Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official BBQ Thread

Capt. Kaos

Don't forget that Home Depot is selling 2 packs of the 22lb Kingsford briquets for $8.97. It's definitely time to stock up.

I'm not sure how I feel about Kingsford. It doesn't seem to get as hot as other charcoal. But 22lbs x 2 for $8.97 is a pretty darn good deal. Lately (and unfortunately) I have been going to Wal Mart for charcoal. Wally is the only place I can find near me that has Royal Oak lump charcoal. Also, the sams choice charcoal is made by Royal Oak, so I usually get that as well.

I hate going to Wal Mart though. Does anyone know of any places besides Wal Mart to buy Royal Oak? I think I just need to make an event of it an search around one day.

You know that! My neighbors make fun of me cos' I will grill in the middle of winter (in shorts and a tshirt)

Rick, whats that Crabby Dirt taste like? is it like a old bay type sprinkle?

It has a unique flavor, but there's definitely some Old Bay influence. It's spicier and very flavorful. A local guy in Severna Park makes it.

Hit me with a PM right before the picnic at Seneca to remind me, and I'll bring some. I'll have plenty of scrimps on hand for the scampi so we'll grill a skewer and sprinkle some on 'em for you to try.

I'm not sure how I feel about Kingsford. It doesn't seem to get as hot as other charcoal. But 22lbs x 2 for $8.97 is a pretty darn good deal. Lately (and unfortunately) I have been going to Wal Mart for charcoal. Wally is the only place I can find near me that has Royal Oak lump charcoal. Also, the sams choice charcoal is made by Royal Oak, so I usually get that as well.

I hate going to Wal Mart though. Does anyone know of any places besides Wal Mart to buy Royal Oak? I think I just need to make an event of it an search around one day.

I feel the same way. I couldn't pass up the Kingsford deal.

I prefer lump charcoal myself. IMO, that's the best way to get a smokin' hot fire and a good sear. I do, however, like the Kingsford for smoking and indirect cooking. I also use the briquets on those windy days when I don't want sparks a-flyin'

While we're on the subject, can any of you suggest a good BBQ mitt?

I've burned up several pairs of those crapola Weber mitts over the years.

I want a kick-ass heavy duty mitt, that goes waaaaay up my arm and can stand up to the heat, yet is flexible enough to be able to handle my BBQ tools.

Hello All,

I hope everyone is having a great start to this Memorial Day weekend. I am having a BBQ / pregame at my house Saturday night before we head out for the evening. Planning on grilling up some chicken and wanted to seek some advice. I'm decent on the grill but was hoping some of you could provide me with some simple marinades/ which types/and best ways to cook chicken on a gas grill. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

While we're on the subject, can any of you suggest a good BBQ mitt?

I've burned up several pairs of those crapola Weber mitts over the years.

I want a kick-ass heavy duty mitt, that goes waaaaay up my arm and can stand up to the heat, yet is flexible enough to be able to handle my BBQ tools.

I use one similiar to this http://www.cheftools.com/prodinfo-new.asp?number=09-0232

it may not go waaaaay up the arm but I like it

it was a little stiff at first but it borke in quick. Come to think of it I'm about due for a new one.

Hello All,

I hope everyone is having a great start to this Memorial Day weekend. I am having a BBQ / pregame at my house Saturday night before we head out for the evening. Planning on grilling up some chicken and wanted to seek some advice. I'm decent on the grill but was hoping some of you could provide me with some simple marinades/ which types/and best ways to cook chicken on a gas grill. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

Skinless boneless chicken breast marinated in italian dressing is the simplest most delicious quick chicken recipe that can be done on a grill.

If you want something a little more complex just let me know and I'll dig out the ol' recipe box and see what I can get together for ya.

Sweet Baby Ray's FTW!

Man that has to be the best sauce I've found. I was at Costco and got the giant 2 pack of bottles. If anyone hasn't tried it ...get it.

Anyway I grill on my Weber year round. I think it's funny how some people won't BBQ in the winter months and consider the charcoal grill a seasonal thing.

When I first met my wife I asked her to get a bag of Kingsford while she was at the store and she said, "Isn't that a seasonal item"? :doh:

Her Dad had never grilled during the winter.

319QJCPWFgL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I

Skinless boneless chicken breast marinated in italian dressing is the simplest most delicious quick chicken recipe that can be done on a grill.

Capt,Your right Italian is good.

Did you ever try greek salad dressing for your marinate?I like it better.

Capt,Your right Italian is good.

Did you ever try greek salad dressing for your marinate?I like it better.

Never tried the greek dressing but I will now. I'm usually pretty good about trying new things, as long as you dont try some Andrew Zimmer type stuff :silly:

Hognose, forgot to quote - We like Sweet Baby Rays for the store bought stuff. I usually make my own when I dont forget :chair:

btw: smoker is doing it's job with a nice mix of apple and hickory, I can't wait til 3/4 this afternoon :D

Never tried the greek dressing but I will now. I'm usually pretty good about trying new things, as long as you dont try some Andrew Zimmer type stuff :silly:

Hognose, forgot to quote - We like Sweet Baby Rays for the store bought stuff. I usually make my own when I dont forget :chair:

btw: smoker is doing it's job with a nice mix of apple and hickory, I can't wait til 3/4 this afternoon :D

What are you smoking right now? I plan on smoking a pork butt tomorrow with a mix of apple and hickory as well. BTW sweet baby rays is the ****!

Well CK... TLC and I will miss you today as we tailgate. Bunch a great ideas in this thread

I tried to find a way to make it down there today. We have WAY to much stuff to do, biggest PITA is opening the pool. I am going to try and get down there one of these times.

I really like the Greek salad dressing. it's all good any brand.The clear is better than creamy stuff to me.

Well I love Sweet Baby Rays tell HN I said to **** off.:D

I wish I could be there to taste the smoker meat.It's hard to beat hickory.

(My Mom was born there :D).

I got to work all weekend.:mad:

However,I hope you have fun this weekend!:)

Enjoy it while you can!

Grilling is ok here! :)

The imortant thing (to me anyways) is that you know the difference :silly:

Yeah, smoking involves more technique and patience, and a diligent eye.

Grilling while you need a diligent eye, is more about knowing heat temp and how long to cook things for.

I see grilling as the sprint, and bbqing/smoking as the endurance run.

I put everything on the grill though, corn, potato's, fish, beef, pork, chicken, bread, everything.

I tried to find a way to make it down there today. We have WAY to much stuff to do, biggest PITA is opening the pool. I am going to try and get down there one of these times.

Next Saturday we will do it again. You gotta come out! And bring a half batch!

Archived