Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you could have any coach, who would you take?

Rexrode21

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

common guys, Norv is obviously the best and we needz him back !!!!!111

There should be a bizarro world thread, with the title reading "If you could have any coach, who would be the last person you would take?"

While Norv and Superior would get ample votes, I would vote Rich Kotite. He was god awful for the Eagles. And especially the Jets.

The ONE COACH other than Daddy Gibbs that I wanted, we've already had. Marty Schottenheimer is, in my estimation, a HOF caliber coach who never got the ring, but built a Super Bowl Contender in every single one of his stops (excluding DC, 'cause our idiot owner ran him off for the ball coach--don't even get me started!). Here's irony for ya; if Coach Schott had been given 4 seasons in DC, does any serious observer of the NFL doubt we'd have been in legitimate super bowl contention this decade?

I ALWAYS bring his name up when the discussion is worst NFL HC.

THE worst. How he got hired by the Jets after his stint with the Eagles I will never know.

Some classics from the Kotite era...

Going for two at a stupid time when the Eagles were down by 11. The 2 point conversion failed, the Eagles lost the game, and Kotite blamed the poor choice on the weather, saying that the rain on his chart made him missread his sheet which indicated when to go for 2, and when not to.

On 3rd and 15 the Eagles made 14 yards, bringing up a 4th and 1. But the D was offsides, resulting in what should have been a 3rd and 10. But Kotite declined the penalty then DID NOT go for it. He punted on 4th down, at the 40.

And my favorite...

During two seasons with the Jets when his teams won a sum of 4 games, Kotite described his defense as "swarming" in post game interviews.

The ONE COACH other than Daddy Gibbs that I wanted, we've already had. Marty Schottenheimer is, in my estimation, a HOF caliber coach who never got the ring, but built a Super Bowl Contender in every single one of his stops (excluding DC, 'cause our idiot owner ran him off for the ball coach--don't even get me started!). Here's irony for ya; if Coach Schott had been given 4 seasons in DC, does any serious observer of the NFL doubt we'd have been in legitimate super bowl contention this decade?

Schottenheimer would have won consistently had he stayed here. He went 8-8 (8-3 over the last 11 games) with Tony Banks at QB and few weapons in the receiving game. If memory serves me, we only picked up Banks after camp started. And we beat Denver in Denver with Kent Graham at QB after Banks had been knocked out of the game. That team wasn't flashy to be sure, but it was a hard hitting, tough team on the rise.

Archived