Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

Anybody having any issues watching anything on gamepass?  I started the trial, then went to test out the player with an older game.  I have an endless loop where I click "launch player", select "watch" on the game I want.  Problem is, it doesn't launch the player, it just takes me back to the "launch player" screen.  Wtf?

Yeah I had DirecTV for two years down in Florida, and we always knew if it was going to start raining soon because we would lose reception.  Never had a reception problem with cable.

I had Dish Network in Georgia and we had problems once in a while. It wasn't too bad from what I remember, but we didn't get any snow and the rain storms were generally hard and heavy, then gone.

I really don't remember having an issue with the coverage. My issue is with paying $100+ a month for really ***** tv. I'd rather stream it or something.

• Like 1

Yeah I had DirecTV for two years down in Florida, and we always knew if it was going to start raining soon because we would lose reception.  Never had a reception problem with cable.

Yeah DirecTV fans always pretend this never happens.  It's common.

Yeah and they act like it never happens either, I get outages all the damn time. 

Common with those who do not have a precisely aligned dish.  I feel sorry for those who endure that without knowing it can be corrected.  I've also had cable and like others have mentioned during the heaviest snow storms I've seen the 'signal lost' because my cable company was using satellite as their source.

The problem is, the usual techs that DirecTV sends out aren't good enough or willing to spend the time (usually both) to tweak the dish for the best signal on all 5 LNBs to alleviate most instances of rain fade. I know there are some good ones (they post on the DBS, AVS and SS forums all the time), unfortunately none of them live in my area. So, I bought an expensive meter and tweak it and replace parts myself whenever necessary. I understand most people aren't willing to do that. But the result for me is FAR better than the crappy cable in my area!

Now .. Since the NFL has left us out of area fans (who they obviously hate since we can't even watch any of the Redskins shows on sports channels that we PAY for) with no other choice to watch preseason games ... does anyone have any links for tonight's game? I'm coming up with bumpkus (even FrontRow isn't available) ..

• Like 1

Well I bought the NFL.com thing, I have sound but no picture. Picture says game will start soon.

EDIT: Hooray I have picture! It's HD and smooth so far.

It's the Browms broadcast though (I think they do home team on these). At least I have the option to listen to the 'skins broadcast, which is a cool feature I think.

Edited by s0crates

Are any of the streams working? I've just got a screen that says it will start soon, but it's 8

Now I see GB game, not ours. Which stream you watching?

Link 7 gave me the "Live event will start shortly" thing that's still on

UPDATE: Working for me now

Edited by NewCliche21

Can't get rid of the ads though.  Blocking the picture.

Oh wait, figured it out.  Thanks!

That's what I hate about these streams. Click on the wrong thing and you're downloading a virus. I always just look for the tiny, hidden little x's.  (If only the NFL wanted my damn 20 bucks.)

• Like 2

Another problem with all these streams is they use the Adobe Flash Player which is full of security holes. Most browser companies recommend uninstalling Flash because it is an easy vehicle for malware and viruses. I uninstalled it months ago. Others want your credit card number and email address even for a "free" trial. I just don't trust these sites. I checked several of them out earlier because I really wanted to watch the game. But they are all sketchy sites. Damn NFL. They eliminate the Pre-season Live for $20 to force people to buy the GamePass at $100+. It is a huge ripoff for those of us who already have the NFL Sunday Ticket. Why do I want to buy the regular season games that are delayed until after the 4pm games are over when I have the Ticket. The NFL is just a bunch of greedy SOBs.

• Like 3

The cricket streams that smooters posted worked for me without an excessive amount of worry for virii. Still, you have to click on the practically invisible x's and not the big X that is obvious (that will open up a popup for a betting site).  I started with Link 3 (I think) and it got shut down after about a quarter, so I tried Link 6 and it worked fine the rest of the game.

And yeah .. I thought that Flash on websites was supposed to be over about 5 years ago and we were supposed to be almost exclusively HTML5?!  It appears that we are every bit as much reliant on crappy Flash as we ever were on most websites. I think that's why Firefox has gotten so unreliable for me .. it's usually the Flash plugin that locks everything up. Sometimes it even crashes the browser. 

