Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins statement regarding season tickets, brokers

themurf

There are 4 I know personally that were upgraded to the LL from the UL. Many others posted they were, but I don't know them in real life. As a matter of fact 3 of the 4 I know which includes me were all able to move to the same LL section.

I moved down to the LL (Section 133) this year. I was in Section 431 last year and called one day and was able to moved. It only cost the upgrade in the tickets. Some people called right after I called and couldn't get upgraded, some people were able to. It just depended on who you talked to in the TO.

I think part of the "big" move was economy, the team wanting to fill the club level, and getting tickets back from the brokers. Snyder doesn't want what happened at the steelers game happen again. Right or wrong Snyder is a fan of the Redskins.

Matt

Can someone break this whole process down in laymen's terms for me? I've been a Skins fan my entire life, but only in the last couple years when I lived on the east coast was I finally able to make it to a few games live. I put my name on the "seven year waiting list" but have received multiple calls trying to sell me season tickets for in the ballpark of around $2K/seat. These calls are from a resell broker, correct? Because every Skins game I've been to, I've been able to scoop up tickets 10-15 rows back for about $200/ticket - why would I want to spend $2K on 8 home games ($250/ticket) for worse seats? The whole process left me confused...

The process is complicated and mysterious. No one knows all there is to know about "the list". You were almost definitely being offered premium seats of some sort (TD club, club seats, tailgate club, dream seats, loge seats, etc) which accounts for skipping the line for general admission seats and the higher price tag. You were essentially being offered an chance to buy your way to the front of the line if it was TD club. However there have been some oddities in the policy as of late, and it is my OPINION that they have been offering certain seating packages to new and existing buyers rather than just doing upgrades like they are supposed to. Again, no one knows for sure.

Their statement is false to say the least.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/09/01/AR2009090103984_pf.html

Greenberg thought he had an enforceable contract, and he hired attorney Jack Garson of Rockville, who reached a settlement with the team this year that allowed ASC to buy about 150 season tickets (to two preseason and eight regular season games, for a total of 1,500 tickets). The contracts with ASC were stamped with the signature of Mitch Gershman, the club's chief operating officer. But Gershman said he was unaware of the contracts until they turned up in the audit. "I did not personally sign any of those agreements," he said.

Looks like they had to honor the contracts contrary to his statement.

The process is complicated and mysterious. No one knows all there is to know about "the list". You were almost definitely being offered premium seats of some sort (TD club, club seats, tailgate club, dream seats, loge seats, etc) which accounts for skipping the line for general admission seats and the higher price tag. You were essentially being offered an chance to buy your way to the front of the line if it was TD club. However there have been some oddities in the policy as of late, and it is my OPINION that they have been offering certain seating packages to new and existing buyers rather than just doing upgrades like they are supposed to. Again, no one knows for sure.

Thanks Bury - so if and when I'm offered regular season tickets, what are the typical price tags?

Moderators on this board have recommended that people seeking tickets go to ASC tickets to buy them -- not stubhub. Is this because the team wanted to keep up the demand on ASC's tickets, so that ASC would continue its arrangement with the team? So rather than get a ticket at $47 directly from the team, people like me remain on the waiting list and instead pay ASC big bucks for the same ticket?

I think the moderators need to explain this.

Don't buy any of this BS either. I can easily say "I told you so" a few years back, but that does the fans who have been screwed over the years no good.

I see StubHub is still a proud sponser of the Washington Redskins - quid pro quo.:D

Very disappointed in this organization.

bingo!!!

The skins are worried now because now we have radio stations that want to talk the truth instead of trying to force the message.

Nothing postive has happened since Danny has taken over.

I was very interested in the Post's chart and segment regarding Redskin lawsuits against fans who did not or could not afford their seats/suites anymore. I'm very upset that those fans who lost the lawsuits and were ordered to pay the balance in full, did not get their tickets back, but instead teh team apparently resold those same tickets. Seems to me that when the Skins resold those seats, especially after being awarded the judgment, that tehir action should have negated teh judgment. How nice that the Skins can have their cake and ice cream all at the same time.

Moderators on this board have recommended that people seeking tickets go to ASC tickets to buy them -- not stubhub. Is this because the team wanted to keep up the demand on ASC's tickets, so that ASC would continue its arrangement with the team? So rather than get a ticket at $47 directly from the team, people like me remain on the waiting list and instead pay ASC big bucks for the same ticket?

Where did the Mods do this?

Where did the Mods do this?

They had, thinking of one or two mods in particular, said that ASC was a very reliable place to get tickets. I don't think it was an endorsement of ASC or anything like that. They were just telling it like it was.

Also, the mods are not employees of the Redskins and I'm certain that they don't work for the ticket office. Any advice they give is just that, friendly advice.

lol

:wtf:

If anybody on staff (like me for example) ever recommended anything, anywhere, it was because and only because it was the best deal available.

