Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

If you think "fine" in the context of a preseason game using your 4th string QB and primarily nothing but back ups and camp fodder is the same as "fine" in the context of a regular season game with a full roster of starters on the field, then...well, all my assumptions about you are true lol :cool:.

To say it was a meaningless fourth preseason game is exactly right. I agree 100%.

To say we were ever competitive, or we came to play, or you ever want to see us get dominated for 3 quarters....is less than fine.

That game was painful to watch, with few bright spots.

Marko was big, Suisham hit a long one, JC had some good passes, and Colt and Chase looked pretty good.

The rest? meh

We just differ on what we call fine. I personally never want to see us get dominated like that again.

We just differ on what we call fine. I personally never want to see us get dominated like that again.

Most of the folks you saw a long time tonight won't be on the roster next week...but you knew that.

Hey, I've got an idea....why don't you put together a list of the guys you think will get cut, and we'll look at how much playing time they had tonight.

What do you say?

Bruce Smith is far removed from this franchise to be considered bias. He was there when the **** hit the fan and still has nothing but good things to say of Dan Synder.It speaks volume to me.

You'd have good things to say too if someone paid you top dollar for several years after everyone else knew you were finished.

Most of the folks you saw a long time tonight won't be on the roster next week...but you knew that.

Hey, I've got an idea....why don't you put together a list of the guys you think will get cut, and we'll look at how much playing time they had tonight.

What do you say?

Sure tr1, I'll get right on that. Is double-spaced, on your desk by tomorrow morning okay?:hysterical:

Our depth got dominated.

Our starting offensive line couldn't block for any running backs.

If you think our backups getting dominated is fine....then we were fine.

And please, leave the keys.:)

Edited by McD5

When can fans meet the owner? You can't. He makes security clear the road at training camp so his driver can get hin out. The same is not done for his players. The guy sucks as a person, as a business man, and as a owner. Eff him.

What does fans have to do with this ?

This is about the players.

And if the players are happy to return to a Snyder team, then the fans should be happy, as well.

Ya know, I'm gonna make an analogy here that I don't know if it is appropriate or not, but when I was took two classes on investing this summer, the guy said to us. You need to look at three things in the business

1. Management that has been successful in the past. (lol at Synder's football success)

2. Companies in which you have personal knowledge (do we ever know what this team will do?

3. Business that is promising, but not too popular (well I suppose this is up for debate)

He used the metaphor that if you were buying stocks in sports teams, you would always want to buy the Patriots, Red Wings, Yankees, and Red Sox, because they are all well run organizations with great management and it shows.

Buying stocks in business is the same way. Skins wouldn't get one dime from me.

I follow what your overall point is, but sure, you're talking about buying the biggest and safest picks in recent years. That's not a surprise.

Of course the Skins aren't going to mentioned with the Patriots or Steelers. But the vast majority of teams in those leagues aren't mentioned in the same breath as your listed teams either. Doesn't mean the Skins are bad, or in this case, "bad investments," but maybe a team to watch. I'm sure the Patriots would have been a hot commodity when Pete Carroll was their coach for 3 years, or going into Belichick's first year there, before the Patriots were really "the Patriots."

That analogy is really just more of hindsight being 20/20 on elite organizations as if they were always automatically that great.

Sure tr1, I'll get right on that. Is double-spaced, on your desk by tomorrow morning okay?:hysterical:

Our depth got dominated.

Our starting offensive line couldn't block for any running backs.

If you think our backups getting dominated is fine....then we were fine.

And please, leave the keys.:)

Our 'depth' was playing the Jags first team. It was obvious to anyone who follows the Skins. And, it was mentioned by the announcers repeatedly.

Again, you knew that. You're on a mission.

Keep pluggin' away.

:rotflmao:

BTW, I knew you wouldn't take me up on my suggestion. It would be impossible for you to continue this kind of thinking if you had.

Predictable.

That analogy is really just more of hindsight being 20/20 on elite organizations as if they were always automatically that great.

Ya know, I did realize this because if the same guy was giving this speech in the 80's the skins would have to #1. But its really just meant to point out the bad management.

I dunno, I had a few tonight. :D

I had a volleyball game with a bunch of friends tonight that I went to after halftime, and now I'm quite upset that I missed the last quarter.

Also a question: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/gamecenter/live/NFL_20090903_WAS@JAC

I don't know if they'll change it, but here's what currently listed at cbssport as the scoring of the final quarter for our game:

4th Quarter

(JAX) -FG Josh Scobee 42 Yd, 14:15. Drive: 8 plays, 40 yards in 4:47.

(WAS)-TD Dominique Dorsey, 3 Yd run (Dave Rayner kick is good), 9:26. Drive: 10 plays, 87 yards in 4:49.

(WAS)-TD Todd Yoder, 4 Yd pass from Chase Daniel , 0:48. Drive: 8 plays, 63 yards in 1:06.

(WAS)-TD Marko Mitchell, 4 Yd pass from Chase Daniel (Dave Rayner kick is good), 0:48. Drive: 8 plays, 63 yards in 1:06.

So.....how did Chase manage to throw a TD to BOTH Todd Yoder and Marko Mitchell at the same time? And since that adds up to 21 points for us, but we only scored 17....

It was called a TD to Yoder, but it was reviewed and overturned.

So we went for it on 4th down, and Chase hit Marko Mitchell in the endzone for the TD.

Thanks, Foxsports.com had the review listed in their play-by-play, but CBS didn't list that it was reviewed/overturned in theirs, instead they had :

3-4-JAC4(:57) C.Daniel pass short middle to T.Yoder for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

4-4-JAC4(:53) C.Daniel pass short left to M.Mitchell for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

:wtf:

Which, needless to say, left me incredibly confused about what had happened

Edited by GhostofSparta

Thanks, Foxsports.com had the review listed in their play-by-play, but CBS didn't list that it was reviewed/overturned in theirs, instead they had :

3-4-JAC4(:57) C.Daniel pass short middle to T.Yoder for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

4-4-JAC4(:53) C.Daniel pass short left to M.Mitchell for 4 yards, TOUCHDOWN.

:wtf:

Which, needless to say, left me incredibly confused about what had happened

That's why we want Chase over Brennan. Brennan can throw TD's, but can he throw TWO TD'S IN ONE DRIVE???