Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell Nay-Sayers chew on this????(Merged)

skinsnut18231977

I keep hearing about all the stats, and Cutler's intagibles but has anyone addressed Campbell's shortfalls? Can anyone tell me another starting QB who basically has had to learn a new offense every offseason? Everyone knows consistency is a basic requirement. Where's his at? I'm not wearing hometeam blinders or anything else. I just want to know when does he get to keep the same playbook. Right now i'd say he was middle of the pack as far as starting QB's go. And i really don't feel he can get beyond that until the FO stops playing games. How much longer do you think Zorn is gonna be around? Yeah, if he doesn't get released by next off season the FO will be jumping at the next big name head coach. So if he's there then he'll be learning yet another offense. I honestly can't put too much blame on him. Be honest with yourself, who else in the NFL changes playbooks like socks on a rainy day?:dallasuck

I'm with you. I think many on this board have fallen off the deep end. They are not only convinced that Campbell is the worst QB in the NFL many of them seem to be longing for the days of Danny Weurfal. They seem to have created a fantasy and have exaggerated to such a degree that Jason is apocolyptically bad.

The level of rhetoric is just absurd.

If I'm not mistaken Cutler ran the west coast offense in Denver too, so 5 to 10 yard passes were a regular there as well.

Take it from someone who watches a lot of donkey games....NOT the same offense. Maybe Cutler is a better QB, but my argument against him all along has been his attitude. Cutler is a punk and I think he always will be. Watch him on the sidelines.

I remember MANY games where everyone on this board complained about our players attitudes, then they want to bring this creep in?

Some things go beyond talent. I'm not going to bring Jason even in to this, Cutler is and will be a cancer. He belongs in the class of TO.

Give the man a line to play behind and some consistency with the playbook and we'll see what he is about. The receivers have to step up as well. Randle El has a lot to do with Jason not doing that well, he absolutely sucks and hardly anybody ever gives him any crap.

I'm with you. I think many on this board have fallen off the deep end. They are not only convinced that Campbell is the worst QB in the NFL many of them seem to be longing for the days of Danny Weurfal. They seem to have created a fantasy and have exaggerated to such a degree that Jason is apocolyptically bad.

The level of rhetoric is just absurd.

Unfortunately, as a Campbell backer, I feel like this pro/anti Campbell talk has us drawing lines in the sand. It seems like whatever anybody's willing to say thats "pro" Campbell, the pros cheer and the anti's screan. ANd if the anti's say something against Campbell, the pro's scream and the anit's scream.

It really seems like reality means even less on Extremeskins now than ever before.

Unfortunately, as a Campbell backer, I feel like this pro/anti Campbell talk has us drawing lines in the sand. It seems like whatever anybody's willing to say thats "pro" Campbell, the pros cheer and the anti's screan. ANd if the anti's say something against Campbell, the pro's scream and the anit's scream.

It really seems like reality means even less on Extremeskins now than ever before.

Sad but true, it does feel exactly that way. The middle ground where we used to debate the pros and cons of a situation and both sides could learn a little/teach a little/agree on a lot seems to have shrunk drastically, and not just on this issue (although this is the schism du jour).

Those are good points. I like the thread. There's just one problem. Eli hasn't come into his own. He's still an average QB on a great team.

Which is what people can't comprehend. Regardless IF Campbell becomes a star or not, you can win with his style of play. It's called blocking.

Which is what people can't comprehend. Regardless IF Campbell becomes a star or not, you can win with his style of play. It's called blocking.

Exactly. There are simply not 32 Tom Bradys/Peyton Mannings out there, it is not possible to demand that from every QB in the league. Would it be great to find that? Oh hell yeah, but it is mandatory? Nope

Not sure if anyone mentioned this HUGE difference between cutler and campbell.....but that bonehead receiver named marshall is a nice asset for a qb. I'm not saying campbell is better than cutler at all.....I'm just saying you gotta look at the big picture. And yes, i'm a JC supporter.

Cutler player 8 games (yes, half the schedule) against teams in the bottom 8 defensively last year and the highest ranked defensive team he played was Tampa Bay at #9.

Campbell on the other hand played 8 games against the top 8 defenses in the league and 6 games against the top 4 (not including the skins D).

If you take those games Campbell played against the steelers, ravens, giants, etc. and substitute in multiple games against the Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers (surprisingly ranked #25 defensively last year) I'm sure his stats would look much more comparable to Cutlers.

Well we sure will find out this year, we play that division

Oh, let's bring in Cutler's 2007 stats just for the hell of it.

G  	GS  	Comp  	Att  	Pct  	Yds  	Avg  	TD  	Int  	Sck  	SckY  	Rate
16  	 16  	297  	467  	63.6  	3,497  	7.5  	20  	14  	27  	153  	88.1  	4

And who he had to throw to:

Player  	 Rec  	 Yds  	 Yds/Rec  Long  TD
Brandon Marshall 102 	1325 	13.0 	68 	7
Tony Scheffler 	 49 	549 	11.2 	41 	5
Brandon Stokley  40 	635 	15.9 	58 	5
Selvin Young 	 35 	231 	6.6 	24 	0
Javon Walker 	 26 	287 	11.0 	24 	0
Daniel Graham 	 24 	246 	10.3 	28 	2
Glenn Martinez 	 14 	175 	12.5 	23 	0
Cecil Sapp 	 14 	51 	3.6 	16 	1
Travis Henry 	 7 	65 	9.3 	21 	0
Chad Mustard 	 5 	62 	12.4 	15 	0
Nate Jackson 	 3 	34 	11.3 	24 	1
Andre Hall 	 2 	69 	34.5 	65 	0
Mike Bell 	 1 	7 	7.0 	7 	0

I would like Campbell to have a higher average, of course.

