Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think we need to trade up to 8 regardless because we are realy screwed at 13.

hitmandm

Why would anyone trade up if there isn't value at 13? its a double edged sword, if you stay and noone of major value is there we are screwed.

Because there isn't value 13 to the Redskins doesn't mean that there isn't for another team. Guys like Knowshon Moreno and Malcolm Jenkins will be there, and there are several teams interested in the two.

I wouldn't say screwed. Just because you may feel that a player isn't worth a 13 pick doesn't mean its the worst thing in the world. You then draft by need. Regardless of what happens, the team is NOT screwed at 13, its a great place to be drafting.

All trading up would do is assure that the team will give up multiple picks, which we are already very slim at and have many holes to fill, on an untested rookie.

The best thing for us to do us trade down to the late first round and gain a second rounder. A team like the lions would love to trade with us. Then we could have a real draft.Maybe something along the lines of

1st. DE Michael Johnson

2nd. LB James Laurinitis

3rd. OT Alex Boone

No way Laurinitas is therein the 2nd though.

Because there isn't value 13 to the Redskins doesn't mean that there isn't for another team. Guys like Knowshon Moreno and Malcolm Jenkins will be there, and there are several teams interested in the two.

I wouldn't say screwed. Just because you may feel that a player isn't worth a 13 pick doesn't mean its the worst thing in the world. You then draft by need. Regardless of what happens, the team is NOT screwed at 13, its a great place to be drafting.

All trading up would do is assure that the team will give up multiple picks, which we are already very slim at and have many holes to fill, on an untested rookie.

All right, what guys will be there ate 13 that the skins cannot take and must trade down, that any team that you can cite wuold be willing to trade up a few picks for? I'm not sure anyone will be there.

Last years draft miscues are really catching up to us this year in my opinion. Dont get me wrong.....I have hopes for Kelly and Davis and really like both players as of right now...

But seriously guys....we had THREE second round picks! Those picks....if made by a competent GM should have been Devin Thomas, an OLB, and a DE or OT. Its that simple.....think about HOW MUCH EASIER this pick would be?? Its totally sickening to me that we were in a position to fill some major holes on this team with 3 second rounders and Vinny crapped the bed.

We either need to stay at 13 and draft a very good DE or OT or trade somewhat down to acquire more picks, so we can still draft a very good DE and OT. And I hope we are smart enough not to trade up to pick up Sanchez.

The best thing for us to do us trade down to the late first round and gain a second rounder. A team like the lions would love to trade with us. Then we could have a real draft.Maybe something along the lines of

1st. DE Michael Johnson

2nd. LB James Laurinitis

3rd. OT Alex Boone

If Johnson can be groomed into a LB/DE Hybrid, getting him in the late first and a OT in the second is ideal

Pass on Sanchez, but the OP is right. I've been saying this for weeks. This draft has talent 1-10, but 11-25 is marginal overpaid guys. Not to say they aren't good, but in a stronger draft, the guys taken in this area are more like 2nd rounders, but this year they'll be getting top dollar. If there's no way to move down, and despite Clayton saying there's interest, I highly doubt it's possible, I'd say move up and get OT or Orakpo.

How do you even know who's going 1-10? You're certain you have the top 10 picks? You know what? $ is not a concern for Snyder and even if this year's 11-25 are really 2nd rounders compared to other years, I'd rather have that 2nd rounder and our 3rd rounder than a 1st rounder, no 3rd and probably no something else. Can we find a starting RT, DE, or LB at #13? Probably. Hell, Tyson Jackson would start and he won't be around by our 3rd rd pick. Trade down or keep the pick.

If the guys this year slated for picks 11-25 are that mediocre, then I hope they trade back, even if it means getting less than fair value. Stock pile some picks for next year. I sure as hope they don't trade up giving up next years draft. That's just continuing with the epic failure that has haunted this franchise for the past decade.

Last years draft miscues are really catching up to us this year in my opinion. Dont get me wrong.....I have hopes for Kelly and Davis and really like both players as of right now...

But seriously guys....we had THREE second round picks! Those picks....if made by a competent GM should have been Devin Thomas, an OLB, and a DE or OT. Its that simple.....think about HOW MUCH EASIER this pick would be?? Its totally sickening to me that we were in a position to fill some major holes on this team with 3 second rounders and Vinny crapped the bed.

And taken who?

After our 48th pick (Davis), there wasn't an OL taken until #64 for a reason.

The only two DE's taken after the 48th in the second round were Quentin Groves and Calais Campbell, and neither of them had an impact at all this season.

And taken who?

After our 48th pick (Davis), there wasn't an OL taken until #64 for a reason.

The only two DE's taken after the 48th in the second round were Quentin Groves and Calais Campbell, and neither of them had an impact at all this season.

Davis, Kelly, nor Thomas really had an impact either. That doesnt mean they are busts. And thats not what im trying to say either. Im trying to say that was a numbskull of a move when they knew we had holes, and an aging offensive, and defensive line. And now we are forced to fill 3 holes with ONE pick.

All right, what guys will be there ate 13 that the skins cannot take and must trade down, that any team that you can cite wuold be willing to trade up a few picks for? I'm not sure anyone will be there.

Malcolm Jenkins and Knowshon Moreno. Both players are reportedly coveted by a few teams picking immediately after the 'Skins, and may move up to get them.

Next question...

This makes no sense to me. Just trade down, don't trade up just to trade up. We need a tackle and center, and we can get both of those in the second round. Get more picks since we're already NOT in the top 5. It makes no sense to give up next year to trade up this year when we don't know how badly we'll need that pick in 2010 (see second round, 2009).

Well said. We will all be complaining next year about the holes that need to be filled without any draft picks. Trade down, if can't sit tight.

We are totally screwed at 13. None of the players we want will be there. At 13, we will just be reaching for marginal players unless a decent prospect happens to fall. What is almost as worse, I dont see any player--except for Freeman, to whom a team might want to trade up for so we cant move down.

And you know this for sure how? Psychic? Tarot? Chicken bones? We need line help above all else. At 13, there should be one of the top 4 left. The teams that pick before us have more serious needs at the skill positions. I predict Sanchez will be taken by Seattle, San Fran or Denver.

What the Skins need to do is to trade up to 8 for the Jags and give them our 3rd rounder--we may have to toss in an extra pick next year depending on interest.

no more trading picks :chair: ... we can have one draft without making a splash and have all our picks next year

i couldn't disagree more. Smith, oher, orapko, ayers, or maualuga will be there when we pick. Moreover, we need those mid-round picks because we are need to plug a lot of holes. If anything, we should try to trade down to the bottom of the first round and pick up a guy like alex mack, maualuga, britton, etc. And get more mid-round picks.

amen !!

I find it funny that some of the Pro-trade for Jay Cutler are now saying no trading of picks :D Am I the only one? :D

I wanted Cutler because I think with him we could be a Super Bowl contender. The rest of the team is great to decent. The OL needs help but it could hold together for a year. Trading up to get Sanchez is different though. Sanchez is unproven. He started one season. No one knows how good he will be. I don't want the next Alex Smith. Cutler was proven so he would be worth the picks.

1st. DE Michael Johnson

2nd. LB James Laurinitis

3rd. OT Alex Boone

I could certainly live with those picks!

Archived