Some of you are confused. Nobody sells anything to stubhub. Stubhub is a middle man site. Stubhub brings buyers and sellers together via their ticket software. Stubhub also broadcasts the ticket network and displays those tickets on its site as if the network tickets were their own tickets. Stubhub consists of a ticket network server and a few people answering phones. That's it. They don't buy tickets. They don't sell tickets. They don't ship tickets. They have a grand total of zero tickets in stock.

ASCTicket (singular, not plural as reported in the paper) sells actual tickets they have in hand. They actually stock tickets. There is no middleman, which means there is no middle man fee. That is why you can get better deals on ASC if you look.

Same with Stagefront. They have tickets in hand.

I was very interested in the Post's chart and segment regarding Redskin lawsuits against fans who did not or could not afford their seats/suites anymore. I'm very upset that those fans who lost the lawsuits and were ordered to pay the balance in full, did not get their tickets back, but instead teh team apparently resold those same tickets. Seems to me that when the Skins resold those seats, especially after being awarded the judgment, that tehir action should have negated teh judgment. How nice that the Skins can have their cake and ice cream all at the same time.
Well, since the club hasn't been sold out since 2006, that's not entirely accurate. The team might resell specific tickets, but they're still minus a club seat account holder for every one that defaults.

I always love the "mods are in Snyder's pocket" conspiracy theory.

It brings plenty of laughs no matter what type of day I've had.

The comment about the broker that was mentioned on this site was brought up on the radio tonight. Synder is no dummy, he bought the radio station to move the skins so they could dictate the communications by the organization. They skins did acquire this site, so if they house the data and servers then yes maybe the would look into putting their voice in the site.

I hope this site was not bought off by Synder, but now I am not sure. What I do know is some of the original brains behind the site are no longer around for whatever reason, and that is sad.

Regardless today is not a good day to be a fan of the redskins.

It's rather curious that anyone tied to the board had mentioned ASC before.

Why? Because the mods know the best way to get tickets at the lowest price? Because they know the ins and outs of the stadium and parking and all of the rules and guidelines inside the stadium?

Perhaps it's because the mods have been going to games for dozens and dozens of years and know pretty much everything as it pertains to the Redskins? Maybe?

Now, as it pertains to the OP article. It's Snyder's fault. Blame shift all you want. This is Snyder's team to run. It's Snyder's job to put competent people in the proper places. He may not have hired all of the people in the ticket office, but guess what? I bet he hired the guy who did.

I know the ins and outs of the stadium and have been going to games for decades. I never heard of ASC before today but, then again, I don't work for their supplier.

I have heard of ASC. They have halfway decent prices for tickets. A hell of a lot better than StubHub, which as you might also guess, has been endorsed by the Redskins.

Now, as a non-season ticket holding fan, I don't have the luxury of having a ticket to every game. I have to do whatever I can to get into the games. As you could imagine, price has a lot to do with my decision. ASC has some pretty good prices all things considered.

You can't fault a mod for pointing out the obvious.

I couldn't get a parking pass for this year, so for the first game i ordered a green one from them. I got it already. It only ran about 5.00 more (I got it for 40.00). Ticket prices did not look that bad. Stubhub are jacked up because they take 15% so if someone wants to at least make face off of like a 90.00 ticket they need to sell it for 100+.

I couldn't get a parking pass for this year, so for the first game i ordered a green one from them. I got it already. It only ran about 5.00 more (I got it for 40.00). Ticket prices did not look that bad. Stubhub are jacked up because they take 15% so if someone wants to at least make face off of like a 90.00 ticket they need to sell it for 100+.
Stubhub takes 25% combined from buyer and seller, usually without any human intervention.
Let's do the math: Snyder owns this site. Snyder does what he can to control news releases. If you really think the mods are asked to say one thing or another then you're naive. Deny it all they want. It's rather curious that anyone tied to the board had mentioned ASC before.
:doh:

Let's look at the tix in section 215 row 4 on ascticket.com:

http://tickets.ascticket.com/LiveTicketDetail.asp?EventID=789212

$95 each. That's $14 below face per ticket. Service charge is 3%, but free if you pick up and pay cash. You pay $190 cash and you walk out with two tickets with a face value of $217.80 for opening day against the rams. The fact that the seats have great sightlines and are perfectly under cover with no sight limitations is just a bonus.

Let's look at the same tickets on stubhub.

http://www.stubhub.com/washington-redskins-tickets/?ticket_id=205340824

The listing claims $101, but the service fee is $10 for each ticket, plus another $13 for shipping. And these are the same tickets. They are not just similar tickets, they are the same physical tickets.

So, I would recommend ascticket.com for this particular purchase. Shoot me.

Archived