Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss fighting and various personal fouls today.(Merged)

RIPSean

As for Landry, I'll take a hard hitter that sometimes draws a flag all day long. If he had knocked the guy out it would have been even more worth it.

So, you want Mark Carrier back at safety.

Landry is far far too young to be turning into that kind of head hunter. Yes, he will make the occasionally highlight-reel hit. But he is going to give up far too many first downs and free 15 yards to ever make up for it.

It's stupid football and it's how you lose games.

Glad to see a little fight out of the boys. I am hoping Landry will settle down like Sean Taylor did. Remember Sean Taylor started off playing the same way.

Taylor never really stopped playing that way. He was pretty much always good for a 15 yarder.

What made it a little more acceptable was that Taylor was a pretty good tackler for the most part.

Taylor never really stopped playing that way. He was pretty much always good for a 15 yarder.

What made it a little more acceptable was that Taylor was a pretty good tackler for the most part.

Landry arm tackles and whiffs way too often because he always tries for big hits. I'm convinced at this point that he's nothing more than an average safety.

Jacobs is a trash talking piece of crap who half the time cant back it up with his play.

Corey Webster instigated moss by putting his fingers in his eyes and only god knows what he said to him.....Moss got his helmet ripped off and punches TO HIS FACE. And what did the refs expect Moss to sit there and take it like a *****? He didnt get ejected because he didnt warrant an ejection.

With the exception of Landry, it was the Giants. Not to say our guys weren't also at fault, but the Giants do chippy PF stuff a lot. Hell, even the Landry / Jacobs incident in the backfield was instigated by Jacobs.

Thats true, though our guys were doing just as much. WHat got me though, was there were ZERO calls against the Gints for the really low hits on JC. There were several of them that sould have netted some yardage and perhaps a little more cautiousness getting after the QB...

I'm on a mission to defend Landry, tonight.

The personal foul was made to set the tone. Landry was gonna hit anyone who came near him; something that this board has actually praised him for in the past.

Here's a thought. "Set the tone" without getting crippling 15-yard penalties. With hard, effective, legal tackling. "Setting the tone" with 15-yard personal foul penalties is just stupid.

"Setting the tone"? Lots of guys in the NFL hit hard. Landry isn't so special.

I thought there should have been an ejection too. BUT I do understand that at the NFL level you don't want to toss "stars" of the game out for a pushing/shoving match. They were both issued personal fouls for unsportsmanlike conduct. So, if they did that again...they would be ejected.

At others level of Football they would have been both ejected...possibly others in the scrum.

its hard to know if that really means we are not a team, but i know this, I had plenty of people on various different sports teams Ive played for that I did not like, But if one of those players was involved in an altercation with the other team i was there for him. I still see guys i trained with and stuff that I was never really a friend of, but i always say hello and see how they have been out of the respect I had for them for going through practice with me everyday and battling.

I guess what I am trying to say is that if our guys even have an ounce of respect for their teammates they should be there to help him out in a situation like that.

On the flop side I still think we can play as a team, i guess just not fight as one ( sad)

For everything that the team did wrong, stupid or just plain absent minded yesterday staying clear of this little spat was the absolute right thing to do. If they get involved things escalate, flags fly and players are ejected.

Smart move to stay away, this isn't a fighting match, it's a football game. IF more people had jumped in, there WOULD have been more penalties and/or ejections. Play the damn game and leave the petty crap out of it. I was pissed that santana even started the damn altercation. He simply got worked by Corey Webster, he was out played, plain and simple.

Defend Landry all you want, but he's not even the best hitter on the defense. London Fletcher is the best hitter, tackler, defender and player on our team at the moment.

Sean Taylor did draw entirely too many 15 yard penalties, thing is, Sean also went and got the football for us, and actually forced fumbles with his hits. Landry doesn't get nearly enough turnovers to warrant the head hunting whiffing he does.

Landry isn't anywhere near Sean Taylor's level, which is why the headhunting he does is absolutely NOT acceptable.

I just posted on this in the other Moss thread.

He should of been thrown out of the game, and was EXCEPTIONALLY lucky he wasn't. Even more so when you consider one official was looking straight at it from the get go. He may not of started it, but the bonehead sure was throwing his fists around.

And sadly this isn't the first time frustrations gotten the better of him.

Hail.

Thrown out of the game for throwing punches? Come on man, this happens in every game. The off-setting penalties were enough of a punishment.

Defend Landry all you want, but he's not even the best hitter on the defense. London Fletcher is the best hitter, tackler, defender and player on our team at the moment.

Sean Taylor did draw entirely too many 15 yard penalties, thing is, Sean also went and got the football for us, and actually forced fumbles with his hits. Landry doesn't get nearly enough turnovers to warrant the head hunting whiffing he does.

Landry isn't anywhere near Sean Taylor's level, which is why the headhunting he does is absolutely NOT acceptable.

Haynesworth is a beasts.

Archived