Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot And Barnes' "Old" Comment lol (Wash. Times Quote)

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/30/k-campbell-rejects-offer-wont-return/

Smoot not worried

On Sunday, third-round draft choice Kevin Barnes said fellow cornerback Fred Smoot was "getting a little bit older." Smoot, 30, responded to Barnes on Wednesday.

"They come in like that until they go to three days of [minicamp], and [then] they humble," Smoot said. "It don't bother me. I'm going to take him through some things. I haven't seen the guy. I don't even know his name, and I love football, so that tells you [something]. I know who's going to get drafted where. I didn't know the kid."

heh heh lol :cool:...

Am I the only one who hears Smoot's voice while reading his quotes?

:ha:

this part slowed me down a bit:

"I know who's going to get drafted where. I didn't know the kid"

:doh1:

I like Smoot. Hopefully he's as good a sport as Philip Daniels and Rynaldo Wynn (i think) and a better sport than Marcus Washington and Khary Campbell.

I couldn't bring myself to adding 'ol Pete to that bad sport list.

Someone's gotta take one for the team...

Whatever's best for the team! HAIL!

anyone wikied Kevin Barnes yet?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Barnes

I've always had a real problem with the young guys who come in with tooo much of a chip on their sholder. Come in and show that fire and competitve spirit, YES, but to come off as a complete prick...no! Smoot may not be All-World, but you could still learn from him...;)

Dude was picked up in the third round...first show some humility then get yourself conditioned so all your idle threats/trash talk don't make you appear to be a dumb arse when mini-camp starts. I love myself some SMOOT!! but if the kid can come in at DB/NB and actually catch a ball.....I'm all for him.

I've always had a real problem with the young guys who come in with tooo much of a chip on their sholder. Come in and show that fire and competitve spirit, YES, but to come off as a complete prick...no! Smoot may not be All-World, but you could still learn from him...;)

Dude was picked up in the third round...first show some humility then get yourself conditioned so all your idle threats/trash talk don't make you appear to be a dumb arse when mini-camp starts. I love myself some SMOOT!! but if the kid can come in at DB/NB and actually catch a ball.....I'm all for him.

If you actually listen to the interview, he's not saying Smoot is to old to play or anything. His was asked what he knew about the Redskins current corner situation and he answered it exactly right.

And you can't blame Barnes for have a chip on his shoulder, I mean, he literally has a chip on his shoulder.

I knew that whole line by Barnes wasnt a smart thing to say. When asked about the corner situation he said "I know they just resigned Deangelo, CARLOS IS ON THE LAST YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT, AND SMOOT IS GETTING OLDER" :)

As soon as he said that I was like a simple, "well i know they have some great corners in hall, smoot and rogers" would have been ok. No need to go into carlos contract details and smoots age :)

My memory could be poor...but when Smoot went through the combine/minicamps etc. as a rookie, I remember that he couldn't do a single rep of 225. And if I remember that one story on Smoot last year, didn't he have a gym in his home that he admits he never uses?

I like Smoot, but this new kid is younger, stronger, taller, and probably quicker that Smoot. All Smoot has on him is his motor mouth. If I were Smoot, I'd be doing less talking and more preparing so I don't get demoted to dime corner.

Haha, good stuff. I like Barnes. He seemed a little ****y in his interview with Larry Michael, but thats OK. We need corners like that. At least he isn't a loud mouth like Tryon who hasn't done anything.

I too heard Smoots voice in my head when I read that...lol

My memory could be poor...but when Smoot went through the combine/minicamps etc. as a rookie, I remember that he couldn't do a single rep of 225. And if I remember that one story on Smoot last year, didn't he have a gym in his home that he admits he never uses?

I like Smoot, but this new kid is younger, stronger, taller, and probably quicker that Smoot. All Smoot has on him is his motor mouth. If I were Smoot, I'd be doing less talking and more preparing so I don't get demoted to dime corner.

