Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

America's Game Marathon Thoughts

MonkfortheHall

Anyone that has the NFL Network has probably caught a few episodes over this July 4th weekend. I have to say I am a big fan of the show and watch even regardless of the team. It gives a lot of insight into the season and stories we aren't privy to.

Anyways, watching the show this weekend got me thinking. Let's just say what if, and I do realize it is a BIG what if, our beloved Skins win the Superbowl this year. WHO ARE THE 3 NAMES THAT REPRESENT OUR WINNING TEAM ON AMERICA'S GAME? Please offer your ideas and tell why you think they were chosen.

My picks would be....

Jason Campbell: I feel like he would have overcome a lot of adversity to make it to that level.

Chris Cooley: I just think he is an awesome personality and would be a fun person to listen to.

My first two choices were offensive, so I need a defensive player and I am really struggling with this one, but I choose... Philip Daniels: He is a great leader and would give a unique veteran perspective on the season. I think it will be his last season (I hope not) and could be a great finaly chapter of his career.

What say you?

I've been thinking about this too, It was hard to narrow it down to just 3.

1. Jason Campbell - Jason would have overcame a lot of adversity to get the Redskins here, that's why I see him as the natural pick.

2.Clinton Portis -Clinton is the heart and soul of the Redskins offense.

3. London Fletcher - the captain of the D. He's been over looked so many times by the Pro Bowl voting, but he wouldn't be overlooked here.

4. and maybe Chris Cooley - He is one of the best tightends in the league and a huge part of the passing attack. And not only the on-field aspects, but his personality would make the show attract more. Cooley would only be added on if they wanted to use 4 instead of 3 (I've seen this once or twice)

Smoot, Cooley, Portis and Fletcher.

I would love to see Fletcher win a superbowl with the redskins and Smoot.

I was extremely pissed off when Gibbs left. I thought the redskins were ready to go on a superbowl run with Al Saunders' offense and Todd Collins running the show. I wonder if Gibbs would have had a superbowl run with Todd Collins? I'd expect the same problems that the Oline had to surface and derail the whole thing but I still wonder what might have happened.

Campbell: He's had a interesting history here, and if it culminated in a SB it'd be a great story.

I can't decide between Cooley and Devin Thomas: Cooley would just be awesome. As for Thomas (I'm assuming a SB run would require a big year from Thomas), he'd have a lot to say about the pressure that was on him, the development of himself and the team, working with a QB under pressure.

I really can't decide on defense, but my immediate thought would be Fletcher. He's been the biggest leader on D since he's been here and provides that veteran insight, plus what it feels like to win the SB on a different team nearly 10 years apart. I could also see Haynesworth or Orakpo having interesting takes.

Campbell - Went through a load of adversity to turn our pathetic offense around to end up scoring points.

Fletcher - Always been overlooked, but produces like a machine. He is the heart of the defense and most people know this.

Cooley - Articulate, pro bowl TE. A significant part of our offense and an impact player.

I can also see potentially having Randy Thomas or maybe DeAngelo Hall.

I would hope to God they would not pick Portis. As good as he is, I hate, HATE listening to him talk. He can't complete a sentence without me wondering mid-way through what the Hell he's trying to say. Not good material for NFL films.

Come on people, is there any doubt if the Redskins actually won the Super Bowl this year that little Danny would insist that he be one of the people used to talk about it. :)

In seriousness if this were to happen who I'd probably like to see used is Zorn, Samuels and Fletcher.

-I like hearing the coach's perspective.

-Samuels is the longest tenured Redskin so I'd like to hear his perspective on finally winning.

-Fletcher is the leader of the D and the D would need to be represented but in all truthfullness I probably would prefer to have CP over Fletcher just for entertainment purposes.

As for America's Game, I do think they are well put together and a great series but I really don't watch them unless it's one of those "without the ring" episodes. I always enjoy watching the 1998 loser Vikings choke to the Falcons and see them cry about it.

Most of you are forgetting coach Zorn, what makes the show so great is also the Coaches perspective, it does not matter the coach either because even Bill Belichick was some-what interesting while talking and that's saying something.

I'd go with:

Zorn

Campbell

Fletcher

OR

Zorn

Cooley

Smoot

nice topic.

you'll note that the interviews are usually conducted after the season is completed...i.e., they look for the individuals around whom the drama played out. but I like your idea just the same....

1) Campbell for very obvious reasons -> his storyline is already half written

players 2 & 3...TBD.......:cool2:

2) I would definitely include Snyder.......btw

I would go with Jason, Fletcher and Portis

Then next year when we win back to back superbowls... We have Colt, Santana and Orakpo... You know because Jason will be a hot free agent and sign somewhere else.

Then two years from then when we win our 6th championship. The three will be Tebow, Zorn and Landry! If Landry no shows like a previous post said... Then we go with umm... Kevin Barnes?

So we will have 6 superbowl wins with 6 different QB's, Theisman, Williams, Rypien, Campbell, Brennan and Tebow! No one can dispute this would be AWESOME.

If the NFL was like WWE and was made up storylines. This is pretty much what I would write it as... Maybe Jason wins us a superbowl, Then leaves because we had no faith at the beginning of the year. Becomes a Cowboy and next year in the NFC championship Colt Brennan leads the Redskins into the Cowboys stadium and beats a "heel" Jason Campbell! Ok now you all think I have gone to far and YES I probably have.

:hysterical:This quote made me chuckle...it probably shouldn't have because of how oddly true it is, but it did.

They'd have to film without him and then cut to an empty seat for a few seconds, then back to Portis or Campbell, then back to him when they need to talk about defense.

This happens 19 times throughout the episode.

Campbell, Cooley/Zorn, Fletcher.

Campbell for obvious reasons, they might use Cooley since he is a great interview or maybe Zorn and then the smartest guy on the D, Fletcher.

Outside chance they get Landry/Horton/D Hall- the first two talk about filling Sean's shoes, Hall about being an "outcast" (that's a popular theme in AG)

If nobody on the D wants to do it, they might get stuck with Smoot, which I would love to see simply for the comedic value of trying to figure out what the hell he is saying.

I'm not so sure the NFL picks players for this or vice versa. Reason I say this is that Riggo wasn't in our 1st SB Americas game (why). But my choices would be.

- Big Al - can think of a 100 million reasons why.

- CP - and why not? Our most entertaining guy on and off the field.

- Samuals- Drafted by the skins been through the ( true ) bad years.

But HRNY FOR ZRNY's openion was better...

When are they showing the Philly edition of America's Game?

Oh, that's right.

Hahahahahahahahaha!

If not for Sean's death, that would be my signature.

As for the topic:

Campbell - As everyone has said, he would need a Doug Williams-type story to win over the fanbase and lead us to victory. It's like Billy and Sonny, except the bumper stickers would read, "I Like Jason" and "I Like Anyone Not Jason"

Cooley - Cooley's ability to articulate himself gives him the edge over Portis here. A brilliant draft pick by Gibbs (I'll never get over Parcells telling him that his future is blocking on kick returns if picked up in the sixth round), a role model, a brilliant tight end, and hilarious.

Fletcher - Most underrated player in football, easily.

Archived