Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Busted For Tampering By Their Own Player?

RedskinsFanInTX

Evil Genius is right. There is nothing against an agent getting feelers for who may be interested in their guy. I can see Haynesworth agent going to dinner with Snyder and saying would you have an interest in Haynesworth if he hits the market. Sure Synder said he would be a player. They can't discuss a specific contract, but sure his agent said this what we're looking for. Then afterwards Synder has his cap guys go to work to see if we can make it happen if opportunity presents itself. This isn't tampering, just business.

I guess what I was getting at why talk aobut something that is really none of his concern I didnt know Rock was 3rd in charge

He sure is 3rd in charge...of rushing the football. Actually, maybe even 4th behind Sellers, especially goal-line. :doh: You're right, why these guys say these things is beyond me. Of course, I don't think there's anything overly shady going on, so his comment is probably innocent anyway.

Wow if people are being serious, a lot of people are OVERREACTING...this is nothing to be concerned about at all.

Pretty much.

Just FYI - the rules of evidence do not apply in Goodell's world. It's not a courtroom. There is no burden of proof. Goodell can listen to hearsay and whatever else and make a ruling.

He probably won't, though.

But if I hooked everyone here up to a lie detector, I am willing to bet everyone BELIEVES we tampered. Because we are going to get away with it does not mean it did not happen.

What a wasted thread. They have the word of ROCK CARTWRIGHT? Come on! Why do any of you bring up stupid threads like this? I see this and other threads about how this team is going to get investigated by the Titans because when asked the response was yeah that is a possibility. If the Titans were serious about taking action they would have done that by now and ESPN, NFL Network, and every other anti-Redskins media outlet would be broadcasting the Titans pursuit of retribution because of tampering. There was no tampering that can be proven other than two players that have the same agent that talked about the other becoming teammates. The agent of Haynesworth's job is to see what the level of interest for his client is and numbers are discussed by teams and said agent all the time before Free Agency is started as long as no contract has been offered or agreed upon before the start of Free Agency. The Titans aren't pursuing tampering charges because they gave Haynesworth and his agent the nod to test FA. So Rock saying that he wasn't surprised and had heard from teammates that he was going to become a Redskins doesn't mean there was any tampering by the Front Office. This thread and other ones on this topic are just that. Talk by none informed fans that believe what the media takes and twists it to make a story out of nothing.

Just a Question but what is the highest penalty for tampering. Would they ever take away a day 1 pick??? I know NBA draft the T'wolves had like 3 first rounders or something taken away from them for tampering in FA with Joe Smith.

And the STUPID award goes to...........................

It's a TIE!

We have Daniel Snyder for dining with the agent in public right before Free Agency!

And Rock Cartwright for saying anything close to what he said on the radio!

If we loose draft picks over this, these two are to blame. The Redskins didn't do anything more than any other team and yet we are so bad at hiding it, the Titans want blood.

Stupid quote, Vinny said they polled the team on whether to go after haynesworth. So clearly everyone knew we wanted to get him, and when Do the skins NOT get a guy they target with a lot of cash? We don't need to Tamper, the mere move to Danny's wallet got haynesworth ;)

The point is, do you have to flaunt it? Wouldn't he know that the media would be dying to print that, and that it would start massive rumors?

Even if it was totally innocent (yeah right), it looks bad.

He flaunted it? Did he call up the media and have a presser at the restaurant to announce it?

Just FYI - the rules of evidence do not apply in Goodell's world. It's not a courtroom. There is no burden of proof. Goodell can listen to hearsay and whatever else and make a ruling.

He probably won't, though.

But if I hooked everyone here up to a lie detector, I am willing to bet everyone BELIEVES we tampered. Because we are going to get away with it does not mean it did not happen.

I'd think that if he did that the Skins and Snyder or even the players union could initiate some sort of legal matter against him.

Lets examine the theory that Rock meant he knew the Redskins and Haynesworth had talked.

How did Rock know? Rock says he knew because a player and AH have the same agent, and that "he" said "they" talked. If the talk was between the Skins and the agent/AH, the Skins certainly wouldn't have told any of the players they talked. So that means it would have been the agent that told the other player(I believe Kelly) that he and the Skins talked about AH, and then Kelly told Rock? Just doesnt seem right.

Its not much to go on yet, but remember, people and teams have been Goodelled for less.

Archived