Damn NFL. They eliminate the Pre-season Live for $20 to force people to buy the GamePass at $100+. It is a huge ripoff for those of us who already have the NFL Sunday Ticket. Why do I want to buy the regular season games that are delayed until after the 4pm games are over when I have the Ticket. The NFL is just a bunch of greedy SOBs.

So what is this you are talking about?  I saw pre-season live mentioned somewhere else (this board I think).  What are they offering?  $100 for all preseason games?  I don't get what you are talking about with the delay.  Are you talking about online?  Probably....

*edit* I just checked that other thread and have a better idea now.

Edited by abdcskins

So what is this you are talking about?  I saw pre-season live mentioned somewhere else (this board I think).  What are they offering?  $100 for all preseason games?  I don't get what you are talking about with the delay.  Are you talking about online?  Probably....

*edit* I just checked that other thread and have a better idea now.

The NFL eliminated PreSeason Live and combined it with GamePass. GamePass costs $119, I think. You still get the preseason games live; you also get to watch any regular season game on your phone or tablet after the 4pm Sunday games are over. Essentially, you can watch the games tape delayed. Whoop-De-Doo. IF you get the NFL Network on your satellite or cable, and most do, you can also watch or DVR the whole game on the NFL Network station. IF I have to wait to watch a regular season game till Sunday night, I might as well watch the next day for free on my big screen TV for FREE. And if you have the Sunday Ticket, why waste your money on GamePass? The only advantage is if you video analyze games to death, as a few do, then it would be useful since it also includes the All 22 coaches video view.

Just irritates me that the NFL blacks out my CSN feed for Redskins games that I get on DirecTV and then screws me on the preseason games on top of it.

• Like 2

The NFL eliminated PreSeason Live and combined it with GamePass. GamePass costs $119, I think. You still get the preseason games live; you also get to watch any regular season game on your phone or tablet after the 4pm Sunday games are over. Essentially, you can watch the games tape delayed. Whoop-De-Doo. IF you get the NFL Network on your satellite or cable, and most do, you can also watch or DVR the whole game on the NFL Network station. IF I have to wait to watch a regular season game till Sunday night, I might as well watch the next day for free on my big screen TV for FREE. And if you have the Sunday Ticket, why waste your money on GamePass? The only advantage is if you video analyze games to death, as a few do, then it would be useful since it also includes the All 22 coaches video view.

Just irritates me that the NFL blacks out my CSN feed for Redskins games that I get on DirecTV and then screws me on the preseason games on top of it.

Well, I probably "violate" the terms of agreement, but I use a video capture device and save all of the games to my HTPC for later watching, usually during the long dry spell of offseason. I just feel that I've paid a king's ransom the last 21 years on NFL-ST and DirecTV so I'm going to make it worthwhile, and NO .. I'm not also going to give them another 100 clams to re-watch a game that I already paid for and recorded for my personal use. An HD-PVR will set you back ~$150 and is well worth the price for several years of use.

The blackout rules for pre-game, post-game, local shows like "Redskins Nation," etc are just absurd and seemingly random!  I also pay year round for the sports package so I can get Comcast Sportsnet (or whatever they call it now) and find it absolutely ridiculous and hilariously ironic that they black out the ENTIRE NATION for a show called "Redskins NATION!"  I mean .. what do they show on RN that is so sensitive to the rest of the nation that they have to black it out?!  Usually, it's an in-studio interview of a player or coach. Us out-of-market fans sure do get treated like trash, even when we PAY FOR the "right" to watch those shows. And WHY in the name of all that is holy do they black out the post-game show during preseason, but not during regular season?! NONsensical!

And while I am on the topic of Comcast: Would everyone please drop a line to Comcast and ask them to GET RID OF Qadry Ismail?!  What a CREEPY, ANTI-Redskins jackass he is! I'd much rather have Smoot on those shows even though I can only understand about every tenth word he says!