I agree 99%. I think Landry is a little too naive to be an expected leader of this team, and it isn't his fault. Somebody needs to set him straight, drill a new sense of discipline in to his brain. Make the kid run 5 more laps at the end of practice. It almost looks like he's being treated with kid gloves the way he loses his senses during the game.

He is far from a leader. He has a knack for making plays in pressure situations, but pressure shouldn't be the only thing that gets him focused.

Agree. I kind of noticed this behavior over the last couple of years. The entire team looks like they just show up to collect pachecks at times. Nobody rally's around anyone. Guys pick themsleves up off the turf. When we score, no really looks all that happy about it. The team is just flat and lifeless.

The ref was right there during the Moss fight, and ultimately he probably heard what started it. For all we know the DB called him something that went across the line, thus instigating the fight, which is why he started throwing punches. When Sean Taylor got tossed for spitting, Michael Pittman threw a punch at him if I'm not mistaken. But the officials didn't penalize him for that, presumably because he was reacting to the spit. I'm not suggesting that fighting should be your first resort, but...I don't necessarily agree with the league's stance either in that if someone's doing something they're not supposed to be doing you should wait for the refs to sort of out.

As for Landry, I'll take a hard hitter that sometimes draws a flag all day long. If he had knocked the guy out it would have been even more worth it.

Archived