The point was about sacks, not INTs. All good TD throwing Qb's throw alot of interceptions.

lets just check this out by going down the list of QBs that threw for more TDs then cutler, by your reasoning they should all have more INTs then Cutler

Drew Brees had 9 more TD and 1 less INTs

Philip Rivers had 9 more TD and 7 less INTs

Kurt Warner had 5 more TD and 4 less INTs

Aaron Rodgers had 3 more TD and 5 less INTs

Peyton Manning had 2 more TD and 6 less INTs

Tony Romo sits to pee had 1 more TD and 4 less INTs

all those guys had more TDs then cutler last year and in some cases allot less INTs, so i would say you are wrong

the eyeball test?

:rotflmao:

sorry but most don't know what they are seeing, or (more likely) see only what they want to see

and as far as the darts in the redzone Cutler threw, you may want to get some glasses because Campbell was far more efficient inside the opponent's 20 yard line

Cutler

cutler.png

Campbell

camp.png

and remember as pointed out above, Cutler faced far inferior defenses all season

THANK YOU!

STFU for all that wanted Cutler... he is just a whiny crying biatch...:hysterical:

and as far as the darts in the redzone Cutler threw, you may want to get some glasses because Campbell was far more efficient inside the opponent's 20 yard line

Cutler

cutler.png

Campbell

camp.png

I was for the Cutler move until I crunched his redzone stats.

17td 4 int looks pretty good until I realized 12 of his 17 Red Zone TDs were thrown to 5 seperate targets 6'2 or larger.

1 to Peyton Hills, FB (6-2, 250)

1 to Nate Jackson, TE (6-3, 235)

5 to Brandon Marshall, WR (6-4, 230)

3 to Daniel Graham, TE (6-3, 257)

2 to Tony Scheffler, TE (6-5, 250)

I dont think we have the personnel to allow Cutler reproduce those kinds of numbers. Let me qualify that. We have Cooley, Thomas, Kelly, and Davis (and I guess you could put Sellers and Yoder on there). But outside of Cooley, none of those other players really got on the field or into the offense last year. Who knows if Thomas will ever earn his way into the RZ packages, who knows if Davis would ever get into that Mutli TE package, who knows if Kelly can even play? Too many questions for too steep a price for a player of which I dont know their true RZ capabilities for my liking.

Id rather keep the resources that would have been burned on Cutler and pour them into the rest of the team.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/11588497/rss

Clark Judge wrote a very succinct, factual article about Campbell. I dont think anyone disagrees the way Campbell handled this Cutler situation was just about flawless, but there is one blurb that many of us directly relate to, and many others feel the exact opposite.

People close to the Redskins tell me he needs to play more consistently and be more of a leader, but tell me what he did wrong the first half of last season. He won six of eight games, didn't throw an interception, completed 66 percent of his passes and had a passer rating of 104.2. I'd say that was pretty consistent.

Of course, it all unraveled the second half, but the downward spiral wasn't all about Campbell. The offensive line lost was riddled with injuries, with the Redskins losing both their starting tackles. Star running back Clinton Portis was hurt, too. And Zorn put the heat on Campbell, having him memorize more of the playbook.

Result: Washington lost six of its last eight, and Campbell fizzled with the rest of the club.

This is the most concise, accurate view of the Redskins 2008 season and Jason Campbell that Ive ever seen from the national media, of course in my opinion. My question to the Campbell haters...do you agree with this? What are your thoughts, specifically on the first paragraph and how does that factor into your feelings about Campbell?

I think the biggest beef with the whiners is that Cambell does not throw a ton of INTs. But when you have a running game, you do not necessarily need to throw TD's. Sure it is awesome, but when your running game is your primary offense, how the hell can you expect the QB to throw a ton of TD's?

It didn't help that Jason got sacked so much last year. The sacks can be attributed to many things but the most glaring issues were the fact that Moss was usually always double teamed and the other WR's could not manage to get open. And then the line was horrible with pass blocking. Now, if the WR's could get open, the line wouldn't have to block as long and then Jason wouldn't have to hold on to the ball so long and deal with guys trying to rip his head off.

Yes, the QB is always the most scrutinized, but look at the larger folks. Football is a team sport and if one guy does not do his job, how can the other guy do his job? Imagine if the line sucked at run blocking. Would you all be saying that Portis sucks? Most likely. Yes, good players make good plays when it counts but I would like to see Peyton Manning or Tom Brady come and make some passes in Jason's situation. I think the results would be similar to Jason's.

Fact is, Jason has 1 year left on his contract and the guy is working his ass off. He deserves this year to prove that he is worth a new contract. If he fails, then we continue our search. If he succeeds, I hope he continues to improve and take us to a Super Bowl. We could be a lot worse off. We could have Tarvaris Jackson. :doh:

Cutler player 8 games (yes, half the schedule) against teams in the bottom 8 defensively last year and the highest ranked defensive team he played was Tampa Bay at #9.

Campbell on the other hand played 8 games against the top 8 defenses in the league and 6 games against the top 4 (not including the skins D).

If you take those games Campbell played against the steelers, ravens, giants, etc. and substitute in multiple games against the Raiders, Chiefs and Chargers (surprisingly ranked #25 defensively last year) I'm sure his stats would look much more comparable to Cutlers.

Another LAME excuse for defending JC's pitiful numbers. Let's all hold hands and defend our 13 td throwing qb.:doh: Do you want to know just how wrong you are. Take a look at the games against some of the worst D's in the league that JC played against last year. Cleveland,Detroit,St.Louis, Bungles and 49ers. Guess how many tds boy wonder had in all these games COMBINED?!

4 Touchdowns!

Are you sure his numbers would have looked better? All of this spinning is making me dizzy.

Archived