Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UEFA Champions League: Today's FINAL: Barcelona vs. Manchester United

JimmyConway

Barca dominated (after the first 8 minutes) and deserved the win. I am always amazed that they can control the midfield like they do with only three true midfielders in the game (Iniesta, Xavi and Busquets). IMO Iniesta was the man of the match he completely fueled that midfield domination.

hahaha all you man u dick riders!

fail!

please, you have probably only liked Barca for the past two years or when they started to become good. Go latch on to another hot team, I hear the Magic are recruiting. :silly:

Gutted. Absolutely outclassed it was like teams from two different tiers. Well played Barca you are by far the best team in the world, and Xavi is the best player in the world.

Yep. Barcelona made Man U look like the frickin Galaxy.

other than the opening 9 minutes of the game it went exactly as I thought. Barca played keep-ball and showed what football is really about in terms of ability, skill and intelligence. A lot was said before the game that Barca had a weak defence but its difficult to score against a weak defence when you dont have the ball!

Excellent game by Barca and kudos to Man U, they are still a top team, just beaten by the better team, thats how it goes.

please, you have probably only liked Barca for the past two years or when they started to become good. Go latch on to another hot team, I hear the Magic are recruiting. :silly:

Im sure he knows absolutely nothing about football. Let him be

I went to get my car inspected an hour before the start of the game, but it took so long to get through the long line that I was only able to catch the last half.

I'm dissappointed Manchester did so poorly. I didn't care for european soccer until I spent a month in England. I helped out at a special education school while I was there and one of the students was crazy for Man U. He would spend all day telling me about the team and their history. The town I was in was near Birmingham, so there were quite a few Man U fans in the area. The team grew on me.

The defense seemed so lax, and the opportunities to score were not handled properly. They looked drained, especially after the second goal. Hats off to Barcelona.

Barca's midfield is just on a different level. The combo of Iniesta and Xavi is bad enough but then you have messi running across your back line. I think we really missed the bite of Hargreaves or even Fletcher but still dont think that was the only difference. We knew that they would have most of the possession but it was still 53-47 to barca which isnt that big of a gap. Our players just didnt look up to it and were helpless getting stuck in all of Barca's little triangles. The positioning of Giggs also killed us as he was spearheading the diamond formation while Anderson was absolutely woeful. We need Hargreaves back and Rooney to play in the hole behind a lead the line striker and a winger who can take advantage of that right side. We will be fine

eh no i just know too many random americans who have no other allegiance to manchester united other than them being perenially good

and to whoever said i dont know anything about soccer..

meh im not going to argue with you over the internet about how much i know about the sport because it would make both of us look like idiots

i just dont understand all the oh im so angry right now talk about a random european team

i mean if the US lost a huge game then yes but its manchester united.

i wonder why you huge soccer fans arent fulham fans or cheer for tottenham

i'm not a barca fan either for the record (i cheer for roma because its the one european city ive been to and i like the history they have with lazio) but seriously the love for man u the last 2 years has been ridiculous

if you paid any attention to my posts you'd know that i am constantly a part of the soccer discussions on here

I suppose it comes with the territory of who you support that people believe you support a team only for their recent performance. I think its unfortunate and dont really like to criticize people for who they support, unless they are complete fools and spout garbage all the time about their "team." In the end, you like who you like and some fans are more knowledgeable than others. I see myself as a diehard fan who follows everything about Utd from forums to british/european news sources and I watch every single home and away match in at the pub or online. Others simply enjoy the football that a certain team plays and thats usually a team who are perennially good. At the end of the day, a football club is nothing without fans and to me the more supporters the better, its just something that us fans do and look for anyway to put down another team and their fans. But hey, thats what sport is all about :D

I suppose it comes with the territory of who you support that people believe you support a team only for their recent performance. I think its unfortunate and dont really like to criticize people for who they support, unless they are complete fools and spout garbage all the time about their "team." In the end, you like who you like and some fans are more knowledgeable than others. I see myself as a diehard fan who follows everything about Utd from forums to british/european news sources and I watch every single home and away match in at the pub or online. Others simply enjoy the football that a certain team plays and thats usually a team who are perennially good. At the end of the day, a football club is nothing without fans and to me the more supporters the better, its just something that us fans do and look for anyway to put down another team and their fans. But hey, thats what sport is all about :D

and my tirade wasnt a personal attack on you or anybody else here

but the random people i see talking man u this man u that lately was ridiculous...

whether a player is a casual fan or die hard whatever i dont care

but all this if they win all of a sudden EVERYONE is a fan is nonsense lol

but whatever man U when my boy ryan babel transfers to arsenal (wishful thinking) its over for you guys

HAHHAHAHA!!! **** OFF YOU MANC ****S!!!!

Barca absolutely schooled Man U. However 7/10 times Man United wins this game. Today Barca got the early goal which changed the whole dynamic of the game. For all those who watched teh barca-chelski cl semis, this is where barca's style is most effective. Once they had a goal, their passing game came into full effect since they knew that they didn't need to go forward. They taught the manc scum a footballing lesson.

