Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Who would you like to see in a Quentin Tarantino movie?

Springfield

(All credit to this thread idea given to Mondizzle)

So Mondizzle and myself were talking just now and she said, "I have a very random thread idea. Who would you want to see in a Tarantino movie?"

Look at what he has done with his actors in the past. Michael Madsen and Harvey Keitel in Reservoir Dogs. Pulp Fiction... John Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson and Uma Thurman. In Kill Bill he made great characters out of Uma Thurman again, Michael Madsen again and David Carradine. Kurt Russel in Grindhouse, quite entertaining. Tarantino's latest movie, starred Brad Pitt, but also made great actors out of Christoph Waltz (who heard of him before now) and Melanie Laurent.

So... who would you all want to see in a Tarantino film?

I loved that he put Brad Pitt in a movie, I've wanted to see Brad Pitt the bad ass ever since Fight Club. Now, Pitt has done it.

My choice would be, on the male side, would be Leonardo DiCaprio, Matt Damon or Daniel Day-Lewis. On the female side, one person sticks out... Jennifer Aniston. Quentin Tarantino could really make something good out of Jennifer Aniston.

Pitt wasn't a badass in the same sense in Inglourious Basterds as he was in Fight Club. That said, it was good to see.

I think DiCaprio or Day-Lewis are great pics. Not sure about Damon, but I'd like to watch.

I think I'd go with Clooney, for some strange reason. Just looking at my DVD's that I have piled up on my desk and I saw Boondock Saints, so Willem Dafoe comes to mind. Perhaps Liam Neeson. Haha, the guy that played Brick Top in Snatch, too.

Paul Rudd

Jim Carey

Sean Connery (he would be bad***)

Sean Connery would be awesome. He could be better than Connery as Bond. My favorite Connery role was probably in Instinct. He can be a total bad ass.

I don't know about Paul Rudd, maybe for comic relief. Very interesting.

Jim Carey could be good. He has great acting chops.

I like Connery the best though.

Pitt wasn't a badass in the same sense in Inglourious Basterds as he was in Fight Club. That said, it was good to see.

I think DiCaprio or Day-Lewis are great pics. Not sure about Damon, but I'd like to watch.

I think I'd go with Clooney, for some strange reason. Just looking at my DVD's that I have piled up on my desk and I saw Boondock Saints, so Willem Dafoe comes to mind. Perhaps Liam Neeson. Haha, the guy that played Brick Top in Snatch, too.

Think Damon from Good Will Hunting or The Departed, not the Bourne Identity. He can be a good actor.

Mondizzle thinks that Willem Dafoe is very reminiscent of Harvey Keitel. They are fairly close in comparison. I like Liam Neeson though. He could be great.

The Jim Carrey mention brings up another though. Adam Sandler. Think Reign O'er Me or perhaps Click. Adam Sandler could be great in a serious role with Quentin Tarantino directing him.

A Texas college football/murder film starring,

Matthew McConaughey (Head Coach)

Kate Beckinsale (Coach's wife, having an affair)

Damian Lewis (Shady Sheriff)

Christina Milian (Head Cheerleader, Qb's Girl)

Paul Walker (QB)

Dule Hill (All Purpose Athlete)

Featuring the band

Storyville

With cameo appearances by

Tommy Lee Jones (Texas Ranger)

Burt Reynolds (Professor)

John Madden (As Himself)

Uma Thurman (as The Bride)

A Texas college football/murder film starring,

Matthew McConaughey

Kate Beckinsale

Damian Lewis

Christina Milian

Paul Walker

Featuring the band

Storyville

With cameo appearances by

Tommy Lee Jones

Burt Reynolds

John Madden

Uma Thurman (as The Bride)

Add Kathy Ireland as the placekicker and Manu Manu the Slender as center.

I actually thought it was well thought out and a decent cast. I doubt Tarantino would have a cast so large though. It could possibly be pulled off.

I thought it was a good idea, too, I was just kidding. I should have added a smiley or something ;)

Why couldn't he have a cast that large?

It'd be interesting to see him try to pull off something sports related.

Add Kathy Ireland as the placekicker and Manu Manu the Slender as center.

Cameo appearance by Joe (The Slender) Salave'a. ;)

I called him Salave'a The Slender, after Manu Manu when I watched games at our fanclub. It caught on with some people.

(I'll edit my original post with characters.)

• 8 months later...

I'm waiting for him to do a real sexploitation film - like a Girls in Prison epic.

Obviously, he needs to bring in Sybil Danning for a few scenes as the warden. After that, Madsen would seem to be the obvious choice for the sadistic prison guard. Though I think James Russo could have fun with that if you skewed younger.

You would almost need to go with unknowns for the inmates, but I think Jennifer Lopez could change her image completely if she was somehow involved.

I still remember Rodney Dangerfield in Natural Born Killers- I wonder if Tarantino had him in mind when he wrote the part.

The actors I'd like to see do a Tarantino film are Christian Slater and Joaquin Phoenix

I still remember Rodney Dangerfield in Natural Born Killers- I wonder if Tarantino had him in mind when he wrote the part.

The actors I'd like to see do a Tarantino film are Christian Slater and Joaquin Phoenix

If NBK counts, then Christian Slater was in True Romance, which QT wrote.

And Rodney Dangerfield I mean, wow. So creepy. Amazing in that movie.

Archived