Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I think we need to trade up to 8 regardless because we are realy screwed at 13.

hitmandm

We are totally screwed at 13. None of the players we want will be there. At 13, we will just be reaching for marginal players unless a decent prospect happens to fall. What is almost as worse, I dont see any player--except for Freeman, to whom a team might want to trade up for so we cant move down.

What the Skins need to do is to trade up to 8 for the Jags and give them our 3rd rounder--we may have to toss in an extra pick next year depending on interest. Yes...I know we need that third rounder, but the next best thing is to offer next years second rounder and Im tired of not having a second rounder.

At 8, we will have one of these picks of Sanchez, Oher or Smith and Orakpo. Im fine getting any of these at 8.

To get the players we want, a third round pick is worth it. We should trade 13 to the Jags right now because we need to come out of this draft with Sanchez, Oher, Smith or Orakpo.

Pass on Sanchez, but the OP is right. I've been saying this for weeks. This draft has talent 1-10, but 11-25 is marginal overpaid guys. Not to say they aren't good, but in a stronger draft, the guys taken in this area are more like 2nd rounders, but this year they'll be getting top dollar. If there's no way to move down, and despite Clayton saying there's interest, I highly doubt it's possible, I'd say move up and get OT or Orakpo.

If they can't evaluate a decent talent at 13, what makes you think they'd make a good choice at 8?

that's not what he's saying. What he is saying is that the cards have to fall right for a top tier talent to fall to 13. Moving to 18 increases the odds that one of 4 players that are in that top 12 is there to pick.

Pass on Sanchez, but the OP is right. I've been saying this for weeks. This draft has talent 1-10, but 11-25 is marginal overpaid guys. Not to say they aren't good, but in a stronger draft, the guys taken in this area are more like 2nd rounders, but this year they'll be getting top dollar. If there's no way to move down, and despite Clayton saying there's interest, I highly doubt it's possible, I'd say move up and get OT or Orakpo.

JC will make 3 million this year. If we move up to take a QB its gonna cost a lot of money. And can this team ever have some sameness from the year before? Too many other holes.

The question that needs to be asked is this...

Is the difference in quality of player available at 8 and 13 that big that it's worth losing what we'd have to give up? (Probably our third, 5th, 6th at least - which is potentially a starter and two depth players). And the answer is no!!

JC will make 3 million this year. If we move up to take a QB its gonna cost a lot of money. And can this team ever have some sameness from the year before? Too many other holes.

I didn't say anything about taking a QB. I said, "pass on Sanchez". I don't like JC, and really wanted Cutler, but the cards fell, and we're stuck with JC for this year. Luckily next year is heavy with QBs. That's why if we do move up to get a OT or Orakpo, we can't give up next year's first.

This makes no sense to me. Just trade down, don't trade up just to trade up. We need a tackle and center, and we can get both of those in the second round. Get more picks since we're already NOT in the top 5. It makes no sense to give up next year to trade up this year when we don't know how badly we'll need that pick in 2010 (see second round, 2009).

This makes no sense to me. Just trade down, don't trade up just to trade up. We need a tackle and center, and we can get both of those in the second round. Get more picks since we're already NOT in the top 5. It makes no sense to give up next year to trade up this year when we don't know how badly we'll need that pick in 2010 (see second round, 2009).

I'd love to trade down, but I just find it highly unlikely that someone wants to move up to 13. It's a pretty bad pick.

It wouldn't be a bad idea if the Skins traded down IMO. I'd like them to pick up a LB and offensive lineman. For some reason though I just have a feeling that Maulugau from USC is gonna be a beast though. That kid has a motor that I like.

I couldn't disagree more. Smith, Oher, Orapko, Ayers, or Maualuga will be there when we pick. Moreover, we need those mid-round picks because we are need to plug a LOT of holes. If anything, we should try to trade down to the bottom of the first round and pick up a guy like Alex Mack, Maualuga, Britton, etc. and get more mid-round picks.

We ain't going nowheres. We will sit tight, and Maybin, or Ayers will be there. They are both players who can make an immediate impact. Hell, even Everette Brown will be there. We have our pick of three top tier defensive playmakers, why move at all?

I couldn't disagree more. Smith, Oher, Orapko, Ayers, or Maualuga will be there when we pick. Moreover, we need those mid-round picks because we are need to plug a LOT of holes. If anything, we should try to trade down to the bottom of the first round and pick up a guy like Alex Mack, Maualuga, Britton, etc. and get more mid-round picks.

No way that Andre Smith or Brian Orakpo is still available at 13. Some of the mock drafts that I'm seeing now have all four OT's gone by 10. Michael Oher's stock is on the rise big time. We may have to move up to go O-line or we will have to go DE or LB.

Archived