Cornerbacks doing the benchpress is like OLine running a 40 yard dash, it really doesnt affect the position very much. Lifting heavy things isnt in the job description:D:D

If you actually listen to the interview, he's not saying Smoot is to old to play or anything. His was asked what he knew about the Redskins current corner situation and he answered it exactly right.

And you can't blame Barnes for have a chip on his shoulder, I mean, he literally has a chip on his shoulder.

True...but as a rookie, who probably doesn't have a working contract as of yet. The last thing you want to comment on is how old some of the players at your position are and who is in what year of their contract. Almost insinuating that it's a given you will start ahead of them. That's a bit TO in tone. What would have been best if he came in wanting to contribute, wanting to learn from the veterans and and help this football team succeed. If you READ what I said, I didn't blame him for having a chip on his shoulder. We need people to come in with a chip on their shoulder, I want him to feel as though he needs to prove himself. Not at the expense of being ostracized for his speak first think later mindset

Did anyone read the rest of that article? Khary Cambpell feels disrespected because the team drafted two young linebackers?

This whole "disrespected" thing is getting ridiculous. Some 7th rounder, drafted by Detroit, says everyone who passed on him is gonna pay. Give me a break, apparently your own team didn't think you were worth it until they had a throw away pick. This is just stupid.

I hope Smoot will take all this with a grain of salt and just joke around about it, he seems pretty good natured about things. Course the, "I don't know this kid" smells like he feels "disrespected".

I never thought I'd see so much drama from grown men, this is disgusting.

Smoot's undertone here is that the FO doesn't know how to draft!! He's saying he knows who's getting drafted where, but he's never heard of the kid. I watched Barnes play and think he may do alright. But really...I think our FO could've gotten Barnes a bit later and addressed the O-line.

Well everything could be all warm and fuzzy in the locker room had people thought before they spoke. Damn...even my nine year old son knows to do that. Smoot will have a field day with the kid. Unrelenting and constant rookie hazing. Smoot is the number one trash talker on the team....kids got it comming.

Smoot's undertone here is that the FO doesn't know how to draft!! He's saying he knows who's getting drafted where, but he's never heard of the kid. I watched Barnes play and think he may do alright. But really...I think our FO could've gotten Barnes a bit later and addressed the O-line.

I kinda got a hint of that too. Don't know what that was all about.

Nice picture, the boys are wearing Dirty's number!!

If you READ what I said, I didn't blame him for having a chip on his shoulder. We need people to come in with a chip on their shoulder, I want him to feel as though he needs to prove himself. Not at the expense of being ostracized for his speak first think later mindset

The chip on his shoulder comment was just a joke since he broke it last year.

To be fair, Smoot was also DROTY. [EDIT: False.]

But yeah, Smoot's a good guy and his quote was hilarious, but he does need to step up his game. I don't know anything about Barnes, but Smoot wasn't exactly a safety net last year. Or the year before. Or the year before that.

Actually, I think one of the Eagles representives here on ES mentioned that they were going to take him 2 picks after we did. And when we drafted him, they decided to trade back.

Did anyone read the rest of that article? Khary Cambpell feels disrespected because the team drafted two young linebackers?

This whole "disrespected" thing is getting ridiculous. Some 7th rounder, drafted by Detroit, says everyone who passed on him is gonna pay. Give me a break, apparently your own team didn't think you were worth it until they had a throw away pick. This is just stupid.

I hope Smoot will take all this with a grain of salt and just joke around about it, he seems pretty good natured about things. Course the, "I don't know this kid" smells like he feels "disrespected".

I never thought I'd see so much drama from grown men, this is disgusting.

Horton and Thomas had the same attitude, though, and I like it. It's pushed them to train harder.

This whole "disrespected" thing is getting ridiculous. Some 7th rounder, drafted by Detroit, says everyone who passed on him is gonna pay.

This intrigued me so I looked it up...Detroit had 3 picks in the 7th round. Guess we'll have to be on the lookout for Lydon Murtha, Zack Follett or Dan Gronkowski in the near future, because one of them is angry.;)

Archived