Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Moss fighting and various personal fouls today.(Merged)

RIPSean

What did you guys think of the Moss/Webster fighting incident, the Landry and Jacobs backfield skirmish, and personal fouls such as Landry's hit on Jacobs out of bounds?

Moss looked like he completely lost his mind for a moment and just started throwing uppercuts. I think he may have gone for an eye rake too before getting slammed to the ground. I know Moss is a tough, scrappy little guy, but this was not expected and I for one was surprised he didn't get thrown out of the game. It really seemed to me like he completely instigated it. Expect a fine.

Landry also lost his cool a couple times, pushing Jacobs over in the backfield away from a play (though there may have been some acting) and also late hitting him out of bounds. Maybe he was just trying to show the world he's not afraid of Jacobs after getting trucked a year ago, but it wasn't smart regardless. The guy is a talent but always a personal foul threat.

Now I like tough, borderline dirty football and sometimes it's great to see a mean streak, but I think they just looked like punks today. This was less tough than it was classless... yet when things got ugly, I have to admit I was half rooting for a brawl :D

I was traveling today, so I didn't get to watch the game. I was forced to listen to updates on AM radio. At any rate, I was happy to hear about Santana scrapping with somebody. It made me think - for a very few minutes at least - that this team had come out with an attitude. I hope they come out that way next week. They will probably be mad enough to do that in practice this week. I would be!

I just posted on this in the other Moss thread.

He should of been thrown out of the game, and was EXCEPTIONALLY lucky he wasn't. Even more so when you consider one official was looking straight at it from the get go. He may not of started it, but the bonehead sure was throwing his fists around.

And sadly this isn't the first time frustrations gotten the better of him.

Hail.

Is anybody else tired of hearing all the talk about Campbell? Can we just cut our lossed and start Todd Collins? Its obvious Campbell is not the QB next year anyway.

Does everything have to turn into a Campbell discussion? Or was that an attempt at humor?

He should of been thrown out of the game, and was EXCEPTIONALLY lucky he wasn't. Even more so when you consider one official was looking straight at it from the get go. He may not of started it, but the bonehead sure was throwing his fists around.

Hail.

I agree 100%. I would even say that Moss DID start it. His helmet came off which made him look like the victim...but he smacked the DB a few times in the face before he got hit himself.

The Moss thing was blown up a little by Aikman/Buck to be all his fault, but the only angle they showed it from was behind Moss, and you couldn't see the other guy throwing uppercuts too - the guy hit him a few times but all you saw was Moss throwing punches

Moss should have had three flags thrown at him before the other guy retaliated. He should have been tossed, not that it mattered much - Moss ended up taking himself out of the game.

Hail.

I like Moss, so when I see him throw tantrums like this it's pretty upsetting. I seem to recall him doing similar things in other games before. Like headbutting a defensive back in a Rams game.

I like 'Tana too, I think he's a pure baller, and has a world of heart...BUUT...the guy can get frustrated too easily by far. Any game in which he's even somewhat shut down means by the 4th quarter his head is completely not in the game, and he's liable to do something stupid, get penalized for it and thereby kill whatever kind of drive we may be putting together.

I don't care that I'm beating a dead horse, but this doesn't happen more than once, if that, with any player in either of the Gibbs go-rounds. He simply wouldn't have tolerated it, and for good reason. This kind of immature bs reminds me of Michael Westbrook's hijinks under Norval, when at least 3 or 4 times a year we were guaranteed to witness a temper tantrum that would get flagged, and look away from our tv sets in embarassment and shame.

It's not only not Redskins football, it's not any kind of football, at any level. If if was Art Monk or Bobby Mitchell himself out there pulling this crap I would say the same thing: that **** ends or his career in B&G does, period.

Blache MUST get Landry to play under control. His terrible angles and late hits are killing this defense. I think part of the problem is that Landry is being asked to play FS instead of his natural position of SS.

A safety is a safety. Their jobs aren't different enough to make that big a difference.

Sure, there are some things that change from the weak safety to the strong safety, but let's not pass blame off of Landry. Landry hasn't been good for us lately. Like I said, he has flashes, but the guy doesn't play smart football.

Chris Horton is the best safety on this team.

I really don't think Landry is very good. To be honest with you. He has moments of greatness but he has so many moments where he goes for the big hit and whiffs or misses an assignment that it's disgusting to watch.

I agree. It's painful to watch Landry anymore, he cares more about talking **** than doing anything on the field. I wouldn't mind seeing us use him as trade bait.

This incident just shows some of the players do not respect Zorn and that will be a big problem later if he does not take control.

I agree. While the players are supposed to be professionals, and ACT like it, I believe that Coach Zorn should have let him have it, then benched him for the rest of the game, or better yet, just sent him to the locker room. He doesn't seem to assert himself as a leader and there were too many STUPID personal fouls today.

Archived