Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

I know there are several insiders on here, and please forgive me if this has been discussed and I missed it, does anyone know what this stuff from Skip Bayless is about an insider saying RG3 requesting he doesn't want to run the pistol. I know Griff's dad has been outspoken about it but does this have any truth to it or is it Skip just being Skip trying to stir the pot?

Please I don't want just people slamming Skip, or myself for asking, I really am wanting to know if this has any weight.

Edited by WFC

I know there are several insiders on here, and please forgive me if this has been discussed and I missed it, does anyone know what this stuff from Skip Bayless is about an insider saying RG3 requesting he doesn't want to run the pistol. I know Griff's dad has been outspoken about it but does this have any truth to it or is it Skip just being Skip trying to stir the pot?

Please I don't want just people slamming Skip, or myself for asking, I really am wanting to know if this has any weight.

I saw Skip say that today too. Skip also said RG3 said he sees himself as a Peyton Manning type of QB. If RG3 said that, then he clearly puts himself above the team. How are you gonna try to change the offense and dictate to coaches what you will and won't do in mid-season? I reluctantly agree with Stephen A. Smith when he says "RG3 is feelin' himself."

So if RG3 is being a diva and holding the offense's progress hostage based on what he believes is best for his "career" and "legacy," then I guess we'll be seeing him throw 50x a game for the rest of the year. No more 20 pass games for RG3. Expect lots of picks this season.

Edited by sockruhtese

I saw Skip say that today too. Skip also said RG3 said he sees himself as a Peyton Manning type of QB. If RG3 said that, then he clearly puts himself above the team. How are you gonna try to change the offense and dictate to coaches what you will and won't do in mid-season? I reluctantly agree with Stephen A. Smith when he says "RG3 is feelin' himself."

So if RG3 is being a diva and holding the offense's progress hostage based on what he believes is best for his "career" and "legacy," then I guess we'll be seeing him throw 50x a game for the rest of the year. No more 20 pass games for RG3. Expect lots of picks this season.

You kinda took the crap Skip Bayless was making up and decided to expand on it, make more stuff up, and double down on the stupidity. Well done.

• Like 1

Hey. I have a demand. :)

Let's make sure simple English words in thread titles have been spelled correctly. It's funny when a misspelled word is a rarity, but it's increasingly frequent (I suspect mobile devices and autocorrect is some of it). So the front page, week to week lately, is starting to suggest we have quite the illiterate contingent.  :P

Let's fix that.  B)

juswhachumeeninthar? :lol:

Hey thank you for the help I didn't find anything there discussing the Skip thing but I think I found a little bit about it somewhere else. I am just going to assume, which is very dangerous lol, that it must be total hogwash as I haven't seen too much discussed about it. Thanks again for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Sooo, I'm picking up an order at Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen.  Wearing a Redskins shirt, of course, duh!  I have to wait a few, so I sit at the bar, and this smokin' hot bartender gives me a fist-bump, we "Go Skins" & all that, then he tells me he's Monte Coleman's son.  His name is Corey, (don't know if he might spell it differently), but whatevs.  I've lost my mind, we're passing each other's phones back & forth with pictures, and I think he's legit.  Other employees were joining in, so it seemed like they knew who he was.

He knew absolutely nothing about this site.  I think he'll be joining.  I asked if I could post that I met him & where, & he said yeah...I know...pics or it didn't happen, but the man was at work.

It was the Jimmy Carter Blvd. location, btw.  We love that place... Awesome food!

Looking at the schedule recently, I"m actually shocked that I'm actually having a positive view for potentially salvaging this season. It won't be easy, and it requires us to start playing a higher level.....but I think if we can get back to playing at anywhere close to what we were at the end of last season we'll have a shot.

Realistically, let's keep looking at things in quarters of a season. We put ourselves behind the 8 ball going 1-3 in the first quarter.

Second Quarter

At Dallas / Bears / At Denver/ Chargers

This is probably our most difficult quarter. The Denver game is almost certainly a loss. The Bears are looking stout. The Chargers and Dallas are going to be tough, but potentially winnable, games. We need to go 2-2 in this quarter.

