Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Pro - Jason Campbell won't ever get it done in Washington

CHUBAKAH

Positive Attributes to JC: Accurate on the full range of throws. Great deep ball. Tall and can see the entire field. Possesses the ability to run, combine this with his height and he is even more dangerous. Flexible, has the ability to move from system to system well. Hardly tosses the ball up for grabs.

Really? First, one of the main excuse for JC's mediocre play is the switching from system to system, so I don't know how that figures in.

Second, JC does not see the whole feild. That is one of his biggest flaws.

Third, Accurate throws/great deep balls??? What guy have you been watching. Even the passes that are not ten feet above the receivers or in the dirt that are catchable usually are short. Moss, Cooley, even ARE and Thrash have to stop their routes and WAIT for the passes, or run back to them. If JC was so accurate, he would have easily thrown at least five more touchdowns. Just watch the first Dallas game from last season. Twice in that game, Moss had to hold up for the ball, but would have scored if JC would have thrown it to him in stride on time.

I was a HUGE advocate of removing Brunell from the helm, and making Jason the starter. I mean what could it have hurt, he couldn't have been any worse right?

Two years later I'll say why he hasn't been any worse than Brunell was, it hasn't been much of an improvement. He still makes the same mistakes over and over again, and seems to constantly miss the open receiver from staring at covered guys. Holds the ball too long. Fumbles the ball a lot from hits, etc. etc...

Sure, the O line was in shambles last season, and the WR's didn't give him much help either, but do you think Jason even has the tools to be a HOF QB in this league?

the bold part is the only real part i disagree with. he worked on the fumble thing and did really well holding onto the ball last season.

now the rest of it like holding the ball and staring down receivers, yes, still does that.

Campbell finished his 3rd year, albeit not his third complete year. But factor in his seasons on the bench (Brees was thrown to the wolves) and I don't think its a good comparison.

Brees spent his rookie year on the bench.

http://www.nfl.com/players/drewbrees/profile?id=BRE229498

And Campbell has only had 2 full years as the starter (not even, because he got injured in 07). Brees and Campbell's careers are quite similar.

learn something new, I thought Brees started his rookie season.

Maybe its a fair comparison. Good, Campbell might magically stop sucking so much ass. I hope that his career continues to mirror Brees, and doesn't take the fork in the road after the several seasons of suck

I've been a staunch supporter of JC, but I am hoping we can land Cutler. The game does not overwhelm Cutler and seems slower to him overall than it does JC. There is no comparison. Cutler is head and shoulders better than JC IMO and this is move we need to make. I also think JC will land on his feet whenever he goes and wish him the best. A change of scenery would do him good.

The Skins are gonna blow it BIG TIME!

I will be seriously upset with the organization if they take a beating on a Jay Cutler trade.

Which we all know they will..

I mean, if they threw two 1st round picks out there for a 30 year old attantion whore of a WR last offseason, I am absolutely DREADING to find out what Dan is willing to part with for a young QB.

I am praying that this does not happen!

Because if it doesnt.. Then the writing is on the wall for Campbell and Colt can snatch the starting job in the preseason.

Come on COLT!!

I have no faith in Campbell anymore, but I really don't think that Cutler is the answer either, I would really have no problem drafting a QB at 13 if he is worth it, letting them sit for a year and giving Campbell the boot after this upcoming season.

Really? First, one of the main excuse for JC's mediocre play is the switching from system to system, so I don't know how that figures in.

Second, JC does not see the whole feild. That is one of his biggest flaws.

Third, Accurate throws/great deep balls??? What guy have you been watching. Even the passes that are not ten feet above the receivers or in the dirt that are catchable usually are short. Moss, Cooley, even ARE and Thrash have to stop their routes and WAIT for the passes, or run back to them. If JC was so accurate, he would have easily thrown at least five more touchdowns. Just watch the first Dallas game from last season. Twice in that game, Moss had to hold up for the ball, but would have scored if JC would have thrown it to him in stride on time.

Sure he's accurate, when the WR is WIDE open. He is careful with the football. JC needs a young dominant OL to be successful. He's holding the ball to process his reads. That is why ALL the WR's are coming back or waiting.

You still cheering for Jason Taylor? Watch reruns of Dancing With the Stars.

You have mi amigo. :)

Like you, I wanted JC in because Brunell was done physically.

Unlike you, I would like to Colt get a shot just to actually see what he has/can do against a few first string defenses. Sidearm or not, I've liked what little I saw of him in preseason last year. He made drives & scored TDs.

BUT I like what Cutler brings to the table. He's like a proven version of what Colt's potential could be. I think that's the best way I can describe it.

Agreed :D

Campbell was the perfect qb for Joe Gibbs style Redskins smashmouth football.The WCO is asking of him strengths/abilities he does not posess. It's unfair to the team,the fans and to Jason. I, too would love to see Colt take actual NFL first team snaps. I watched him at UH and I am a believer. If Cutler does become a Redskin what does that mean for Colt? Career back-up without the chance of proving what he can do outside of a preseasoon game or two? I like Cutler as a qb (not thrilled about his antics of late.) I think he could come in and make a difference. I just dont want the F.O to sell their souls to the devil to land Cutler. Giving up 1st round draft picks ,or trading Cooley,Landry or Carlos would not be worth it to me.(Is Garcia still available?) If it were Cutler for Campbell straight up and maybe a 3rd maybe 4th round draft pick NEXT YEAR would be cool.Otherwise I 'd rather sit through the last year of Campbell and hope that Colt is being groomed,and prepared to go next year.

