Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins statement regarding season tickets, brokers

themurf

Let's look at the tix in section 215 row 4 on ascticket.com:

. . .

So, I would recommend ascticket.com for this particular purchase. Shoot me.

It is interesting that you picked this one ticket as an example because I jsut looked at the ASC website and it is the only ticket (out of perhaps 500) that is listed as under face value.

In any event, I don't think that tickets in section 215 -- which are re-sold at under face in your example -- are what is at issue. The Skins sold ASC tickets in 101 and 142, which can be sold at a much larger premium. They are listed between triple face value on ASC's website -- and these are the tickets that are going directly from the Skins to ASC rather than to upgrading season ticket holders or reducing the wait list.

A radio caller on 106.7 last night also mentioned that the mods on this site refer buyers to ASC ticket. I really expected a response by the mods other than "lol."

Why would the Redskins care that sellers are directed to ASC? The Redskins have already sold those tickets. They're out of the loop now. No money comes back to them.

This whole ticket story is definitely a smudge on the Redskins reputation, but there's no need to muddy it up with idiotic claims that the mods are somehow acting as shills for ticket brokers.

I find the Redskin's treatment of fans to be horrible. I've been a season ticket holder in some capacity for 6 years now - first club (through my company) and for the last three years with upper bowl seats in my own name.

This season I called every two weeks starting in March to see if I could be moved into the lower bowl. Every time I called I was told "call back in a month - we'll do the moves then". I missed "the day" to call back by about 3 days because when I did they told me that the only seats available in the lower bowl were singles and obstructed view seats. For an annual purchase that personally runs me over $2700 (3 tix plus gray parking) I would think they would give a small crap about customer service.

Instead I am treated to a wide range of different responses when I call. Sometimes I get completely hostile reps, others extremely friendly ones. The only common thread among them is that I will get a different answer every time I call. My latest was in trying to get a gray parking pass. I called to see if I could get Red (nope - other problems with that) but was offered Gray. Hmm, I'll think about it and call you back. Next day I decided to go with Gray and the person answering said "Sorry, all sold out". Nuts!

Me: "Completely sold out?!?"

Redskins TO: "Yep, nothing available anywhere."

Me: "So I'm out of luck on parking?"

Redskins TO: "Yes."

The guy was curt and just wanted me off the phone. I hung up and called back immediately. Told then next lady that answered that I wanted to buy a gray parking pass.

Me: "I've been on the waiting list of parking passes for a couple years. Are any available?"

Redskins TO: "Not right now sir, we're trying to negotiate with the church to get more parking."

(She was very nice and seemed like she wanted to help but alas, no luck)

I hung up, dialed back and got a third person.

Me: "I was told that I could get a Gray parking pass. Can I pay for that now?"

Redskins TO: "Sure..."

(He took my credit card information and sure enough my parking passes came in.)

I don't blame the folks working the phones at the Redskins ticket office (except the rude ones) - this is a management issue. Clearly they continue to have a lack of standards and processes there, even after the completely turnover that happened over 6 months ago.

It's getting harder and harder for me to justify this "fan experience".

Why would the Redskins care that sellers are directed to ASC? The Redskins have already sold those tickets. They're out of the loop now. No money comes back to them.

This whole ticket story is definitely a smudge on the Redskins reputation, but there's no need to muddy it up with idiotic claims that the mods are somehow acting as shills for ticket brokers.

It seems pretty obvoius to me. If the demand for ASC's tickets is increased, so is their price and profit, and they are more likely to continue and expand their relationship with the Redskins in future years, purchasing more (club) tickets. If their is no demand for ASC tickets, ASC does not continue the relationship.

It seems pretty obvoius to me. If the demand for ASC's tickets is increased, so is their price and profit, and they are more likely to continue and expand their relationship with the Redskins in future years, purchasing more (club) tickets. If their is no demand for ASC tickets, ASC does not continue the relationship.

So the grand plan is that Dan Snyder directs the volunteer moderators to shill for ASC to a couple dozen lunatic fans on the fan message board. Gotcha. :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

-

I will say this type of thinking is not surprising, and it certainly isn't unexpected ever since Extremeskins was bought by the team. That was the pitfall for those who built Extremeskins when the Redskins acquired it - there would always be the cloud of suspicion that this board was just another cog in Snyder's growing media empire. And despite tons of evidence that there is no validity to the notion that the mods are influenced by the team in any way, that perception persists.

So the grand plan is that Dan Snyder directs the volunteer moderators to shill for ASC to a couple dozen lunatic fans on the fan message board. Gotcha. :thumbsup: :rolleyes:

-

I will say this type of thinking is not surprising, and it certainly isn't unexpected ever since Extremeskins was bought by the team. That was the pitfall for those who built Extremeskins when the Redskins acquired it - there would always be the cloud of suspicion that this board was just another cog in Snyder's growing media empire. And despite tons of evidence that there is no validity to the notion that the mods are influenced by the team in any way, that perception persists.

