Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think we need to trade up to 8 regardless because we are realy screwed at 13.

hitmandm

I couldn't disagree more. Smith, Oher, Orapko, Ayers, or Maualuga will be there when we pick. Moreover, we need those mid-round picks because we are need to plug a LOT of holes. If anything, we should try to trade down to the bottom of the first round and pick up a guy like Alex Mack, Maualuga, Britton, etc. and get more mid-round picks.

Listen to Skins Dude, 4 OTs in the Top 4 Maualuga and ayers might be there, but its not a guarantee.

The flaw in the original post is that you're assuming just because you haven't heard much about any of the other players, that they can't come in and help an NFL team. Believe me, there are more than 12 good college players that will be drafted on Saturday and Sunday.

Bingo. And to give up the third to move up and gamble is just not worth it. We need some other impact or backup players, like yesterday. I would like to trade down and still get one of the SC LBers and pick up a two or three.

No way that Andre Smith or Brian Orakpo is still available at 13. Some of the mock drafts that I'm seeing now have all four OT's gone by 10. Michael Oher's stock is on the rise big time. We may have to move up to go O-line or we will have to go DE or LB.

I did not say they will all be there. I said at least one of those players would be there at 13. And yes, I do think it's quite possible that Smith or Orakpo will be there at 13. Each and every year someone from the top 10 falls to the middle of the round or lower (e.g., Brady Quinn, Aaron Rogers, Alan Branch).

Again? what the hell does he want?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SWFLSkins

Martin Mayhew on the line Sir, he would like to talk to you......

Again? what the hell does he want?

HE said he would gladly clean your clock at the number 1 spot giving you Sanchez without challenge. Sir, your rubbing a hole in your hands.

I have heard that the Lions will sign their pick by Friday. I'm hoping that they don't sign Matthew Stafford. I think that if they sign Arron Curry or Jason Smith that it may shake up the draft a bit. Maybe, maybe not. I don't like the looks of the draft for us at the moment and don't like staying at 13 if all of the offensive tackles gone, which may happen. I think that only Michael Oher may fall to 13, which would be fine with me.

I know we need that third rounder, but the next best thing is to offer next years second rounder and Im tired of not having a second rounder.

??? ... the skins selected three players in the second round of last years draft.

Let the draft come to them ('them' being Snyder/Cerrato). I don't think they should trade up to get a guy who might be a starter, especially considering how few draft picks the 'Skins have and how they seem to vomit them up every chance they get. If Sanchez is there at 13 (unlikely, but it could happen), take him. I personally don't think drafting a QB is wise at this time, but if the FO is smitten with Sanchez, so be it. If they don't like what they see when 13 rolls around, trade down. If they can't trade down, take the BPA (hopefully a need posisiton). Maybe he pans out, maybe he can be traded. If the hype is true then Snyder is committing yet another personnel blunder: falling in love with one player in the draft.

We ain't going nowheres. We will sit tight, and Maybin, or Ayers will be there. They are both players who can make an immediate impact. Hell, even Everette Brown will be there. We have our pick of three top tier defensive playmakers, why move at all?

If that's the case we will see how good JLC's sources are with the team because according to him they aren't high on those exact players you mention especially Ayers.

If it all flows that way and lets say JLC is right and they don't like those guys, hopefully someone does and they can trade down. I wouldn't mind someone like Mauluga, Cushing, Britton, Matthews if they took them lower in the first round and picked up another pick in the process.

Let's not hit the panic button. Snyderatto knows what it's doing.

OK, hit the panic button......NOW!

When it comes to the 1st three rounds the Skins have done real well at drafting and avoiding the big busts so there is no need to hit the panic button. Now if you are talking about free agents I would want to hit the button.

We are totally screwed at 13. None of the players we want will be there.

Who is WE? I would rather trade down (see sig). There is no reason to trade up IMO. We have too many holes that need to be filled. There are always teams looking to trade up for whatever reason.

I ask all you religious folk to pray this week that we do NOT move up, but hold our spot or trade down to get more picks. Thanks.

