Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think we need to trade up to 8 regardless because we are realy screwed at 13.

hitmandm

I wanted Cutler because I think with him we could be a Super Bowl contender. The rest of the team is great to decent. The OL needs help but it could hold together for a year. Trading up to get Sanchez is different though. Sanchez is unproven. He started one season. No one knows how good he will be. I don't want the next Alex Smith. Cutler was proven so he would be worth the picks.

How can you even compare Sanchez to Alex Smith? Smith ran ina spread offense at Utah as I recall, it is in no way similar to a natural pro offense, least of all the WCO. I can understand your reasoning on why you want cutler, but I fail to see you reasoning for being upset about draft picks being traded. If you are not sold on JC and he is not taking us anywhere, then why waste more time on him? I don't understand that kind of logic I guess.

Or maybe that's my problem, introducing logic to extremeskins conversations.

We need to trade down... which is why 13 REALLY screws us... because no one is going to want 13 to even get a good trade down.

the WR section of the draft is hurting us... normally we'd have a good shot at a top WR at 13... but the ones that are there and slipping and not in high demand. So no one is going to want the 13th spot.

or i should say.. no one will give us a second and a fourth for the 13th.

Well NFL radio just announced that Stafford has signed.

On topic. Bad idea. We do not need to trade down. This is way into the chicken little file.

In all likely hood Moreno and Jenkins will still be there at 13 and several teams want to jump New Orleans to grab one of them. We actually stand to trade down and get a good deal.

EDIT: check that, I may have misheard what they were saying. Detroit is denying this.

It depends. If a team really covets a player, they aren't going to necessarily let it be known.

Guys like Knowshon Moreno and Malcolm Jenkins will be popular picks from 13 on. I would be willing to bet a team would want to move up to get either.

We need to trade down... which is why 13 REALLY screws us... because no one is going to want 13 to even get a good trade down.

the WR section of the draft is hurting us... normally we'd have a good shot at a top WR at 13... but the ones that are there and slipping and not in high demand. So no one is going to want the 13th spot.

Reports are already in that people contacting US about moving DOWN.

If two QBs are gone, Freeman is the only one with a shot at the first round. Same thing happened with Flacco and Baltimore moved up to take him.

Wells and Moreno have value as well.

I think we'll be fine. There is a lot of buzz about Jackson sneaking into the top 5, comparisons to Richard Seymor and all. That would push a player to us.

We are totally screwed at 13. None of the players we want will be there. At 13, we will just be reaching for marginal players unless a decent prospect happens to fall. What is almost as worse, I dont see any player--except for Freeman, to whom a team might want to trade up for so we cant move down.

What the Skins need to do is to trade up to 8 for the Jags and give them our 3rd rounder--we may have to toss in an extra pick next year depending on interest. Yes...I know we need that third rounder, but the next best thing is to offer next years second rounder and Im tired of not having a second rounder.

At 8, we will have one of these picks of Sanchez, Oher or Smith and Orakpo. Im fine getting any of these at 8.

To get the players we want, a third round pick is worth it. We should trade 13 to the Jags right now because we need to come out of this draft with Sanchez, Oher, Smith or Orakpo.

OR trade back the scenario thats more likely to happen.

Lions are denying a deal has been done.

I expect one to be done, but they will be more than happy to announce it.

Thats what I read too, but this guy was making it sound like NFL radio was announcing the signing.

They would have been better off signing Curry and moving up to get to get a QB, considering they have two first rounders.

Or they are counting on getting Britton or Beatty to stabilize the OL for Stafford. Thats not a bad idea either.

I wanted Cutler because I think with him we could be a Super Bowl contender. The rest of the team is great to decent. The OL needs help but it could hold together for a year. Trading up to get Sanchez is different though. Sanchez is unproven. He started one season. No one knows how good he will be. I don't want the next Alex Smith. Cutler was proven so he would be worth the picks.

The offensive line couldn't hold up last year, how can it hold up now?! lol We have the lightest and oldest line in the league. This is why they can't open up holes for the running backs or protect the quarterback. I know some people think Cutler would be great despite not getting any protection but if they tried to understand logic more less football, they would understand that makes no sense. How many times do we need to trade picks for one player (that will defintely get us to the Superbowl) before it sinks in that it doesn't work?!) Keep the damn picks and use them wisely. Like the last two teams that won the Superbowl. Make sense?

Andre Smith/OT/Alabama

Micheal Oher/OT/Ole Miss

Ebon Britton/OT/Arizona

Aaron Maybin/DE/Penn St.

Brian Cushing/LB/USC

Rey Malaluga/LB/USC

Peria Jerry/DT/Ole Miss

Everette Brown/DE/Florida St.

