Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Nightmare

DGREENHULK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I EXPECT us to get 10+ wins, but I hope to be NFC East div champs and superbowl ring. I think with the talent we have accrued we are on the verge of being there. This season zorn will have no excuses for play calling or shuffling people off the field every other play invoking delays of game. On paper, we are dominant. We need to play that way.

I like your mindset...we're leaning into the same wind on this one......but one doesn't lead the other. they walk hand in hand.

I agree with this.

We haven't had either in quite a while. So let's hope both things come to us this season.

To get the offense to score more than 15 points a game.

Wow, that was easy...they scored over 16 ppg last season! ;)

Its nice how this is not an unbiased poll. There's no option for 3-13.

Who in their right mind would have 3-13 in their expectations for Zorn with this kind of talent? I think you are getting "predictions" and "expectations" confused. :)

I voted for above .500, but that's more by default.

I fully expect more of the same as last year, around .500, maybe's 9/10 wins if the ball bounces our way, maybe's under .500 if it doesn't.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with the FA moves to date, even if I still do have some reservations about putting SO much stock in one player, but a great defense ultimately won't mean jack when we have an offense that can't score for ****, with no signs to date things are going to change.

Some may say this is a pessimistic view, others, a realistic one, but let's look at the facts:

Besides the fact we have, going on his career to date, a very average pro QB, who, entering his 5th year, has shown little signs he ever going to be much more than that; a kicking game that costs us crucial points WAY more than it actually gains them; and a HC who stubbornly refuses the need to change things that plainly aren't working and get fresh help and ideas in; we've not had an 11 win or better season since the last Lombardi in '91.

That's now pushing 18 years, with a "magnificent" TWO double win season's, and only 5 in that time span of 9 wins or more.

That's without even considering our "outstanding" playoff record of TWO playoff wins from a "whopping" 5 games.

And some of y'all have been talking Super Bowl since we signed big Albert. :doh:

It's gona' take a whole lot more evidence than a big DT to have me believe were moving in the right direction again to be considered a serious contender.

But then as STB21 said, maybe's the outlook will look different when FA and the draft is over, and we know what were taking into camp and then pre-season.

Hail.

I would hope we improve. I'll reserve final judgment until I see how they shore up the o-line through the draft and beyond, but I'm optimistic for 10 wins.

I will agree though..no playoffs will mean that Commander Zorn and JC are done in this town.

I think we have to be better than 500 or Zorn is fired. You dont spend the money we just spent on 3 players just not to make the playoffs that is just not acceptable. If Zorn cant get our rookies up to speed and we dont start scoring more points he is gone! We had a top 5 D last year and did not make the playoffs that all falls on the hands of our head coach and O cordinator.

So your expectations are 3-13?

Nah, but there are a variety of opinions here and the poll doesn't allow us to reflect them all. I think we're an average team, and I'd probably predict 8-8 right now cause I dont see us being too much better than last year right now. But thats not an option in the poll either.

Kind of a useless thread, but if there was an "other category" I think all of us would like to see a top five defense across the board: Points, passing, rushing. That would be, in lieu of actually WINNING games, a nice metric to evaluate offseason maneuvering.

Now, before anyone jumps down my throat, I get it, and exceptionally executed defense will translate into wins and that's most important, yadadadadada. But, I want the Skins defense to be on par with PITT's next year. If they can't put up any points, who can complain? They have yet to do **** really to address that deficiency.

Therefore, my expectations are as follows: Rushing D: 5 Passing D: 3 Scoring D: 3

Period.

4 games were lost this year by 1 score or less - a few plays more could mean 10, 11, 12 wins

Defense should be tighter and force more Turnovers.

Offensively the RZ woes have to stop. Until the offense gets effective inside the 20s, this might get frustrating. Yes, the offense sputtered in the 2nd half the season, but even then, we got into the RZ enough to change games, just didnt get the job done.

Untill those rooks get in there, that might not happen. Theyve got to come in harder than last year. Kelly is at the park now, working. Thomas is down with Moss training. Maybe that will help them

Z has to bring it like he did in the first half the season and go downfield enough. This all underneath with the occasional deep look will not suffice. In the RZ, Portis runs, or no one runs.

Campbells gotta get more comfortable with the looks and nuances of this particular offense. Id like to see him leave the pocket more. He tends to force plays like hell go through his reads and go back rather than break out and scramble. Id like to see him adopt a Jeff Garcia type 1st look, 2nd look, maybe 3rd, then scramble for yards.

We all know about the protection woes, I wont go into that. We just need another tackle to take the burden off Samuels to be on an island constantly

Nah, but there are a variety of opinions here and the poll doesn't allow us to reflect them all. I think we're an average team, and I'd probably predict 8-8 right now cause I dont see us being too much better than last year right now. But thats not an option in the poll either.

Your right I should have expanded the options. It was my 1st poll so your and everyone's feedback is great. I did get a snap shot of what the majority of the ES users who posted think... 10 wins is a solid expectation....not sure if anything less than 10 wins saves Zorn.

Archived