WE WON IT 5 TIMES!!!!!!! Next season, LFC will win.

YNWA.

Of course you'd expect a bin dippin scouse **** to come into a thread and brag even though theyve won **** all.....

Oh, our time is coming. Cannot wait for next year. We were close. Imagine what a healthy torres all year will do for us. Even you can't deny he is top class.

Also, are you from america originally. I ask because you called me a scouse ****, and I don't think americans know much about scousers.

and my tirade wasnt a personal attack on you or anybody else here

but the random people i see talking man u this man u that lately was ridiculous...

whether a player is a casual fan or die hard whatever i dont care

but all this if they win all of a sudden EVERYONE is a fan is nonsense lol

but whatever man U when my boy ryan babel transfers to arsenal (wishful thinking) its over for you guys

I didnt mean to go overboard either man, my bad. Being called a dick rider pissed me off. Ive liked Man U since I was an Army Brat and my Dad watched Manchester. I know that doesnt matter to you, but fans like metake offense to the dickrider comment because this has been the only team I really root for in the Champions League. I liked Sunderland when they had Kevin Phillips, and I have liked the Hammers since Tevez was there and they made that movie about thier firm (Green Street Hooligans), but Ive always been a Man U fan.

Oh, our time is coming. Cannot wait for next year. We were close. Imagine what a healthy torres all year will do for us. Even you can't deny he is top class.

Also, are you from america originally. I ask because you called me a scouse ****, and I don't think americans know much about scousers.

But we have to stop being a team with two of the best players in the world, surrounded by a few quality players. Without Gerrard and Torres, we're not much.

I know Valencia is cleaning house, and we're one of the possible locations for David Silva, but I'd really much rather have David Villa. Him and Torres worked very well together in Euro 2008.

eh no i just know too many random americans who have no other allegiance to manchester united other than them being perenially good

and to whoever said i dont know anything about soccer..

meh im not going to argue with you over the internet about how much i know about the sport because it would make both of us look like idiots

i just dont understand all the oh im so angry right now talk about a random european team

i mean if the US lost a huge game then yes but its manchester united.

i wonder why you huge soccer fans arent fulham fans or cheer for tottenham

i'm not a barca fan either for the record (i cheer for roma because its the one european city ive been to and i like the history they have with lazio) but seriously the love for man u the last 2 years has been ridiculous

if you paid any attention to my posts you'd know that i am constantly a part of the soccer discussions on here

I'm a barca fan but actually root for tottenham first.

Well, I root for Arsenal.

Is that an awesome name, or what? Arsenal. Arsenal.

arsenalr.jpg

I mean, the only possibly cooler name for a team would be "Beer." Or maybe "Boobies."

Yeah, I don't know a damn thing about European football, but cmon - Arsenal. so awesome.

Ill admit you all gave us a scare but I think its too early. I cant deny torres' class because I think hes the best striker in the world and wish everyday that he signed for us. I think if you keep the core of your team you will do well. Rafa shouldnt sell Xabi Alonso because Gareth Barry is nothing on him. A midfield trio of Gerrard-Alonso-Mascherano has alot of bite and finesse and is probably one of the best in the world. To add to that, I think you guys need a left wing (silva/ribery/etc) and probably a better wingback. Play Agger and Skrtel in the center and Torres up top while buying a cheaper striker to come off the bench and you have a very solid team. Dont forget though, we will also probably buy in the summer and we have Hargreaves coming back from injury. Cant wait for the new season to start all over:(

P.s. Yes I was born in America

Ill admit you all gave us a scare but I think its too early. I cant deny torres' class because I think hes the best striker in the world and wish everyday that he signed for us. I think if you keep the core of your team you will do well. Rafa shouldnt sell Xabi Alonso because Gareth Barry is nothing on him. A midfield trio of Gerrard-Alonso-Mascherano has alot of bite and finesse and is probably one of the best in the world. To add to that, I think you guys need a left wing (silva/ribery/etc) and probably a better wingback. Play Agger and Skrtel in the center and Torres up top while buying a cheaper striker to come off the bench and you have a very solid team. Dont forget though, we will also probably buy in the summer and we have Hargreaves coming back from injury. Cant wait for the new season to start all over:(

P.s. Yes I was born in America

Yea we need a lot of help on the wings. we need a new right back, left wing, right wing, and backup striker. I think we will most likely buy lavezzi from napoli. That would be a fantastic signing and could be the missing piece to our team.

Who are you gonna buy in the summer? If ronaldo stays, who will you buy?

Im not angry like i was yesterday... that was a furnace fire of anger for me.

Today, its just a smoldering pile of smoke and angersentment, yeah i said it.

I wanted to see another treble. I think i spelled that wrong.

Im pissed because how how poorly Man U played in th emidfield, and even in attacking situations. During corner kicks, no one closed the door, there was no midfield transition... i could go on, but i wont. At least they are already advertising for World Cup 2010. :)

Archived