Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official BBQ Thread

Capt. Kaos

Anyone that likes Sweet Baby Ray's should never be able to post about BBQ

We are all ears for a better option. I'm always on the look out for new products, recipes, or ideas.

* The ribs and skrimps came out awesome! Didnt make any cornbread this time, had some coleslaw with it and it was fan-freakin-tastic!

Have some b/s chicken breast marinating in Greek Dressing, they will be lunch!

Yeah, smoking involves more technique and patience, and a diligent eye.

Grilling while you need a diligent eye, is more about knowing heat temp and how long to cook things for.

I see grilling as the sprint, and bbqing/smoking as the endurance run.

I put everything on the grill though, corn, potato's, fish, beef, pork, chicken, bread, everything.

You said it. Learning to use a smoker properly you can cook just about anything.

Well this weekend, so far, I have smoked a beef brisket on Friday, grilled some chicken breast yesterday. ( oh and I like both the greek and italian) and today, it's a pork roast. using a little apple and hickory.

When I was in college, we only had a microwave, a hot plate and a smoker in the house we rented. So we learned how to "make do". It was so easy to just pick up mesquite up off the side of the road in south texas.

So this thread has inspired me to grill some ribs. Does anybody have an EASY recipe for grilling bbq ribs? Preferably one that doesn't have a list of 15 ingredients. I don't want to have to use the oven like a lot of the recipes I have been looking at online call for.

So this thread has inspired me to grill some ribs. Does anybody have an EASY recipe for grilling bbq ribs? Preferably one that doesn't have a list of 15 ingredients. I don't want to have to use the oven like a lot of the recipes I have been looking at online call for.
Let me get this BBQ thread going again. If you want something quick and easy go to the store and buy grilling mates pork rub and throw that on your ribs. Then fire up one side of the grill and get the tempature between 250-275 and throw the ribs on the non heat side for 3 hours.

You can also throw a little slather of BBQ sauce ( I love sweet baby rays!) on the ribs before you put them on the grill or you can wait to throw it on 15 or 20 minutes before the end. Personaly I like to throw a little slather on about every half an hour or 45 minutes so they are just covered with sauce, but thats just me.

This is easy, its not quick because its all about low and slow. If you ever want to kick it up a notch buy a little smoker box and some hickory or apple wood chips and stick it right on top of the burner and smoke them ****es for 3 hours, it makes it taste even better. Let me know if you have any other questions.

I will be smoking Ribs with apple and Hickory today starting at 4. I will be smoking them at 225 for about 4 hours, I am trying something new by placing a water pan underneath the ribs to keep them moist. I am excited. Also a ton of beer is on the menu.

I always use the water pan under the ribs. If you dont already, try spraying a little apple juice on the ribs while smoking them. I usually give them a little blast every hour or so after the 1st hour.

I always use the water pan under the ribs. If you dont already, try spraying a little apple juice on the ribs while smoking them. I usually give them a little blast every hour or so after the 1st hour.

+1

Spraying them is always a good idea.

This thread is useless without pictures, btw.

I smoke grilled some baby backs today. Turned out okay, but I think I overdid it on the dry rub. Normally I like the flavor but today didn't want the flavor to overpower the pork. Oh well, there's always next week :)

Anyone ever tried grilling pizza?

Any tips or suggestions?

The trick is to use medium heat...and go easy on the toppings.

It helps to have all of your ingredients ready.

I use a Boboli, grill one side for a couple of minutes, flip, brush with olive oil, (break out the good stuff), some sauted thin slices of garlic, sprinkle with rosemary, sea-salt and cracked pepper.

I've got it down to where I can put all of that stuff on in about a minute, it's the garlic that takes the most time. You can skip the garlic slices altogether and cut a clove in half and rub it on the crust beforehand. (My Italian grandmother would roll over in her grave if I didn't use garlic!) If you use cheese,(or a lot of ingredients), finish it off under the broiler.

I also toss in a small handful of apple wood chips. I throw 'em in dry and knock back the flames with my spray bottle. I've tried hickory & mesquite, but they are overpowering.

I seldom use pizza sauce. When I do, it's the cheap canned stuff and I use it sparingly. A great topping is sun-dried tomatoes, but the pizza will catch fire before those are cooked, so I finish it off in the broiler.

That works for me on a Weber kettle. I don't know much about gas grills, but I imagine that if the grill was big enough, you could melt the cheese without burning the bottom by using indirect heat.

