Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins statement regarding season tickets, brokers

themurf

Karl ponders the matter of Redskins ticket sales, ES, and the role of mods on ES.

drinking-beer.jpg

Karl checks in with the advisors in his head, who are always there to help him.

circus2.jpg

Karl firms up his conclusions

doc.jpg

Karl is prepared to mount the keyboard and state his case

FontanaPA_468x891.jpg

Karl posts his biting and perceptive insights

hindenburg.jpg

Karl, "Mission Accomplished", returns to work

boob.jpg

But Karl never stops thinking

homer.jpg

So let scoffers and moderators alike beware

squirrel05.jpg

For Karl never sleeps

moron.jpg

thats bull**** and let me tell you why.

first - i feel bad for her, and don't wish her bad luck on anyone else.

but lets get real here - they are going to let her off because the Washington Post used it as a sob story? What about all the other fans that this happened to? Are the redskins going to let them off too? What about people who were sued a few years ago?

No, their story wasn't publicized by the washington post, so they wont get let off the hook. Pure and utter bull****.

Not to mention that the woman entered a legal contract as an adult, and also failed to show up to court when served with a law suite.

yeah, sounds exactly like the way this should have gone.... what garbage.

I find the Redskin's treatment of fans to be horrible. I've been a season ticket holder in some capacity for 6 years now - first club (through my company) and for the last three years with upper bowl seats in my own name.

This season I called every two weeks starting in March to see if I could be moved into the lower bowl. Every time I called I was told "call back in a month - we'll do the moves then". I missed "the day" to call back by about 3 days because when I did they told me that the only seats available in the lower bowl were singles and obstructed view seats. For an annual purchase that personally runs me over $2700 (3 tix plus gray parking) I would think they would give a small crap about customer service.

Instead I am treated to a wide range of different responses when I call. Sometimes I get completely hostile reps, others extremely friendly ones. The only common thread among them is that I will get a different answer every time I call. My latest was in trying to get a gray parking pass. I called to see if I could get Red (nope - other problems with that) but was offered Gray. Hmm, I'll think about it and call you back. Next day I decided to go with Gray and the person answering said "Sorry, all sold out". Nuts!

Me: "Completely sold out?!?"

Redskins TO: "Yep, nothing available anywhere."

Me: "So I'm out of luck on parking?"

Redskins TO: "Yes."

The guy was curt and just wanted me off the phone. I hung up and called back immediately. Told then next lady that answered that I wanted to buy a gray parking pass.

Me: "I've been on the waiting list of parking passes for a couple years. Are any available?"

Redskins TO: "Not right now sir, we're trying to negotiate with the church to get more parking."

(She was very nice and seemed like she wanted to help but alas, no luck)

I hung up, dialed back and got a third person.

Me: "I was told that I could get a Gray parking pass. Can I pay for that now?"

Redskins TO: "Sure..."

(He took my credit card information and sure enough my parking passes came in.)

I don't blame the folks working the phones at the Redskins ticket office (except the rude ones) - this is a management issue. Clearly they continue to have a lack of standards and processes there, even after the completely turnover that happened over 6 months ago.

It's getting harder and harder for me to justify this "fan experience".

So to recap:

The first time you called you were immedately offered parking, which you declined. The next two times you called you get essentially the same answer that you had waited too long, although the second time the agent tried to hold out a slender reed of hope. The fourth time you misled them and, rather than attempting to verify the lie, the agent honored your request.

As a result you are having trouble justifying how these people have treated you.

You say that you get rude agents, and I suppose you do. I personally usually have a positive interaction with them. But if the example you gave is something that's giving you the fits, I submit that you seem to be easily disturbed.

Archived