Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

dockery available?

Sellersallday

Did he play bad last year? I thought he was doing well in Buffalo.

The vibe I get from the Bills' message boards was that he played decently but not worth All Pro type money.

http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?t=120295&page=3

Buffalo News has a similar tone... "subpar year in 2008" and "not dominant enough."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/590928.html

The article also mentions ex-Redskins TE Robert Royal as another possible Bills' cap cut.

Heck Yeah Bring Him Back!

Hopefully he learned his "the grass is not always greener..." lesson like Smoot and will come back for a reasonable deal.

1) Sign Dockery

2) Draft OT in the 1st

3) Draft OC in the 3rd

4) Sign Haynesworth (I'm just assuming this is happening because of the news, and putting aside the "grossly overpaid" portion, he will help the line alot)

This would give us Younger Players at both Guards (assuming Rinehart pans out), Center and Tackle....

Our DLine would be noticeably better with Haynesworth, although I'm not going to start claiming that we would have the best DLine out there, I would settle for middle of the road in terms of pressure on the QB, rather than pathetic and bottom of the NFL.

These moves together would noticeably improve our prospects for next year....

I didn't know he'd been cut. How did he play last year?

I read a stat that said he let up more sacks than any other LG in the league. I didnt watch the Bills so who knows if thats cause the line sucked as a unit or he was exploited for his particular suckitude.

That being said, I think his best year was his last one here. I think Buges could bring him back up to speed. For the right price, Id love to say welcome home Dock.

I think Redskins One is probably headed to Buffalo as we speak. Buges is probably smiling ear-to-ear! I would love the Skins to make this happen. I wonder if it's a too good to be true type of deal though. it makes too much sense. Since our FO seldom does what makes good sense, let's see if this happens.

He left on good terms. I recall an interview on sirius after he signed his new deal where Dock said Snyder and Joe Gibbs both called him to congratulate him on what he was able to accomplish for his family. He said Snyder thanked him for his service to the Skins and wished him the best.

I think Redskins One is probably headed to Buffalo as we speak. Buges is probably smiling ear-to-ear! I would love the Skins to make this happen. I wonder if it's a too good to be true type of deal though. it makes too much sense. Since our FO seldom does what makes good sense, let's see if this happens.

He left on good terms. I recall an interview on sirius after he signed his new deal where Dock said Snyder and Joe Gibbs both called him to congratulate him on what he was able to accomplish for his family. He said Snyder thanked him for his service to the Skins and wished him the best.

LOL, I'd have told him the same thing. He was a good young player when he left, but no WAY he was worth the money he got from Buffalo.

This is awesome on two fronts, we finally didn't get raped by signing somebody for a big contract, and we might can get that person back cheap. He will be the new Smoot, minus the boating incident.

Lol, Smoot was the first one I thought of when I opened this thread.

I'd take Dock back in a hearbeat. He was a false start machine but he was a solid LG when he was here.

Familiar team, familiar OL coach...come on back Dock!

Going to be an interesting FA. Reading some articles it appears that the top guys will get big money, but the next round of guys will get less than they have in previous years.

So, unless another team pays Dock big money he might be available for a reasonable price. One article said that instead of 2 or 3 weeks of big money spending that teams would stop after only one week and look for to pay only reasonable deals. Just have to wait and see.

I think for a player like Dock that is good news as far as getting him for a reasonable price.

Vinny is on the clock. I hope he makes the smart decision and signs Hall and brings in players like Dock and Canty for reasonable money instead of splurging on only one player like Haynesworth.

Archived