Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Have you ever been with anybody famous?

MissU28

Hell, I believe it, this one trounces my Elimidate chick. Honest question, was it any different, at least mentally, since she was famous? Kind of a "Holy ****" surreal thing?

Asking you since you've dropped the most famous name so far.

I'd probably call her Britney while I was gettin in it

Actually, this reminds me...my high school had a lot of children of congressmen in it. When I was a senior, I attempted to stick a freshman kid in a locker, though he wouldn't fit. He was the son of a Representative from Texas.

We were friends, for those wondering, it was all in fun, but he was a freshman and needed to fit into a locker. I was assisting him in fulfilling this duty.;)

I got suspended for the first 15 minutes of a scrimmage on my Varsity Soccer team in high school my Sr. year for locking one of our freshman players in the locker.......He fit though...haha

wasn't much of a punishment....well worth it.

My coach told me it was conduct unbecoming of a captain.

And not to derail the thread or anything, but I just don't get the awe our society has for "celebs." I don't get how people are in awe of other people who happen to be famous. Furthermore, I don't get how people think they are in a lower league than a celeb just because they don't have the noteriety the celeb posesses. Celebs are just the same as us.

They are not the same as us. Because of the notoriety they have, they get a much larger pool of people to pick from so when they choose you, it makes you feel that much better about yourself. Plus its better bragging rights to your friends if everyone knows them. They are also a lot harder to get noticed by because you dont run into them every day and its not like most people can just walk up to them at a bar.

That being said, I have not gotten with anyone famous and was never really worried about trying. Would have been a good story though.

And not to derail the thread or anything, but I just don't get the awe our society has for "celebs." I don't get how people are in awe of other people who happen to be famous. Furthermore, I don't get how people think they are in a lower league than a celeb just because they don't have the noteriety the celeb posesses. Celebs are just the same as us.

Yeah I'm the same.

The only "celebrity" I'd like to be with is one that doesn't seek celebrity at all, I guess. "Seeking celebrity" is on my list of pathetic ways to spend time - but it's just my personal opinion.

That said, are celebs just the same as us? Do you believe that?

I'm not sure you can say that, really. That's why they're celebrities. Do you think you could go to LA and just be in a movie? Sure, for some, luck and family connections play a role (that's the case for many things). But for many, talent comes into play, and not everyone has that. Also, for many, being exceptionally good looking or at least camera friendly also has a role, and again, they are in a high-tier for this.

The question is, do you value the things that made person X a celebrity. Maybe you'd gush over a poet laureate, who is a celebrity of sorts - but obviously a different kind.

I met a GUY in Panama who claimes he hit Jeremy Shocky. :yikes:Not with his fist either.

I know a few men who have dated Ron Jaworski.

Remember the "shrinkage" episode of Seinfeld? The Brunette? Well, she was my Yoga instructor last night.

The closest to hooking up with a celebrity I have come is with a top Roller Girl or a Pin Up model.

mjah - Sloppy seconds? Ha! This was 5 years ago. Not 15.

:silly:

I was just playing off the fact that I was her first -- so by definition, everyone else showed up second.

I had to phrase the last part of that sentence very carefully.

i dated this girl that was a 99% clone of rachel bilson.

and an ex of mine from way back in 99 or 2000 got mono from mark mcgrath of sugar ray back before i met her. when she was like a sophomore in high school actually.

A friend of mine made out with Dave Matthews. No disease exchange however.

I work as a bell hop at Dulles airport and this pretty chick with a west indian accent who appeared to have been beaten by her boyfriend had a nice conversation with me. Next thing her flight got delayed and we had lunch together. She started crying about the abuse she went through the night before and we end up banging in the back of my expedition. The next day i am watching E news and it turns out that I smashed off Rihanna!! True story.

They are not the same as us. Because of the notoriety they have, they get a much larger pool of people to pick from so when they choose you, it makes you feel that much better about yourself.

If it takes a celebrity "choosing" a person to feel good or better about themselves, then they have some underlying self-esteem issues there. These celebs are no more special than anyone else.

Plus its better bragging rights to your friends if everyone knows them.

Yeah that's one of those "macho" guy things I'll never understand.

That said, are celebs just the same as us? Do you believe that?

I'm not sure you can say that, really. That's why they're celebrities. Do you think you could go to LA and just be in a movie?

Sure I can say that, they have a job that's more public than a normal person's job. I know I can't go to Hollywood and be in a movie, not that I'd ever want to anyway. But they can't walk over to where I'm at and do my job. Celebs and the non-celeb people both have jobs where they utilize their knowledge and talent in that particular field. No job is better than the other job in my opinion.

The question is, do you value the things that made person X a celebrity. Maybe you'd gush over a poet laureate, who is a celebrity of sorts - but obviously a different kind.
I highly doubt America's obsession with Hollywood and groupies who follow celebs are doing so because they admire their talent. I don't have an stats to back this up, but I'm fairly confident I'm right.

Archived