Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Not quite random, but I was wondering about our roster moves this week. I know we put Rinehart and Betts on IR. I know we signed Mason and that QB Bartel. But I thought I heard someone else went on IR. Who was it? And if someone else did, did we sign a replacement yet?

Not quite random, but I was wondering about our roster moves this week. I know we put Rinehart and Betts on IR. I know we signed Mason and that QB Bartel. But I thought I heard someone else went on IR. Who was it? And if someone else did, did we sign a replacement yet?

We put FB Eddie Williams on IR w/ a broken fibula, and as far as I know, that roster spot went to a G from the Eagles practice squad, but the name escapes me right now.

We put FB Eddie Williams on IR w/ a broken fibula, and as far as I know, that roster spot went to a G from the Eagles practice squad, but the name escapes me right now.

did that happen in practice cause I didn't even know he'd suited up for a game?

did that happen in practice cause I didn't even know he'd suited up for a game?

Yes, he broke it in practice.

http://ownersedge.fanball.com/nfl/news.php?tqid=8508&type=news&nid=68699

The Redskins re-signed Marcus Mason to add depth at running back and signed offensive lineman Paul Fanaika off the Philadelphia Eagles practice squad, the team announced on Monday.

The roster moves coincided with the Redskins placing Ladell Betts, Chad Rinehart and Eddie Williams on injured reserve.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Re_sign_Mason__Add_Fanaika_to_Roster_83517.jsp

• 2 weeks later...

I have been one of the largest critics of Campbell, but he has stepped up his play the last three weeks. One of the main reasons, I think we are playing harder because this team has now been forced to use its reserves. Watching how Betts, Cartwright, Ganther, and Mason have played in Portis's absence has made me realize he is a cancer to the team. His anti-practice and anti-team mind need to go. I am hoping Snyder has watched his reserves come in and play their butts off. The rb's have been solid and have helped us be in a position to win. The line has allowed very few sacks and opened up wholes for their reserves. Sellers actually enjoys blocking for his new RB's. Thomas and Davis have been spectacular play makers.

My point is Snyder is seeing first hand that we don't need the highest paid superstars out there. What we need is a good core of players who do not come here to make this their last and largest pay check. Let's use next year as an opportunity to get rid of the cancer's on the team and not be the free agency superbowl champions. We are going to luck out because we are not going to take cap hits next years with anyone we want to cut. I vote for a pure focus on the O-line and some DB's who can cover receivers.

Anyone else think Portis is a CANCER?

Another one of these threads, huh? Sometimes this board is just rinse, lather, repeat.

As for portis, while I do think if it's an uncapped year he does need to go, I think it's because we need a youth movement. Portis is near the end of the line for rbs, and I think his ineffectiveness is more due to the wear and tear he got by being overused as the rock of the franchise for the last 5 years. That dude has put it all on the line for mediocre skins teams year in and year out, and I think it's extremely unfair to bash a guy who has given his all for this team. He deserves better.

another one of these threads, huh? Sometimes this board is just rinse, lather, repeat.

As for portis, while i do think if it's an uncapped year he does need to go, i think it's because we need a youth movement. Portis is near the end of the line for rbs, and i think his ineffectiveness is more due to the wear and tear he got by being overused as the rock of the franchise for the last 5 years. That dude has put it all on the line for mediocre skins teams year in and year out, and i think it's extremely unfair to bash a guy who has given his all for this team. He deserves better.

qft!

He has played well enough for me to stop calling him "candle"

BUt for me, it is about what he will do the next 3 games. giants, cowboy and the chargers. if he plays well in those 3 games, i'm all for bringing campbell back next yr. but if he goes back to playing avg, no point of bringing him back. he has lot of issues being a GOOD QB in the league and i labeled him as one of the worst starting QB in the league. but for the past 3 games or so, he has def played better and if he contiues to do so rest of the season, it will show me one thing that will be OK with him being back next yr. COnsistency. It seems that campbell has a good game like 3very 20 games or so.

As for portis, if we are judging him bsaed on only this season, then yeah, he should go cause he had nothing in him. but the fact is, if anyone deserves another chance, it would be portis because he proved himself in the past that he can get it done and has been the only consistent player for us minus this yr. we know what portis is capable of , hence bring him him back and see if he still has it or not.

I think Campbell and the team in general has been playing much better. I would like to see Campbell brought back next season if nothing else but for depth purposes. The next three games will spell Campbell's future with the Skins next season. Two games against division rivals battling for playoff position and another against a playoff bound Chargers team. If he plays at the level he has been playing recently or better he must be brought back. Portis should be brought back for one more year, let him get healthy, let the line get to rebuilding ( hopefully) and see what he has left.

Edited by Braxford

Everything should definitely be an eye opener for Snyder. Candle has been on lightin' it up lately. That name can be a positive metaphor also as our line sparked Candle causing the O to shine with the fire that the Candle emits.

I do agree that JC needs to show consistency throughout the rest of the season.

Anyone ready for next season already?