Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official BBQ Thread

Capt. Kaos

Sure do. I rub a little yellow mustard in, then do a dry rub. Cook at 250 indirect for 3 hours, then I wrap tight in aluminum foil with some kind of add-in, like honey or maple syrup (though lately I've been on a 1 T of butter kick) and cook for an hour, then unwrap and cook direct for an hour. Maybe mop a little sauce on it the last 15 min or so to get a little char.

Nice. I have never heard of wrapping them and adding honey or maple syrup. I usually hear about wrapping ribs and adding apple juice. Honey sounds really good though.

Nice. I have never heard of wrapping them and adding honey or maple syrup. I usually hear about wrapping ribs and adding apple juice. Honey sounds really good though.

Yep, I've tried the apple juice, nothing at all...whatever strikes me. I was just thinking a little coke might work well also.

Couldnt make it down to the BBQ Fest in DC today so I'm going to have to make do at home.

I'm thinking a couple steaks, some corn on the cob and a few shrimp skewers.

Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.... I'm off to the store for some fresh food and a 6 pack :D

I'm off to the store for some fresh food and a 6 pack :D

AGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

I'm going to have to do the same thing.

The keg blew last night and I drank all of the "emergency" beers that were stashed in the kegerator.

Bottled beer is such a rip-off! :mad:

To keep it OT, we're hitting COSTCO later and I'll be picking up some scallops and salmon. I'll wrap the scallops in prosciutto, skewer them, and drizzle 'em with olive oil, lime juice & cracked pepper.

The salmon will get the cedar plank treatment.

Last night I made some teriyaki pineapple chicken wings. Two hickory smoked beef roasts, and some grilled asparagus.

For dessert, grilled pound cake(a must try), with grilled pineapple, and home made vanilla ice cream.

Today I am to lazy to eat leftovers.:mmm:

The salmon will get the cedar plank treatment.

I love ceder plank salmon. Do you make the black cracked pepper/brown sugar rub and put a generous helping on before you grill it? Thats my favorate way to do ceder plank.

I love ceder plank salmon. Do you make the black cracked pepper/brown sugar rub and put a generous helping on before you grill it? Thats my favorate way to do ceder plank.

Smells like the boardwalk in Ocean City while it's cooking. Try planking ribs. They can stay on the grill much longer then salmon, and really pick up the flavor.

Smells like the boardwalk in Ocean City while it's cooking. Try planking ribs. They can stay on the grill much longer then salmon, and really pick up the flavor.

Ribs do sound good with a heaping of that rub packed in. I keep my salmon on the grill between 11 and 13 minutes. How long would you suggest? How long would you suggest keeping the ribs on the grill? (Both the fish and the ribs would be on a soaked ceder plank)

Last night I made some teriyaki pineapple chicken wings. Two hickory smoked beef roasts, and some grilled asparagus.

For dessert, grilled pound cake(a must try), with grilled pineapple, and home made vanilla ice cream.

Today I am to lazy to eat leftovers.:mmm:

tell me more about this grilled pound cake.....

Last night I BBQ'ed two london broil steaks and made steak sandwiches.

Thin sliced steak, slight maranade and some toasted steak buns made it quite the meal. Add to that some BBQ'ed corn on the cob and it was complete. Just the meal I wanted.

... the steak sandwiches were Mondizzle's idea. She's pretty awesome.

Grill has to be hot enough to get the plank smoking. So about 10 to 15 minutes for salmon. Salmon is usually irregularly shaped, with a thick end, and a thin end. So it pays to be vigilante.

Ribs can stay on the grill much longer. I usually do one hour, brush and turn. One hour, brush and turn. Drizzle a little maple syrup on and turn the heat up to finish for ten or twenty minutes. I know it is only an illusion, but it seems like if I stand next to the grill and drink beer, the food tastes better.

+1. My fiancee makes a great bananna pound cake, i need to know whats up with the grilling technique.

Grill some fruit first. Apples, bananas, pineapple, peaches, nectarines, etc. Slice pound cake(Sara Lee for me) into two inch thick pieces. Drop on low heat grill for about two minutes a side. Put cake on the bottom, fruit in the middle, and a wee bit of ice cream on top. Drizzle a little chocolate sauce, or Baileys, or both. Easy.

Nope...haven't tried that particular rub...but I'm game. Is there a ratio of brown sugar to pepper?

Nope...haven't tried that particular rub...but I'm game. Is there a ratio of brown sugar to pepper?

3 parts brown sugar, 1 part cracked black pepper. it spreads through the rub. Brown suger melts,carmalizes on the fish and locks the cracked black pepper onto the meat. It also compliments the pepper well with mix of hot and sweet.

Archived