I sometimes serve the above, without the tomato sauce or garlic slices, as appetizers at cookouts. (That's because I usually grill the main course with high heat and the pizza shell will burn if I use a lot of ingredients.) Cut it into thin slices and serve with the good olive oil to dip.

I've been meaning to try grilled pizza with fresh dough, but I'm too damn lazy.

Anyone that likes Sweet Baby Ray's should never be able to post about BBQ

Anyone with the word Eagles in their screen name should NOT call themselves a Skins fan. :)

I take a lot of pride in my grilling and BBQ and I have no problem using Sweet Baby Rays, please share why an expert like yourself would not reccomend Sweet Baby Rays?

Todays menu:

marinated beef kabobs with green pepper, red onion, and cherry tomato

grilled corn on the cob

macaroni salad

marinade:

soy sauce

brown sugar

seasoned salt

garlic powder

fresh cracked pepper

onion powder

sprite

Interesting bit with the Sprite. A couple of years ago i put a 2 liter of Dr. Pepper in my brine for a turkey and smoked it using Apple wood, it was awesome.

Anyone ever tried grilling pizza?

Any tips or suggestions?

Go to Wal-Mart and buy one of those large metal pizza pans for about 4 bucks. They last all summer long, it helps keep the grill clean, and it heats more evenly.

Go easy on the meat toppings as they take longer to cook.

Add whatever fresh veggies you can get your hands on. Cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, squash, garlic, onion.

If you have tomatoes, slice them thin and use them in place of sauce. Drizzle with olive oil and oregano.

Try calling your local pizza place and ask them if they will sell you some dough. Or use a Boboli, or Mary's?

Don't clean the grill to well, it helps add a smoky flavor.

Get the grill hot to start, throw on a few chips, throw the pan on, turn the grill down to medium, drink a beer and your pizza is ready.

Most of the mobile rib shacks have great BBQ, I have heard great things about a place in Hagerstown called Redneck Ribs, Chaos have you tried their ribs?

Yes! if you havent, do yourself a favor and go get some. The ribs are good but I actually prefer the pulled pork. The tater and pulled pork combo costs $9.50 but I guarantee that it will feed atleast 2 people.

Go to Wal-Mart and buy one of those large metal pizza pans for about 4 bucks. They last all summer long, it helps keep the grill clean, and it heats more evenly.

Great idea!

My wife bought one of those pizza stones from Pampered Chef. It's been sitting in the shed for the past couple of years.

I might try that next time I grill one. They're supposed to distribute the heat evenly too.

Right now I have both grills going. One of 'em is full of corn in the husk, and the other has a couple of racks of baby backs. I use a Memphis style rub, straight out of Steve Raichlens' BBQ Bible.

Just pulled a pint of Hellrazer IPA and am loving life!

Great idea!

My wife bought one of those pizza stones from Pampered Chef. It's been sitting in the shed for the past couple of years.

I might try that next time I grill one. They're supposed to distribute the heat evenly too.

Right now I have both grills going. One of 'em is full of corn in the husk, and the other has a couple of racks of baby backs. I use a Memphis style rub, straight out of Steve Raichlens' BBQ Bible.

Just pulled a pint of Hellrazer IPA and am loving life!

The Pampered Chef pizza stone works well on the gas grill, just remember to turn the side that it is on off. My wife started using MY grill for stuff like that to keep from heating the house up during the summer. Helps to keep our electric bill down below $400.:( I like the Sweet Rays, but prefer my teriyaki coming from Hawaii. Here's a quick cheap teriyaki recipe I've used since I was 10. 1/2 cup soy sauce (shoyo), 1/2 cup sugar (prefer cane/C&H), 1/2 cup sake (white wine), ginger and garlic to flavor, and 5lbs of any meat you want. If you like it hot, Korean style, put a little sesame oil and chopped peppers (the ones that look like little carrots, I think they are called chinese peppers). You can use it as a marinade or cook directly in the sauce. Great for grilling or smoking.

My HOA does not allow charcoal grills. Therefore I have to disqualify myself.

Hey PCS, are you allowed gas grills? If so, get wood pieces of mesquite, apple, hickory, or whatever you like, soak it in water, and place it in the grill shortly before you start grilling. I use that method to give my salmon a smokey mesquite flavor. I usually use a mayonnaise and oyster sauce mix over the top after I've flipped the salmon. Man, I love talking about food.

Archived