Moderators do this for free? No free tickets, no shake hands with Vinnie, no free ticket to the Welcome Home Luncheon, no special VIP practices at camp, no free hat, no free tailgate pass, no free parking, nothing? Absolutely uncompensated? I don't believe it, no one would do that for free.

Moderators do this for free? No free tickets, no shake hands with Vinnie, no free ticket to the Welcome Home Luncheon, no special VIP practices at camp, no free hat, no free tailgate pass, no free parking, nothing? Absolutely uncompensated? I don't believe it, no one would do that for free.
Why wouldn't they?

Come on you know you guys get all the perks. Hell I know for a fact that when they come to town they have guaranteed reservations at one of the finest Bed And Breakfasts in the whole US of A! :silly:

Come on you know you guys get all the perks. Hell I know for a fact that when they come to town they have guaranteed reservations at one of the finest Bed And Breakfasts in the whole US of A! :silly:

Correction. Bed and no breakfast. and we do,on, occasion get picked up at the airport by a pretty blonde. ;)

Karl,I've never met Vinnie,never got a hat,no free ticket from the team(last I went to a game near 2 years ago I paid for my own). Nothing you mentioned. I've received no direct compensation what so ever. And ya know,I ain't complaining.

BTW.What the hell is ASC...ACS...ASS,whatever?

Ahhh, I was waiting for the annual "You mods and all your perks!" post.

Now that we have this final piece the season can begin

Ya know that's a good point. I knew something was missing around here. That feeling that all wasn't quite right going in to the season. Now I know what it was. ;)

But seriously, doesn't it seem like we see the exact same posts every year? Like some weird B&G Groundhog Day vortex, the same "You mods KNOW you're getting something under the table" or the perennial "I am quitting on this team IF ________" rants appear over and over again.

I am past the point of objecting, I almost look for them as signs of football on the way, a swallows returning to FedEx to get drunk kinda thing.

What makes you think that they weren't? Remember, this was taken care of in the past, probably when we heard about those firings back at the beginning of the year. Those tickets probably have long been released.

My guess is we will never know. But you do make a good point. Maybe they did release them. Who knows. I guess I'm just pissed and not sure who to direct it towards

The comment about the broker that was mentioned on this site was brought up on the radio tonight. Synder is no dummy, he bought the radio station to move the skins so they could dictate the communications by the organization. They skins did acquire this site, so if they house the data and servers then yes maybe the would look into putting their voice in the site.

I hope this site was not bought off by Synder, but now I am not sure. What I do know is some of the original brains behind the site are no longer around for whatever reason, and that is sad.

Regardless today is not a good day to be a fan of the redskins.

:rubeyes: What?

It is interesting that you picked this one ticket as an example because I jsut looked at the ASC website and it is the only ticket (out of perhaps 500) that is listed as under face value.

Karl, you are just spewing nonsense by the gallon. You are embarrassing yourself. There are dozens of tickets under face on ASC. DOZENS. Walk away.

In any event, I don't think that tickets in section 215 -- which are re-sold at under face in your example -- are what is at issue. The Skins sold ASC tickets in 101 and 142, which can be sold at a much larger premium. They are listed between triple face value on ASC's website -- and these are the tickets that are going directly from the Skins to ASC rather than to upgrading season ticket holders or reducing the wait list.

A radio caller on 106.7 last night also mentioned that the mods on this site refer buyers to ASC ticket. I really expected a response by the mods other than "lol."

I am an ES member. In my post above, I was responding to some nutcase above that suggested that the ES staff is guiding fans to a specific website to buy tickets. That is ludicrous. The example above is a perfect illustration of that. I, personally, as an ES member, do occasionally guide my fellow members to ascticket.com. Why? Because I see GREAT DEALS! Crucify me.

There is also stagefront.com. Check them out. They are ASC's main competitor and they could use a little attention right now.

:secret: stagefront is currently selling greens for the Rams @ $35 each (shh)

:secret: oh, and they also have tickets under face for the Rams. (shh, don't tell!)

lol
lol
No free tickets, no meeting with Vinnie or even the janitor, no welcome home luncheon, no VIP passes at camp, no free hat, no tailgate pass. Bingo. You have a perfect score.

Do you wear funny hats? How about platform clown shoes with a goldfish in the clear heel? What about face paint? Clip on fake gold teeth? A pickle behind your ear with a flower in your hair? High waters jeans with neon suspenders? Tin foil hat?

I have to ask these things because you obviously enjoy looking silly. I'm just trying to figure out to what degree of silliness is your best look.:)

Archived