Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

dockery available?

Sellersallday

I'd be ok with Dockery coming back. He's familiar with Bugel, knows the area/team....I dont know if he'd come "Cheap" but we do need a guard...he could replace Kendall and boom we have that issue solved for a couple years atleast. Dockery is only like 27 or so.

Then we draft an OT to replace Jansen....snag Haynesworth I suppose. I wouldnt be upset if those 3 things were to transpire - then we go from there.

OK, 2 things I take from this...

1) Good call by the front office not to pay him the crazy money. Many people here had a fit that we let him go but it looks like the FO knew more than the fans.

2) If he wants to come back at a reasonable price, I'm all for it. In fact I pray that someone is on the phone right now to try to make it happen.

:2cents:

Bringing back Dockery I would be a true value signing by the organization.

Remember, Dockery and his agent won't have the leverage in any contract negociations. 2 years ago this guy was the highest paid OG in the league, and now suddenly he is unemployed.

He's now going to have to re-earn the "big contract" again as he did when he bolted us for Buffalo.

A "chip on his shoulder" signing. I personally like that. I've said it all offseason and will continue to say that this organization needs to instill some compeition throughtout each position.

I'd love to get him back at a reasonable price, Buges was always really high on him, saying he had the potential to be the best lineman on the team if memory serves me. At least get him on the phone and see how he feels. There's no way he could be bitter against the team that drafted him because we couldn't afford to match the Bill's offer.

If we can get him back, we don't need Kendall and we recover the one good OL draft pick of the last five years. The situation would suddenly become not quite so desperate and Rinehart might get more time to ease into the NFL so long as Thomas can hold up the other side.

I remember that Dock didn't want to leave, it was just that the Bills offered him such a ridiculous deal. Hopefully he is happy with that payday he got and is now ready to come home on the cheap.

Archived