Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rumor: Eagles' Bradley out for the season?

jrockster21

I don't wish any harm or pain upon anybody personally. But, for the sake of the Redskins, yes.

Never, ever, EVER hope for an opponent's player to be injured, especially an injury as serious as this one may be. First, the guy is human, and this IS his livelihood. I wouldn't wish any person to be sidelined from what they love for an entire year...nothing cool about that. Second, have enough faith in your team to believe they can win and succeed no matter who's on the other side of the field. The Skins can beat the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys at full strength, that's what every Skins fan should tell themselves. Or at least say you WANT the Skins to beat the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys at full strength.

In addition, there's just the classy aspect of wishing every player in the NFL good health. The game is better when the best players are on the field :yes:...

Never, ever, EVER hope for an opponent's player to be injured, especially an injury as serious as this one may be. First, the guy is human, and this IS his livelihood. I wouldn't wish any person to be sidelined from what they love for an entire year...nothing cool about that. Second, have enough faith in your team to believe they can win and succeed no matter who's on the other side of the field. The Skins can beat the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys at full strength, that's what every Skins fan should tell themselves. Or at least say you WANT the Skins to beat the Eagles, Giants and Cowboys at full strength.

In addition, there's just the classy aspect of wishing every player in the NFL good health.

Alright dude just chill, there was nothing malicious about the post. I tore my ACL and it killed my football season senior year of high school. I know what its like personally and would never wish that upon anybody. I was talking purely from a football standpoint, sorry if I was misunderstood.

The Eagles draft as well as anyone. This is a big blow, but somebody always steps up for them.

I agree with this. It hurts, but I'm sure they have a backup plan.

Having said that, this sucks for the player no matter what the impact is on the team. I wish it was possible to turn off injuries like you used to be able to do in video games.

I'm not so sure about the Eagles "backup plan." They've been struggling to draft decent LBs for the past few years - Stewart seemed to be the first hit they've had in awhile. Gaither is good, but not sure he can play in the middle. Don't know anything about Mays...we'll see what he can do. I wouldn't be surprised to see them busy on the waiver-wire. I think Zach Thomas still needs a team...:silly:

Def never want to see anyone get hurt. Although i thought it sort of funny reading the comments from the first link and eagle fans getting on some people on there for cheering injuries. Didnt the eagles boo Irvin while he was being wheeled off on the stretcher at the Vet? The only injury i can ever remember cheering personally was the lavar hit on aikman. At the time i didnt know it was going to end his career though.

I'm not so sure about the Eagles "backup plan." They've been struggling to draft decent LBs for the past few years - Stewart seemed to be the first hit they've had in awhile. Gaither is good, but not sure he can play in the middle. Don't know anything about Mays...we'll see what he can do. I wouldn't be surprised to see them busy on the waiver-wire. I think Zach Thomas still needs a team...:silly:

LB and backup RB have been positions that Reid has placed very low on the priority list ever since he became head coach.

I do not expect that to change. He will plug in any old LB into his scheme. Bradley was always better suited as a strong side backer, but Reid put him in the middle. He was making strides, but he was far from a lynchpin on that D. No LB is ever a lynchpin on that D, not since Trotter version I, and even he had a very good Carlos Emmons next to him. Gaither will be placed in the middle again, even if his talent is just average at best, and my guess is that he will be the starter.

LB and backup RB have been positions that Reid has placed very low on the priority list ever since he became head coach.

I do not expect that to change. He will plug in any old LB into his scheme. Bradley was always better suited as a strong side backer, but Reid put him in the middle. He was making strides, but he was far from a lynchpin on that D. No LB is ever a lynchpin on that D, not since Trotter version I, and even he had a very good Carlos Emmons next to him. Gaither will be placed in the middle again, even if his talent is just average at best, and my guess is that he will be the starter.

You're downplaying the player Bradley had become/was becoming. He's the best linebacker this team has had since Trotter before he went to Washington. A strong case could be made that he was/is the best defensive player on the team.

You're downplaying the player Bradley had become/was becoming. He's the best linebacker this team has had since Trotter before he went to Washington. A strong case could be made that he was/is the best defensive player on the team.

He's a liability in coverage. More so than Trotter. Bradley was OK, but compare him to a MLB like Fletcher and it isn't even fair. I actually thought Gaither had a better handle on the defensive calls in the middle, but I'm sure you'll kill me for that.

He's a liability in coverage. More so than Trotter. Bradley was OK, but compare him to a MLB like Fletcher and it isn't even fair. I actually thought Gaither had a better handle on the defensive calls in the middle, but I'm sure you'll kill me for that.

I'm not gonna kill you for it, I just disagree immensely. Bradley's worst day was against the Cards in the NFCCG. Before that day, he was getting recognized as a pro-bowl level player. I expected this year to be a coming out party. League scouts already thought very highly of him. I thought the average fan was going to do the same by the end of the year. So much for that.

Word is Joe Mays played with the first string today, not Gaither.

Either the Eagle's D is going to rally around the tragedies this offseason and be ferocious or they are going to be really bad.

Right now, it ain't lookin' too good. It will be odd to play the Eagles and not even worry about their defense.

Archived