Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network Gone May 1st on Comcast

I_Bleed_B&G

I have comcast and when I'm watching NFL network, I see that Comcast will no longer offer NFL network on May 1st. I ****ing hate comcast! I can't wait for fios to be here within the next few months. Hopefully before NFL season

Comcast is crap! I don't understand why MLB Network is not part of the Sports Package. Last I checked, MLB is a SPORT! I wish I could get DirecTV. Comast is the worst!

I have comcast and when I'm watching NFL network, I see that Comcast will no longer offer NFL network on May 1st. I ****ing hate comcast! I can't wait for fios to be here within the next few months. Hopefully before NFL season

I dumped comcast because I got fed up with them. I like Direct TV so much more. I get a lot more for less money.

I wonder if It has anything to do that NFL network states that its supposed to be a free channel when Comcast charges for it. Comcast charges $5 to add the NFL channel along with a few other sports channels. I really can't wait for Fios. I would of done DirectTV but I live in a condo which doesn't face the southern sky. Plus I'd still have to use comcast for internet service which is like $60 just for that without cable. God I really wish Comcast was one of the companies that crashes and burns.

I would of done DirectTV but I live in a condo which doesn't face the southern sky. Plus I'd still have to use comcast for internet service which is like $60 just for that without cable.

You could do DSL if it's available. DSL plans usually run around $29/month. You probably wouldn't notice much speed difference.

I would of done DirectTV but I live in a condo which doesn't face the southern sky.

Does your roof face the southern sky? You could put a sat. dish up there. Homeowner associations will tell you that you are not allowed, but if you own it, yes you can. Apartments can't stop you either as long as you have a balcony facing the southern sky.

Anyone told that they can't have satellite TV, check out this site, you have OTARD on your side. http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/consumerdish.html

Im pissed that I have to switch from Cox to DirecTV just to get the football package..thats gotta change soon!!

If you are talking about Sunday Ticket that isn't changing any time soon. They just renewed it for another couple of years. But you may be able to get get it via internet if you can prove you cannot get directv. Of course that will cost $$$. The new thing I saw was that the redzone channel may be carried on other providers besides direct. But honestly I didn't follow the announcement that closely so all of this information could be wrong.

I'll have FIOS very soon, which i hear is standard with their TV service, no extra fees! w00t They ran the fiber optics on my street already and are finishing the neighborhood up.

I had FIOS installed just this past Friday and so far it's great. And yes the NFL Network is standard, just like ESPN, ESPN2 etc.

No more Comcast vs. The NFL drama.

The only thing that sucks is that I didn't opt for the Extreme package so I'm not getting the NHL Network which is awful timing considering the playoffs gear up in a week.

But overall I'm very pleased with FIOS so far.

Comcast is crap! I don't understand why MLB Network is not part of the Sports Package. Last I checked, MLB is a SPORT! I wish I could get DirecTV. Comast is the worst!

I hate Comcast too, and this is the final straw. DirectTV here I come.

MLB network isn't on my sports package, but I get it anyway.

~Bang

I have Fios (including NFLN), and it's pretty good...but they do have some sketchy billing practices. Watch your Verizon bills like a hawk before cutting a check to them each month. And just because some customer service person tells you that they've removed an incorrect charge from your account, don't assume that that incorrect charge won't reappear on your next bill. Those jokers can be a headache for sure.

seems like it will still be carried

--------------------------

Comcast and NFL Network Continue to Haggle

RICHARD SANDOMIR

Published: March 14, 2009

Comcast and the NFL Network have exchanged offers that would extend their deal beyond its April 30 expiration as they await a legal decision in their long-running distribution fight.

Last week, Comcast told the N.F.L. that it would extend the agreement and accept the ruling of an administrative law judge working for the Federal Communications Commission. Under the agreement, Comcast carries the NFL Network on its digital sports tier.

But the league responded Friday that it would extend the deal beyond April 30 if Comcast would move the network to a far broader digital tier that has nearly nine million subscribers and does not require an extra monthly fee, as the sports tier does.

The N.F.L. is insisting that the channel return to where Comcast carried it before the network added eight regular-season games and raised its monthly subscriber fee. That is the focus of the dispute in the F.C.C. and in a lawsuit in Manhattan Supreme Court. The league says Comcast has violated federal laws by relegating it to a sports tier.

Joe Browne, the league’s executive vice president for public affairs and communications, said, “Both sides have 45 days to reach an agreement for an extension or a new contract, or else the network will be removed by Comcast from its systems.”

He added, “We don’t believe it’s appropriate to limit the distribution of the NFL Network.”

But D’Arcy Rudnay, a Comcast spokeswoman, said: “We will not take it off the air unless the N.F.L. tells us to. That’s the trigger.”

^^^ Why would it be more expensive for the boxes ?

And I pay extra for Hi-Def, but I refuse to pay the 5 bucks extra for 5 channels (Smithsonian and a couple others). I pay the same 5 bucks for the boxes per month as I would with cable.

You pay $5/month for every box except for maybe the first which comes with your plan. I have 4 TV's so I'm paying $15 extra above my subscription plan cost. My direct bill is about $80 for 4 TV's with high def and dvr on one TV. Honestly I haven't had cable in 2 years so I don't know if that is higher or lower.

Dish lets you share one box between two TV's.

You pay $5/month for every box except for maybe the first which comes with your plan. I have 4 TV's so I'm paying $15 extra above my subscription plan cost. My direct bill is about $80 for 4 TV's with high def and dvr on one TV. Honestly I haven't had cable in 2 years so I don't know if that is higher or lower.

Dish lets you share one box between two TV's.

When I was still in DC I paid 5 bucks per box.

However, when you have to pay 50-200 bucks for a different receiver (even through DTV), you shouldn't have to pay the 5 bucks extra per month. I hate that I own 2-3 of my 5 boxes here and still have to pay the 5 bucks extra per box.

If you own the box, there should be no charge, since there is no recourse if it breaks. I pay ten bucks extra per month for HD but it applies to all of the boxes.

I hope to God something changes I love the NFL Network and in Salisbury I really do not have any other cable options...Comcast knows this so they told me if I was so unhappy to just cancel....they are totaly jerks about this kind of thing....I just want the nfl network there must be a petition or something

Archived