Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

dockery available?

Sellersallday

This is one I would be all over...as long as price was right.

And of course, we'll hear the requisite "I've always considered myself a Redskin" and "It's good to be back home" quotes on signing day...

Book it!

Do you think Smoot will contact Dock and offer him the script he used at his presser?

Do you think Smoot will contact Dock and offer him the script he used at his presser?

I like to think Dock is more well spoken than Smoot. Heck, I would like to think 99% of the team is more well spoken thant Smoot.

I'm tired of his "Point blank..." when it doesn't even make sense!

Reporter: "Fred, what did you do this offseason?"

Smoot: "For real, I just stayed home with the fam and ate some Southern home cooked food point blank.":doh:

Bringing back Dockery I would be a true value signing by the organization.

Remember, Dockery and his agent won't have the leverage in any contract negociations. 2 years ago this guy was the highest paid OG in the league, and now suddenly he is unemployed.

He's now going to have to re-earn the "big contract" again as he did when he bolted us for Buffalo.

A "chip on his shoulder" signing. I personally like that. I've said it all offseason and will continue to say that this organization needs to instill some compeition throughtout each position.

Thats because he was severly overrated to begin with if he was'nt falling down hitting nothing while pulling then he was jumping offsides. Kendall is a better player then Dockery in every facet even at his age.

I didn't see that the Bills had cut Dockery. He might be worth bringing in cheap, but he had trouble pulling when he was here and I'm not sure if he's suited for the WCO or not.

Yeah pulling was a problem for him. I remember Portis saying that Dockery would be bumbling and stumbling falling down when he pulled. He was more suited for going str8 ahead. Can't hurt to bring him in though.

Yeah pulling was a problem for him. I remember Portis saying that Dockery would be bumbling and stumbling falling down when he pulled. He was more suited for going str8 ahead. Can't hurt to bring him in though.

Portis should be the last one knocking someone for stumbling. He runs like he's on ice skates half the time.

Wow, I'm surprised at the consensus here. Bring Dockery back home!

I would try to retain Kendall if I could--then we'd have two really solid LGs that could compete. Of course, we still don't know what Rinehart can give us, but, we'll see . . .

I feel like Kendall is better than Dockery at this point but his age is the #1 factor that this point. I'm trying to see how many times I can say "at this point" at this point.

Seriously though, I'm sure both of them will want to start wherever they go, Kendall's already made that clear. I think Dockery may be the best bet at this point. He's a "Buges guy," he's had a couple of seasons to mature and he's at a peak age where he won't wear down a lot for the last few months of the season.

But I agree, both of them would be ideal.

Thats because he was severly overrated to begin with if he was'nt falling down hitting nothing while pulling then he was jumping offsides. Kendall is a better player then Dockery in every facet even at his age.

I would agree that the contract that Dockery got was "overated", but what I didn't mention in my first post was that I don't feel Dockery will be looking for this huge deal.

If he's smart him and his agent get together and sign a one year tender somewhere in order to prove himself, and then go back on the open market next year. I would think unless Dockery get's swept off his feet (but remember that are several Tackles avilable right now..) with an offer then he most likely will sign a one year deal somewhere.

Why not us? I think Dock is a solid LG. Again, wasn't worth the contract he signed with Buffalo, but I believe he will come cheaper then most expect.

cosign on keeping Kendall and getting them both. Lets not forget how nice that run to the left was those first 8 games of the year with a healthy samuels and kendall.

get Dock back in there, work him and Kendall at both guard spots and begin an OL rotation so the old guys can get a breather.

I feel like Kendall is better than Dockery at this point but his age is the #1 factor that this point. I'm trying to see how many times I can say "at this point" at this point.

Seriously though, I'm sure both of them will want to start wherever they go, Kendall's already made that clear. I think Dockery may be the best bet at this point. He's a "Buges guy," he's had a couple of seasons to mature and he's at a peak age where he won't wear down a lot for the last few months of the season.

Why not bring it both back? I realize the cap situation is tight, but I really don't see Kendal getting offered anything in the open market. I believe, we hold the leverage, and I also mentioned in another post that I believe Dock can be brought in for cheaper then some may think. I expect his agent to try to get a one year offer in order to re-prove himself for that contract on the open market next year.

Allow them to battle for the position in camp, which will also create depth in whomever doesn't win the battle position.

Rinehart can develop, and we can grab a Guard somewhere in the draft to also develop.

Hmmm I wonder why the Bills ate so much money to cut him. I'd love for him to come back to DC!

Small-market team + bad economy + overpaid OL...they probably decided to cut their losses at this point since (despite being solid and very serviceable) he's not a top guard in the game.

Hopefully their loss is our gain (being a big market team, etc.).

I agree too, at this point at least.

At this point, I should probably put in a ;) and ask if at this point the chick in your sig should be starting for us cause hot damn...

Man I would love Dock back. If we miraculously pull in Dock, Haynesworth, and Hall, we're a legitimate threat next year.

I'm on board with Dock -- think it would be a good move. As far as fat Albert, I have a funny (make that scary) feeling that he will be uber-unmotivated once he gets here. If you look at the times he is productive, it's always in a contract year. Scares the hel out of me that he will sign here for big $$ and then just relax.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/canadianpress/article/ALeqM5guuTDreUcPQWDakCickPuOkPQKmw

Agents: Buffalo Bills preparing to release Derrick Dockery, Robert Royal

BUFFALO, N.Y. — High-priced Buffalo offensive guard Derrick Dockery and veteran tight end Robert Royal have been informed by the Bills they will be released.

Dockery's agent, Todd France, told The Associated Press on Thursday that the Bills will cut his client because they want to go "in another direction."

Royal's agent, Rick Smith, said his client also will be released on Thursday.

The decisions come a day before the start of the NFL free-agency period and allow the Bills to free up about US$8 million under the salary cap.

Dockery completed his second season in Buffalo after signing a US$49-million, seven-year contract in 2007.

Royal had two years left on his contract.

Bills lop high-priced Dockery off roster

February 26, 2009 10:10 AM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Graham

Dockery

Here's a stunner: The Buffalo Bills have cut left guard Derrick Dockery.

The Bills made Dockery one of the NFL's highest-paid offensive linemen two years ago, when they signed him to a seven-year, $49 million contract, with $18.5 million in guarantees.

Dockery, who spent the first four years of his career with the Washington Redskins, has started 93 straight games. The Redskins selected him in the third round of the 2003 draft.

The left side of the Bills' line -- with Dockery and Pro Bowl left tackle Jason Peters -- was supposed to be a strength for their offense last year. But line play was disappointing overall.

The Bills ranked 25th in total offense, 14th in yards per carry despite blocking for one of the league's hardest runners in Marshawn Lynch and allowed the 10th-most sacks.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-5-120/Bills-lop-high-priced-Dockery-off-roster.html

Archived