Robert Ayers/DE/Tennessee

All could be there when we pick... You act like the top 10 are once in a lifetime talents. The only real elite talents in this draft really are Aaron Curry, Andre Smith, and Micheal Crabtree. Two of those three "elite talents"(Smith and Crabtree) have reasonable questions to answer. Andre Smith with his playing shape and Crabtree with his speed.

We should stay at 13 and draft OT, DE, LB, then best player available not named Mark Sanchez.

First, I never claimed to be the smartest here. Second I have no clue about what offensive scheme Sanchez and Alex Smith ran. I don't follow college football all that much. I was refering to Smith being a bust. I don't want to trade up for a guy who turns out to be a bust. Thats what I meant refering him to Smith. As for DGreen1, I believe Portis was still the top 10 in the league. Thats nothing to laugh at. I can understand where your coming from but Cutler would also get rid of the ball quicker. Plus he tends to be more mobile than Campbell. Not only that but our QB doesn't have to do much to win games. The D usually holds teams to under or around 20 pts. In Denver Cutler had to throw to win. Here he could be more balanced and I think it would do him good. I just see the QB spot as the weak link on this team and I prefer someone who has proved himself. Drafting a QB is 50/50 and with Snyder on Sanchez's side I don't like the way things look.

I hate to break this too you, but at the #13 pick, the 13th best player in the entire draft is still available. Sometimes the 5th best player in the draft is still available. Its just finding the right guy.

The absurdity that it makes sense to trade away an extra pick instead, in a year when we have so few and we need it, boggles my mind. Darrel Green was available at 28, there is no reason to trade up at 13.

I hate to break this too you, but at the #13 pick, the 13th best player in the entire draft is still available. Sometimes the 5th best player in the draft is still available. Its just finding the right guy.

The absurdity that it makes sense to trade away an extra pick instead, in a year when we have so few and we need it, boggles my mind. Darrel Green was available at 28, there is no reason to trade up at 13.

the bottom line is this team is done with campbell and its pretty obvious. we tried to give the farm for cutler, and now were all over mark sanchez. if we liked JC and wanted him as the starter, we'd have given him 100% confidence and signed him to an extension. neither have been done because we dont want him.

and the point with trading up, is the FO obvoiusly wants to start grooming a QB asap and theres pretty much only 2 in this draft we'd wanna take, sanchez and stafford. stafford will be gone, and sanchez could fall, and we could take him if he does. so getting up to the 8th spot to nab sanchez doesnt sound too crazy, and if we gave up our 3rd to move up, and got a 3rd back for campbell, we break even in terms of picks.

Why give up a pick when you could very well have gotten the same guy at 13? There are a lot of great players in this draft but no exceptional freaks that you have to move up and get. I think we are in a good position at 13 because we will get a guy who has relatively the same talent but don't have to pay him top 10 money.

I am all for trading down and if we can do it, Im happy with that. I don't think it will happen. No one will trade up for Kelly and a RB that neither can run faster than a 4.5.

Im saying at 13, were screwed and no one here has changed my mind. The picks that make the most sense to us will be gone and we will be left paying a 23rd pick talent at 13th pick prices.

A third rounder is not too much in my mind to trade up and get a guy we want that will fill a need.

Im saying at 13, were screwed and no one here has changed my mind. The picks that make the most sense to us will be gone and we will be left paying a 23rd pick talent at 13th pick prices.

I see what you are saying now. I agree with this. None of these guys are exceptional in my opinion but there are some quality OL here and hopefully one of them will fall to us otherwise I agree with this sentiment. Its amazing to me how much money Sanchez and Stafford are going to make even though they are not on the same level of skill set as Matt Ryan or Joe Flacco. I guess they the ESPN hype machine for securing their 1st round money.

What about Cushing or Maualuga. They shouldn't be gone and we could use an LB. Blades is all right but we could use improvement there. Then in the third we might find a OT to develop. Heyer was undrafted and he seems ok. I haven't followed the draft in detail and like I said I don't claim to be the smartest but I think we'd be better off keeping the picks.

Everybody knows that if we trade up and Sanchez is available were making that pick whether you like it or not. If the Seahawks take him, my money says we stay put and draft the BPA that fits our needs. Keep in mind that this isn't what I want us to do, but rather what will actually happen.

From the Dan Patrick Show:

Dan asked Mayock his one can't-miss prospect. Last year Mayock chose Jerod Mayo, who was defensive rookie of the year. This year, Mayock chose Tennessee defensive end Robert Ayers

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/blog/62341/index.html?eref=fromSI

Ayers will likely be there at 13. Wouldn't be a bad choice as he is stout against the run and can make plays in the backfield.

Archived