If we want a new QB, lets get Mark Sanchez at 13. He is cheaper, fresher, and way more stable personality wise. This Jay Cutler trade crap is a ****ing stupid way to get a QB.

He's also unproven at this level.

I saw the thread pro Cutler, and an anti Cutler.

How about a thread about mixed feeling on that choice, however you feel Jason Campbell will never get it done in Washington?

I was a HUGE advocate of removing Brunell from the helm, and making Jason the starter. I mean what could it have hurt, he couldn't have been any worse right?

Two years later I'll say why he hasn't been any worse than Brunell was, it hasn't been much of an improvement. He still makes the same mistakes over and over again, and seems to constantly miss the open receiver from staring at covered guys. Holds the ball too long. Fumbles the ball a lot from hits, etc. etc...

Sure, the O line was in shambles last season, and the WR's didn't give him much help either, but do you think Jason even has the tools to be a HOF QB in this league?

I'm on the fence, but leaning towards change.

I also feel Colt is not the answer.

Thoughts?

No flaming allowed!

:evilg:<-advocate

1st off Jason did show improvement last year. This team like right now has never shown consistency in sticking with their plans. I mean if you've researched something and decided to go with it, why not see it through? Instead they love picking up another teams' players. I keep seeing that Campbell hasn't shown improvement which isn't true but lets play devils advocate and say he hasn't. What team would draft a QB, and have 4 different systems in 4 years and expect improvement? I'd like to know what team or player has done it that way? Its a stupid expectation. Even if there was someone to do it which it hasn't then you'd have an exception and not the rule.

1st off Jason did show improvement last year. This team like right now has never shown consistency in sticking with their plans. I mean if you've researched something and decided to go with it, why not see it through? Instead they love picking up another teams' players. I keep seeing that Campbell hasn't shown improvement which isn't true but lets play devils advocate and say he hasn't. What team would draft a QB, and have 4 different systems in 4 years and expect improvement? I'd like to know what team or player has done it that way? Its a stupid expectation. Even if there was someone to do it which it hasn't then you'd have an exception and not the rule.

I agree...Campbell did show improvement, albeit slight, last season.

You have mi amigo. :)

Like you, I wanted JC in because Brunell was done physically.

Unlike you, I would like to Colt get a shot just to actually see what he has/can do against a few first string defenses. Sidearm or not, I've liked what little I saw of him in preseason last year. He made drives & scored TDs.

BUT I like what Cutler brings to the table. He's like a proven version of what Colt's potential could be. I think that's the best way I can describe it.

TK How do you think Jason will act with the team treating him like this? From what I read Mcdanials wants a QB he can mold. So he does not want JC. This has to affect Jason some way.

Seems a lot of you are bringing Cutler in to this topic, which it is not intended for. There are several other threads to go in and talk about that of which I have entered zero. I really don't have an opinion on him, nor does what I think matter in this thread.

This is about Jason Campbell, and whether or not you think he can get it done.

For the one person that did not understand what that means, it means play 60 minutes of football close to error free.

I honestly see Jason going the way of Redskin QBs when they leave here, that is becoming a backup, and/or making their way quietly out of the league.

Only Trent Green and Brad Johnson became full-time NFL Starters, Tony Banks started here and there, but those are the only 3 i can think of that had "it".

Ramsey left here and tried to be a starter in NY, but it didnt happen. Now he might not even play this year. Brunell was spent physically, and left here to become a backup in N.O. (Where he has done quite well)

I just can't see where Jason would be worth a 1st or 2nd rd. pick. I always imagined him being a conditional 3rd rounder, if he were ever to be traded...

For the one person that did not understand what that means, it means play 60 minutes of football close to error free.

I'd settle for winning the majority of his games

Seems a lot of you are bringing Cutler in to this topic, which it is not intended for. There are several other threads to go in and talk about that of which I have entered zero. I really don't have an opinion on him, nor does what I think matter in this thread.

No I do NOT think JC can get it done running the WCO.

I was the one that wanted to know what it means. So you'd be happy with a QB that doesn't turn the ball over, even if that doesn't mean more wins? Campbell had 11 INTs and 5 fumbles in 2007, with him as the starter we were 5-7. In 2008, He had 6 INTs and 1 fumble, we went 8-8. So he cut down on turnovers but our record wasn't any better. He had 12 TDs in 2007 through 12 full games. He had 13 TDs last year in 16 games. So he cut down on turnovers, but he didn't throw more TDs because of it. So not having turnovers is all well and good, but if you aren't scoring more because of it, what does that show?

I was the one that wanted to know what it means. So you'd be happy with a QB that doesn't turn the ball over, even if that doesn't mean more wins? Campbell had 11 INTs and 5 fumbles in 2007, with him as the starter we were 5-7. In 2008, He had 6 INTs and 1 fumble, we went 8-8. So he cut down on turnovers but our record wasn't any better. He had 12 TDs in 2007 through 12 full games. He had 13 TDs last year in 16 games. So he cut down on turnovers, but he didn't throw more TDs because of it. So not having turnovers is all well and good, but if you aren't scoring more because of it, what does that show?

So you quote a section of text I post, but you don't read the whole thing.

Good job youngin!

So you quote a section of text I post, but you don't read the whole thing.

Good job youngin!

What did I miss? I didn't talk about Cutler in that reply which you didn't want anyway. I was replying to your part about me not understand what you meant by "getting it done". Why should I include your whole post in the quote if I was only answering one part of it?

Archived