Third Quarter

At Vikings / At Eagles / 49ers / Giants

We HAVE to go 3-1 in this quarter. This is our best chance to make up ground for our 1-3 start. The Vikings, Eagles, and Giants are all winnable games and the 49ers are similar to the bears where it'll be difficult but an outside shot at being winnable.

Fourth Quarter

Chiefs / At Falcons / Cowboys / At Giants

And here's where it'll get interesting. If we manage to go 2-2 and then 3-1 in the previous two quarters, we wind up sitting at 6-6 and in the running for the division.

The Chiefs, obviously, is going to be a difficult game if they keep up as they've been doing. The Falcons, with White and Jone's injuries, should be FAR less scary than it was earlier in the year and definitely a winnable contest. The "Trap game" here to me is AT the giants at the end of the year, where they're playing spoiler.

If we go 2-2, we have an mild shot at the playoffs with how the NFC east has been. But if we go 3-1 in this stretch, I think we definitely get into the playoffs.

Now, if we keep playing like we have the first four games, it doesn't matter because there's no way we go at least 7 and 5 in our final 12. But if we can put things together even 80% of our peak last year, I think this may actually have an outside chance of being doable.

When people talk about firing Mike Shanahan do they not see how he has drafted very well for us since taking over?

Trent Williams Franchise LT
Perry Riley 38 tackles on the year already, taking over for Fletcher soon

Ryan Kerrigan my 2nd favorite Redskin, Probowl beast
Jarvis Jenkins think he is going to have a good career for us
Leonard Hankerson my favorite Redskin. Keeps improving
Roy Helu leading candidate for come back player of the year

Robert Griffin III won us the NFC East in his 1st season
Kirk Cousins great backup could be trade bait
Alfred Morris NFL's second leading rusher yards and TD's last year

The whole 2013 draft is too early to tell how he did.

Or do they not understand that Mike Shanahan runs the offense a certain way and if he goes we could see guys like Alfred Morris have his production hurt badly?

Or have they forgot how much of a circus this team was during the years Gibbs and Mike were not here? Do they want to revisit that?

I know I'm in the small minority but the idea of losing Mike Shanahan this upcoming off season to me sounds like a really really bad idea and don't understand why people would want to do that

• Like 1

When people talk about firing Mike Shanahan do they not see how he has drafted very well for us since taking over?

Trent Williams Franchise LT

Perry Riley 38 tackles on the year already, taking over for Fletcher soon

Ryan Kerrigan my 2nd favorite Redskin, Probowl beast

Jarvis Jenkins think he is going to have a good career for us

Leonard Hankerson my favorite Redskin. Keeps improving

Roy Helu leading candidate for come back player of the year

Robert Griffin III won us the NFC East in his 1st season

Kirk Cousins great backup could be trade bait

Alfred Morris NFL's second leading rusher yards and TD's last year

The whole 2013 draft is too early to tell how he did.

Or do they not understand that Mike Shanahan runs the offense a certain way and if he goes we could see guys like Alfred Morris have his production hurt badly?

Or have they forgot how much of a circus this team was during the years Gibbs and Mike were not here? Do they want to revisit that?

I know I'm in the small minority but the idea of losing Mike Shanahan this upcoming off season to me sounds like a really really bad idea and don't understand why people would want to do that

I havent heard really anything about The Shanney getting fired. It would be a massive mistake imo. Now If hasslett doesnt get this defense turned around by season's end, and isnt fired I will be one sick puppy.

I used to live in Ipswich, England 20 plus years ago. The city had an American football team called the Ipswich cardinals. I was told back then that the team was owned by John Riggins. Can anyone clarify that for me?

I really enjoy reading the threads started by guys like kdawg, dc9 and LL. Most of our slower community members must come into those threads, furl their brows, mumble to themselves and walk away and the conversations stay pretty intelligent, without the dead horse miss information beatings.

Also, when a thread is started with "guys", I know to stay away.

• 2 weeks later...