Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL Network Gone May 1st on Comcast

I_Bleed_B&G

We're v ery happy with our switch from Comcast to FIOS, much better signal quality and much lower cost.

FIOS does require a box for every TV with a monthly fee associated. That's not an issue for us as we only have two TVs connected but I know some folks who have a lot more and this would pump up the FIOS cost.

Please please PLEASE bring FIOS to Southern Calvert County! PLEASE!

When it comes to comparing the two companies, Verizon is like a breath of fresh air, and Comcast is like a dragon fart.

I have never in my life hated a company as much as I hate Comcast, and like RD421, they're the only game in town here, and they know it. They have absolutely NO respect for their subscribers, because they know our only other option is nothing.

I have NEVER, and I mean NEVER EVER had a positive experience with Comcast. Not once.

~Bang

Not sure if anyone has seen this before, but this is basically Verizon's Fios installation schedule for Maryland. It gets updated every month as where they are starting to dig and install Fios. Hopefully this helps some of you here as I hate comcast so much that I will do whatever to see them fail:

http://www22.verizon.com/about/community/md/broadband/construction_information.html

Directv isn't all roses either. The high def DVRS (HR2x) are slower than molasses. If you have multiple TV's it will be more expensive. But over all I'm happy with it and it was the only way to see the Skins in this waste land.

I have to agree with you on the speed of the HD DVR receiver.....AMAZINGLY slow. Frustrating at times. As soon as a new one comes out I will demand a replacement. The others are fine.

You pay $5/month for every box except for maybe the first which comes with your plan. I have 4 TV's so I'm paying $15 extra above my subscription plan cost. My direct bill is about $80 for 4 TV's with high def and dvr on one TV. Honestly I haven't had cable in 2 years so I don't know if that is higher or lower.

Dish lets you share one box between two TV's.

You should get 2 boxes with your basic package and pay for additional boxes after that. I'd call and make a stink about it. Be nice and mention switching to Dish Network and you might get some freebies.

Also, DirecTV can mirror a second tv off a box, it's just that the same thing will be on both tv's. Dish Net makes a box with 2 tuners in it that allows you to watch different channels on two tv's

You should get 2 boxes with your basic package and pay for additional boxes after that. I'd call and make a stink about it. Be nice and mention switching to Dish Network and you might get some freebies.

Also, DirecTV can mirror a second tv off a box, it's just that the same thing will be on both tv's. Dish Net makes a box with 2 tuners in it that allows you to watch different channels on two tv's

Thanks for the correction. I may be paying that ($10 more instead of $15). I'd have to go look more closely. I save my complaining for NFL season to get super fan for free.

honestly, I don't see them dropping NFL network. How can they drop something they already offered that so many people want. I can not offering NFL network if they never did to begin with but to take it away... I don't think so. Something will get worked out. But then again, I wouldn't put it past comcast

honestly, I don't see them dropping NFL network. How can they drop something they already offered that so many people want. I can not offering NFL network if they never did to begin with but to take it away... I don't think so. Something will get worked out. But then again, I wouldn't put it past comcast

There has been a blue ticker on the top of the screen for 2 weeks that says on may 1st comcast will no longer carry the nfl network sooo it looks legit to me...those *******ers

There has been a blue ticker on the top of the screen for 2 weeks that says on may 1st comcast will no longer carry the nfl network sooo it looks legit to me...those *******ers

yea I know, thats why I started this thread. What I'm saying is that something will probably get worked out between Comcast and NFL network. How will the comcast customers watch games on thursday?

yea I know, thats why I started this thread. What I'm saying is that something will probably get worked out between Comcast and NFL network. How will the comcast customers watch games on thursday?

Looks like if the Skins play on a thursday Im off to the Turtle...then to burn down my local comcast building....:evilg:

I wonder if It has anything to do that NFL network states that its supposed to be a free channel when Comcast charges for it. Comcast charges $5 to add the NFL channel along with a few other sports channels. I really can't wait for Fios. I would of done DirectTV but I live in a condo which doesn't face the southern sky. Plus I'd still have to use comcast for internet service which is like $60 just for that without cable. God I really wish Comcast was one of the companies that crashes and burns.

This is exactly why comcast is going to drop NFL Network. NFL Network wants there channel to be free for anyone who gets cable. Comcast wants to make money off of them. Comcast are some greedy b******s!!!!

:chair:

A local network usually picks the game up as well because not everyone has cable.

I have comcast and when I'm watching NFL network, I see that Comcast will no longer offer NFL network on May 1st. I ****ing hate comcast! I can't wait for fios to be here within the next few months. Hopefully before NFL season

Come on over to NFL friendly FiOS. :thumbsup:

This is exactly why comcast is going to drop NFL Network. NFL Network wants there channel to be free for anyone who gets cable. Comcast wants to make money off of them. Comcast are some greedy b******s!!!!

:chair:

The reason they are dropping them is because NFL Network overcharges cable companys. Why do you think all of the other major cable companys do not have NFL network with the exception of Cox? They charge more than any other channel and won't let the cable company charge people for it. NFL network wants companys to offer it in a tier.

Archived