Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Annual "Where Do I Watch Games Thread"

NewCliche21

Thanks fellas! VIPbox is working best but it is still choppy.

What's up with ESPN 980 dropping the audio stream during the game? Even the Redskins website says "listen to the game live" but for the second week in a row as soon as the game starts 980 dissapears from the ESPN radio app. I have the station "favorited" and it's gone from my list. So frustrating.

I want a little advice from anyone here who can help me out. I live in Western PA near Pittsburgh and I'm right near the cutoff line where they stop showing Eagles vs. Redskins. Instead I have the Lions vs. Packers on my local FOX station. Pretty bummed about it. There are a few local bars with Sunday Ticket that I normally go to, but for tomorrow I have absolutely no one to go with :( haha. Usually I take my wife or a few buddies of mine. however nobody is available tomorrow (missing a Birthday party that my wife is going to).

Anyways I just want some advice or people's opinions on what website is the safest to use. I know none of them are really 100% safe and you have to be careful with popups. I just wanted some insight on what is most used and better than the rest. Let me just state that 2 years ago I used Firstrowsports and I think it gave my laptop a virus. It completely destroyed it and I had to buy a new laptop. I think I probably clicked on a popup by accident and it gutted my hard drive. Last year I had the Sunday Ticket package from buying Madden 25 so I have not used any of these sites since then.

I'm worried to try it again but I really want to watch this game. Is vipbox my best choice? Or is there a better alternative?

Any input would be much appreciated.

• Like 1

What's up with ESPN 980 dropping the audio stream during the game? Even the Redskins website says "listen to the game live" but for the second week in a row as soon as the game starts 980 dissapears from the ESPN radio app. I have the station "favorited" and it's gone from my list. So frustrating.

Again, no 980 stream. Gone from favorites and searching for it results in nada. Why advertise live radio stream on the Redskins website when it doesn't work? Does my ESPN phone app know my location? Geez.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyways I just want some advice or people's opinions on what website is the safest to use. I know none of them are really 100% safe and you have to be careful with popups. I just wanted some insight on what is most used and better than the rest. Let me just state that 2 years ago I used Firstrowsports and I think it gave my laptop a virus. It completely destroyed it and I had to buy a new laptop. I think I probably clicked on a popup by accident and it gutted my hard drive. Last year I had the Sunday Ticket package from buying Madden 25 so I have not used any of these sites since then.

Yeah, I usually use vipbox and that stupid updater dialg box popped up and I hit "no" but then i had problems on that site the entire time.  It was weird.  Then some weirder dialog box popped up from my ISP (or so it says) and I had to check a box to do anything in the browser but nothing appeared to download.  But for whatever reason vipbox seems to be non-functional for me.

I hate that you can't instantly pause/unpause Adblocker anymore, I had previously disabled it when I was looking at SOuthPark (which wants you to view ads.)  Stupid me.  

My AVG protection popped up but I'm downloading AD Aware also.  Computer seems ok, would be disastrous if something went haywire. 

Edited by Ghost of Nibbs McPimpin

i have no idea how anyone would wanna try getting through a whole redskins game with horrible online streams....especially when the team is 1-5. i remember back in my freshman year of college 2 years ago i was at NYIT, and my dorm internet sucked so badly, and my Vulkano software ended up not working at all when i got to college. I went to target across the street from my dorm with my laptop to watch the game against the panthers online at the starbucks area, once the score got to be 21-6, i gave up cause it was just too much and we were about to be 3-6.