Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Girls developing breasts early

China

Girls developing breasts early

Young girls are developing breasts early, and for some with no other physical signs of puberty.

Pre-pubescent Danish girls are developing breasts a year earlier than previously and seemingly not as a result of their own hormones, according to a new survey from the Rigshospitalet’s Department of Growth and Reproduction.

“We believe this is a result of environmental factors – hormone disrupting substances that have a strength to develop breasts despite the fact that the girls do not enter puberty. These substances are everywhere – in cosmetics, foodstuffs, paint – everywhere,” says Sr. Lise Aksglæde one of the authors of the report, naming parabenes and phthalates as two of the substances under suspicion.

More than 2,000 Copenhagen girls between five and a half and 20 years of age have taken part in the puberty survey. Half were surveyed in 1992 and 1993 and the rest between 2006 and 2008. Results have been published in the American scientific journal Pediatrics.

“The results are very worrying. A dark horse has appeared that affects Danish children and we don’t know what it is. We keep on measuring substances such as phthalates and parabenes but this cannot necessarily give us the answer as to whether these are the substances affecting them,” says Rigshospitalet’s Department of Growth and Reproduction Head Professor Anders Juul.

There is a 12 year old at my kids' school that I swear is built like a college student.

I has to be something environmental or food related.

There's always one or two. There's one at my son's school, I swore she was some kid's older sister. She's probably the reason my son is staying in the shower so long.

~Bang

That's what my wife believes. :whoknows:

And as a result, we've been buying the $6/gallon organic milk for our kids. Which probably also has growth hormones in it :doh:

In theory, to be labeled "Organic" they can't supplement the cows with the hormone recombinant somatotropin (rbST) to increase milk production. So it sounds like a good choice for that reason.

http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/NationalDairyCouncil/Nutrition/Products/Organic+Milk+FAQ+HTML.htm

In theory, to be labeled "Organic" they can't supplement the cows with the hormone recombinant somatotropin (rbST) to increase milk production. So it sounds like a good choice for that reason.

http://www.nationaldairycouncil.org/NationalDairyCouncil/Nutrition/Products/Organic+Milk+FAQ+HTML.htm

Yeah, but when your kids drink three gallons a week, I mean, that's nuts.

Yeah, that's certainly the justification we've used. Give it a decade, and 20-20 will be doing a special on how the organic milk we've been buying for the last decade actually had the same growth hormones regardless, or some toxin, or liquified bacon concentrate -- something that will make us feel like morons for going through the trouble. :silly:

It' basic evolution. In terms of human history women have only recently begun to be able to compete with men for the good things in life,, money, land, power.. and so the female of the species is developing a competitive edge.

Either that or we need to investigate Victoria's Secret for possible water tampering.

~Bang

why is this a problem?

edit: actually that question could potentially sound creepy ... i don't mean to say i'm psyched about underage boobies ... i just mean "eh big deal"

I think its actually pretty scary to think that environmental factors, including food, are influencing human bodies in such a way... and that we don't even know what it really is.

why is this a problem?

edit: actually that question could potentially sound creepy ... i don't mean to say i'm psyched about underage boobies ... i just mean "eh big deal"

I've heard the arguement that the problem is, these girls have adult bodies but still have child minds.

I think it leads to self esteem issues and such.

And with adult bodies at a young age they are going to get attention from boys and being that they are still young, they don't always make the best decisions in situations that their bodies put them in.

Yeah, that's certainly the justification we've used. Give it a decade, and 20-20 will be doing a special on how the organic milk we've been buying for the last decade actually had the same growth hormones regardless, or some toxin, or liquified bacon concentrate -- something that will make us feel like morons for going through the trouble. :silly:

just buy soymilk, it's not "milk" but it gets the job done and there is no conceivable reason for soymilk to have the extra antibiotics and hormones that regular milk might have

they fortify soymilk with calcium nowadays (and Vitamn D too maybe)

EDIT: I paid $6 for 2 Liters so it might not be any cheaper

I've heard the arguement that the problem is, these girls have adult bodies but still have child minds.

I think it leads to self esteem issues and such.

And with adult bodies at a young age they are going to get attention from boys and being that they are still young, they don't always make the best decisions in situations that their bodies put them in.

I thought the answer to the question was fairly obvious but thanks for articulating it so well.

Whenever me and my friends see a well developed young girl we say "Got to be the hormones in the chicken...."

Archived