Yes I most defenitly will. The Dumbest thing we could do is move up. Sanchez is not that good. Mathew Stafford is not going overall #1 to the lions. Lions will pick curry #1. We need to trade down for more picks. If nobody wants to trade down. Then you Take the best OT available or the Best DE available. Sanchez is not the answer.

You mean to the Jets, not Denver.

Great scott, I'm so paranoid about getting taken by the Broncos again, that I thought i was them. right Jets not Denver thanks for correcting me

Who is WE? I would rather trade down (see sig). There is no reason to trade up IMO. We have too many holes that need to be filled. There are always teams looking to trade up for whatever reason.

Why would anyone trade up if there isn't value at 13? its a double edged sword, if you stay and noone of major value is there we are screwed.

I haven't seen a mock that has Oher being off the board at 13

http://thefootballexpert.com/2009mockdraftallen.html

Monroe 2, Andre Smith 6, Oher 7, Jason Smith 10

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009matt.php

Monroe 2, Jason Smith 6, Michael Oher 10, Andre Smith 11 (but in this draft we trade up and take Sanchez so :/

http://walterfootball.com/draft2009.php

all 4 are gone by pick 11

http://www.drafttek.com/round12009.asp

This one has curry going #1, J. Smith at 2, Monroe at 3, Seattle snags sanchez, then Cleveland takes orakpo, Andre Smith is gone at 6, Crab tree to 7.... jas Oher going at #10 (skins get rey in this mock)

http://www.draft32.com/viewpage.php?page_id=140

All 4 OTs gone by pick 11,

same with this one

http://thefootballexpert.com/mockdraft.html

So there are a couple of mocks. If Detroit takes Curry, look out Chaos is the word of the day for Saturday

I am looking at the draft, as what do we need to happen point of view for the Skins to get player they covet or put us in a position to trade down.

For example:

- I think we want Stafford to go to Detroit. If they go OT or take Curry, it will seriously shake up the draft for us and everyone else.

- We want Kansas City to stay put at 3 and take Curry OR another Defensive player. If they trade down or take an OT, it screws us.

- For those of us who think moving up for Sanchez is a bad idea, we hope the Seahawks take Sanchez. We also don't want Seattle to take an OT because I think it will force players like Raji, Orakpo, and Brown off the board sooner.

- We need Cleveland to draft a DB or Crabtree.

I am not saying these are have to occurences, but I think it bodes well for Redskins to get certain players to drop.

For example:

- I think we want Stafford to go to Detroit. If they go OT or take Curry, it will seriously shake up the draft for us and everyone else.

I am not saying these are have to occurences, but I think it bodes well for Redskins to get certain players to drop.

Detriot Wont pick Stafford. They will select Curry. They have been in Contract Talks with him and have not spoken to Stafford at all. Drafting Sanchez is a very bad Idea. He will be a serious bust if we get him. Matt Linehart was a way bigger prospect then him and cant earn a starting spot on the cardinals. We need to take a pass rusher late in the first round. So we defenitly need to trade down. Even if one of the top 5 tackles are there. Trade down for a late first and second rounder.

If they trade up to 8, I think it's a dead giveaway that they'll take Sanchez which is a big mistake IMO. They need to stay at 13 and address a need.

The best thing for us to do us trade down to the late first round and gain a second rounder. A team like the lions would love to trade with us. Then we could have a real draft.Maybe something along the lines of

1st. DE Michael Johnson

2nd. LB James Laurinitis

3rd. OT Alex Boone

I have mixed feelings. I could definitely see Orakpo, Oher, or Smith falling to us. On the other hand, they may not, and I think the drop-off after the 1st 4 tackles, Raji, and Orakpo is significant.

I wouldn't mind a move up to #8 if it guaranteed one of these players. A #3 isn't that high of a price to pay for a possible pro-bowler vs a potential starter if that is how your board looks.

I actually think that adding Raji would make our D more dominant than Orakpo. Griffen is older and is still having shoulder problems. Raji and Haynesworth could be the most dominant interior line in the league for the next 5 years. It would also give us the ability to rotate frequently and move Haynesworth to DE a bit, as the Titans did. Imagine Hanesworth, Raji, Griffen, Carter as your front 4. Our LB's would finish the game with clean jerseys and live at the line of scrimmage and in the backfield.

Archived