Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Unofficial ES/RR "Don't be that guy" at the tailgate thread

Skinsfan1311

An ES/RR tailgate is a kick-ass event.

It's a great time, lots of good food and great people.

A lot of us at the ES/RR tailgate spend a lot of time, effort and money into making the tailgate a great experience. Just look at the menu and the stuff people are bringing, (shrimp, steaks, brats, salmon, wings, desserts, top shelf liqour, beer, etc.)

A lot of these same people are spending an awful lot of time both at home, and at the tailgate, cooking up the food. Don't get me wrong, it's a labor of of love.

My issue, (which is shared by of some of our ES bretheren who step up each week), is the person who shows up with a $2.00 bag of chips, or a bottle of soda, then proceeds to scarf up shrimp, ribeyes, wings while throwing down multiple shots of top-shelf liquor, and good beer.

It happens at every tailgate.

Don't be that guy.

Thanks!

Disclaimer: This certainly does not apply to the people who have to take the Metro and/or can only carry so much. We used to take the Metro and park in the Blue lot, so we are well aware of the logistics.

Even though I haven't attended a tailgate yet, I fully agree with this post.

I hope to attend the draft day party in April. You can expect me to bring plenty of BBQ ribs, a hefty portion of banana pudding, and plenty of soda. I will be happy to donate a healthy sum to Pez (I think he is the one who collects) as well.

It's only fair.

Even though I haven't attended a tailgate yet, I fully agree with this post.

I hope to attend the draft day party in April. You can expect me to bring plenty of BBQ ribs, a hefty portion of banana pudding, and plenty of soda. I will be happy to donate a healthy sum to Pez (I think he is the one who collects) as well.

It's only fair.

With the NFL changing the 1st round to a Thursday night, I doubt there will be a DDP at the stadium next off season. :(

Is Redskins Roadtrips an actual business?

and what is their affiliation to ES?

I am an Administrator of Redskin-Roadtrips www.redskin-roadtrips.com and we are a website run by some members of ES that puts together away game trips for Redskins fans.

We are non-profit.

We are teamed up with ES tailgating both home and some away games since most of our members are also members of this site.

Disclaimer: This certainly does not apply to the people who have to take the Metro and/or can only carry so much. We used to take the Metro and park in the Blue lot, so we are well aware of the logistics.

Great post as we get ready for another epic season of ES style tailgating!

One more thing that I'd offer for those that "can only carry so much" because of logistics.

I am certain that the organizers (see Huly) who regulary spend a great deal of their time and money, would gladly accept a monetary donation from those who are logistically challenged to help defray the cost of the tailgate...and all of the liquor, wings, shrimp and ribeye they scarf down. :D

YEA DONT BE A MOOOCH!!!

I arrived late to one TG and couldn't park by everyone.. so i just plopped my grill out and fired it up.. and cooked 3 dozen hotdogs, then just went over to the tables set up and placed them on the table. I think i took about 3 of Pez's wings, and thats all i had time for before i had to head into the stadium.

If all you are going to bring is some chips or something... that worth about 1 hotdog IMO, so dont mooch, its UNCOOL - unless offered more of course.

HTTR!!

I can't wait to get down to a tailgate again this year. I have to figure out what game (the Saints game is the early lead).

I always bring chips, Jack Daniels, and my own cooler jammed with beer. So I'm proud to say I'm not that guy. I could never imagine doing that.......

No...you're the guy with the really cool glasses!

Though the sponsors say: It's okay to be that guy because they are nice.

I donated 40$ anyway because that's a production you don't want to go away.

though due to Pez's last home game 'incident', i was pulled in to carve turkeys ;)

Turkeys don't deep fry themselves... donate to the cause.

I always bring my Skittle Vodka, bread and beer don't ride well in the 5 hour drive...

That stuff is highly addicting! I had some of it in Canton...the Orange flavored one is just off the hook...there is "crack on a stick" at the tailgate...that stuff is "crack in a bottle." I've never had anything like it before or since...excellent stuff!

I'll say this, as one of the people who cooks a fair amount, I'm happy to do it. But it would probably be better if some folks just brought money rather than another bag of chips.

Let's be honest, with a few exceptions, we often have a lot of food leftover at the end of the tailgate, and some of it winds up being thrown away and wasted. Rather than bringing more chips, bring money and eat some of the stuff that can't be reused at a later date.

I'll say this, as one of the people who cooks a fair amount, I'm happy to do it. But it would probably be better if some folks just brought money rather than another bag of chips.

Let's be honest, with a few exceptions, we often have a lot of food leftover at the end of the tailgate, and some of it winds up being thrown away and wasted. Rather than bringing more chips, bring money and eat some of the stuff that can't be reused at a later date.

Good points!

There is definitely some waste, however, many people do store the food and break it out for the post-tailgate where it get's scarfed up.

Archived