Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zorn's Nightmare

DGREENHULK

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I think the FA acquisitions so far don't put any extra stress on Zorn because our D is still going to be top 5. I don't believe Dockery is a HUGE upgrade except for the fact that he's younger and can be around longer. If we pick up a stud OT in the draft and a LB to replace Marcus THEN I'll say he's in trouble. But I think we were all in agreement that even before FA occurred that if Zorn didn't hit the playoffs then he and JC were gone.

Isn't there already another thread on this?

That being said, anything less than the playoffs, whatever the seed/record is grounds for dismissal. Though if things are on the up and up, and the team shows signs of improvement (most importantly JC), maybe 9-7 or a 10-6 non-playoff team would be acceptable. But anything 8-8 or less, sure thing he's gone.

No excuses now, that's for sure. If its another 8-8 or 7-9 season, Zorn and JC are to blame and will be held accountable. No doubt in my mind.

Don't be foolish. Excuses will be made.

My expectations would have to be an offense that can actually make an opposing team pay for a turnover.

I'd like for us to start like we started 2008 and keep it going for more than half a season. At the very least I hope we do one game better at 9-7. Either way, I'm not convinced we're built for a SB run yet. I might change my mind after the draft and pre-season.

There are definately gonna be excuses. How quickly will Haynesworth pick up the system? Will Taylor be effective as a LDE or LB? Will our offense be able to score points? How good will the other teams be? Who will get hurt? Who will we draft? etc etc,

Its way too early for this stuff.

With our strength of schedule, or lack there of, it isn't out of the realm to expect the Skins to be able to win the division. Injury can change everything of course. But all things being equal the Skins are just as talented as the rest of the division. I stated several times last offseason that our biggest achilles heel will be that our offense would be crippled learning a new system yet again. This year we don't have that handicap to go along with our FA upgrades. Our two WRs drafted in '08 stepping up this year also is a must.

Shouldn't we be able to wait for the rest of FA and the draft to have to answer this?

You didn't get the memo? We're always 1 player away from a Lombardi. This year Haynesworth is that player. If we don't make it it will all be on Zorn and he will be hung from the highest rafter of Fedex.;)

You didn't get the memo? We're always 1 player away from a Lombardi. This year Haynesworth is that player. If we don't make it it will all be on Zorn and he will be hung from the highest rafter of Fedex.;)

Hmm. O alright.

Super Bowl Bound baby!!!!

:silly:

I think the team has to make it into the playoffs. Period

Any team owned by Daniel Snyder (unless your Joe Gibbs) better make it into meaningful January games in order to keep their job.

I've always said that in any NFL job (or college job for that matter) the leeway IMO should allow the coaches 3 years to essentially build "there" team. Here in the nations capital expectations are a little different, and I believe that any coach who takes over the Redskins needs to prove they can make a "contender" of a team in 2 seasons at the helm.

Is this too much to ask for? I believe the debate is worthy to either side. Some may argue, that dramatic roster changes could ultimatley give the coach an unfair advantage. Or one could argue that essentially is it really the COACHES players being brought in or Dan Snyder's PLAYERS?

Both I'm sure can be argued to great lengths.

Archived