Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Smoot And Barnes' "Old" Comment lol (Wash. Times Quote)

It was Zach Follett, LB out of Cal, who felt disrespected.

I agree that athletes can use anything for motivation, that's what made Michael Jordan the best. He would find disrespect about anything and use it to fuel his fire to get better, but he never anounced it to the media or made his business decisions based on it, unlike Khary Campbell who now refuses to sign a contract with the Skins because we drafted two LBers.

If he's that threatened by two late round rookies, he must not think he can beat them out. So instead of coming into camp and showing the two rookies they aren't going to take his job, he gets all whiny and basically says, "I'm not gonna play with you," and stomps off to some other team. What a brat. That's what I think is stupid. I don't mind people using stuff for motivation, I just think it's stupid they feel the need to whine about it to the media.

It was Zach Follett, LB out of Cal, who felt disrespected.

I agree that athletes can use anything for motivation, that's what made Michael Jordan the best. He would find disrespect about anything and use it to fuel his fire to get better, but he never anounced it to the media or made his business decisions based on it, unlike Khary Campbell who now refuses to sign a contract with the Skins because we drafted two LBers.

If he's that threatened by two late round rookies, he must not think he can beat them out. So instead of coming into camp and showing the two rookies they aren't going to take his job, he gets all whiny and basically says, "I'm not gonna play with you," and stomps off to some other team. What a brat. That's what I think is stupid. I don't mind people using stuff for motivation, I just think it's stupid they feel the need to whine about it to the media.

Oh, I didn't read that. HA! What a moron.

I live in South Florida and you guys should have heard this interview their radio guy did with Dolphins 1st round pick Vonte Davis. Wow....worst interview ever......he sounded like he hasnt gotten through the 8th grade....(Not to mention it was difficult to hear him through his what sounded like 8 screaming children in the backround)

KB could have done alot worse.

Smoot is in for a big surprise in camp because this kid might be better than Smoot right now.

I'd lean towards saying you're right.

I'm confident he'll beat out Smoot for playing time by the end of the season.

Smoot was pretty miserable last year. He was just a body that needs replacing by a younger guy with more potential.

Sad cause Smoot's been one of my favorite, but I do hope Barnes blows the CB corp away and becomes a force.

I think his attitude fits perfectly with this Defense. I really think they're going to be vicious. They were tough last year, but this year it looks like they're going to be feared if the guys we've gotten turn out. My favorite line was from Hall who said when he sees the players we're putting together it just made him smile. Hopefully that's a "we're gonna crush people," smile instead of a, "I don't have to work half as hard now" smile.

Yea I saw that Khary Campbell comment to. What a crybaby. A 30 year old linebacker that has yet to show he can start at any one of the 3 linebacker positions and he is mad cause we didnt offer him a 5yr 50mil contract or something. Let him go he isnt worth it. He will just get hurt during the coin toss again like last year haha.

i love this kinda talk. gonna bring some fire and competition which is awesome. itll force smoot play better to try and keep his job which can only be a benefit, but im gonna say that barnes takes over for smoot as nick cb by week 5.

and is it just me or do we maybe have the hardest hitting secondary in the league?

I laughed when I heard the Barnes comment and I wouldn't have expected anything less than the comeback from Smoot...hopefully these guys will have a good time giving each other a hard time and benefit from each others competition...

Smoots going to have some fun hazing Barnes too :silly:

I wish. I think that he's done as anything but a nickel back.

In today's game, nickel backs are starters.

Nothing wrong with being a nickel back. We actually re-signed him in 2007 to be our nickel back. I see him taking a step up this year. One thing we alllll know about Smoot is he is a competitor.

In today's game, nickel backs are starters.

Nothing wrong with being a nickel back. We actually re-signed him in 2007 to be our nickel back. I see him taking a step up this year. One thing we alllll know about Smoot is he is a competitor.

Definitely a competitor, but he's our glaring weakness at corner. I can't tell you how many times I've seen him get burned. He's almost an automatic first down at this point.

And yes, I do love me some Smoot, was pissed when he left, thrilled when he came back, and still want him around. I just don't want him to be viewed as a starting corner anymore (assuming 4 DL, 3 LB, 2 CB, and 2 S)

Definitely a competitor, but he's our glaring weakness at corner. I can't tell you how many times I've seen him get burned. He's almost an automatic first down at this point.

And yes, I do love me some Smoot, was pissed when he left, thrilled when he came back, and still want him around. I just don't want him to be viewed as a starting corner anymore (assuming 4 DL, 3 LB, 2 CB, and 2 S)

Yea it was last year when I started noticing almost every throw on 3rd down was picking on Smoot. Then when Amani Toomer leaves Smooty in the dust for a long TD.....is when I started getting REALLY concerned.

Smoot's undertone here is that the FO doesn't know how to draft!! He's saying he knows who's getting drafted where, but he's never heard of the kid. I watched Barnes play and think he may do alright. But really...I think our FO could've gotten Barnes a bit later and addressed the O-line.

I have to admit I was suprized also, but most scouting reports had him in the 2nd-3rd round. His re-occurring shoulder injuries took him from a late first rounder to where his was in the draft. The kids has loads of talent,height and speed. If he bulks up alittle and stays healthy he could be a starting corner some day. Where going to have issues resigning LOS next season. Especially if he has a decent season, because LOS has superman syndrome. He thinks he's better than he actually is. Smoot needs to do his homework alittle better next draft....

Maryland_logo.gifKevin Barnes, Maryland

Height: 6-0. Weight: 187.

Projected 40 Time: 4.43.

Combine 40 Time: 4.52.

Pro Day 40 Time: 4.45.

Benchx225: . Vertical: 41.

Projected Round (2009): 2-3.

1/13/09: Now two months removed from shoulder surgery. Pretty bad timing for an injury.

12/13/08: Kevin Barnes missed the second half of the season with a shoulder injury. Barnes finished with two picks, five passes broken up and a blocked kick.

5/17/08: Kevin Barnes had four picks in 2007. One of the tallest corners (6-1) in this class.

link

Yea I saw that Khary Campbell comment to. What a crybaby. A 30 year old linebacker that has yet to show he can start at any one of the 3 linebacker positions and he is mad cause we didnt offer him a 5yr 50mil contract or something. Let him go he isnt worth it. He will just get hurt during the coin toss again like last year haha.

What's Khary been known for here in DC?

answer: His special teams play, so for Zorn and Vinny to come out and say these guys will need to show they can play special teams is Khary having to come to the realization that his career is coming to an end. These guys are his replacement. You can blame Khary for not wanting to hang up the cleats just yet. His days are numbered if these two guys actually have talent. We'll see if a RB converted to LB can surpass Khary.

I knew that whole line by Barnes wasnt a smart thing to say. When asked about the corner situation he said "I know they just resigned Deangelo, CARLOS IS ON THE LAST YEAR OF HIS CONTRACT, AND SMOOT IS GETTING OLDER" :)

As soon as he said that I was like a simple, "well i know they have some great corners in hall, smoot and rogers" would have been ok. No need to go into carlos contract details and smoots age :)

agreed and I would like to see Smoot have a good year...he has done some good things for us and I like him...but him one on one with an athletic TALL...makes me scared.

I expect CBs to be ****y and arrogant, they're often out on an island by themselves left to protect against WR's who are bigger than them. You need that level of brazen confidence to excel at the position. This just makes me like the guy that much more.

Archived