Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UEFA Champions League: Today's FINAL: Barcelona vs. Manchester United

JimmyConway

Only 8 clubs remain to find out who the best is in Europe as the UEFA Champions League Quarterfinals begin tomorrow:

Tuesday April 7th, 2009 (Second leg: April 15th)

2:45 PM Eastern Time

(home) vs (away)

Villareal vs. Arsenal

Result: 1 -1

Manchester United vs. FC Porto

Result: 2 - 2

Preview of the matches: http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9421000/A-look-ahead-to-Tuesday's-Champions-League-action

Prediction: My predictions were way off. Porto in dramatic fashion scored in the 89th minute to pull out a 2 -2 draw. With the second leg taking place in Portugal Man U. could be in trouble of falling to a big underdog.

Wednesday April 8th, 2009 (Second leg: April 14th)

2:45 PM Eastern Time

Liverpool vs. Chelsea

Result: 1 - 3

Barcelona vs. Bayern Munich

Result: 4 -0

Preview: http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/9420872/Liverpool,-Chelsea-renew-Champions-League-duel

Wednesdays match-ups are more difficult to predict. No matter who ends up advancing between Liverpool and Chelsea, it's sure to be close. Barcelona and Bayern should prove to be a very entertaing and a high-scoring match-up. Both match-ups are excellent and are worthy of being the final rather than the quarterfinals.

Prediction: Wow was I off. Barca cruisied to an easy victory and Chelsea opened Liverpool up in the second half.

For complete coverage and more info go to:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/index.html

Super pumped for this today and tomorrow. Mostly today.

Inter-Man U should be great.

Arsenal-Roma should be really good too. Arsenal really needs the CL to save the year for them as they are tanking in the Premiership right now.

Barca should roll Lyon.

I've got my Barca team winning the title if we are picking.

I am also an Arsenal fan, but I don;t see them making it too far. I think they can make it another couple rounds if the draw goes right.

Based on yesterday's action, I see the following four advancing:

Inter, Barca, Arsenal, Porto.

The games today will be great to watch (wish I could ditch work). I think the Chelsea - Juve match will be great with the Liverpool - RM the match of the day. My 'team', Bayern, return to the final 16 and have a great chance to advance past Sporting, even though recent form has been down.

All in all, great soccer and this is why I love Champion's League!!!

Based on yesterday's action, I see the following four advancing:

Inter, Barca, Arsenal, Porto.

The games today will be great to watch (wish I could ditch work). I think the Chelsea - Juve match will be great with the Liverpool - RM the match of the day. My 'team', Bayern, return to the final 16 and have a great chance to advance past Sporting, even though recent form has been down.

All in all, great soccer and this is why I love Champion's League!!!

Bayern looked amazing today, even though it was against Sporting. Once again Liverpool (without Gerrard starting) squeaked out a win against a tough Real Madrid squad in Spain. I think all four English clubs will advance, again.

• 1 month later...
game became a joke after a while - like those Marino/phins games against the Jets where there would be 70+ points on the board.

If Chelsea defend like that against Barcelona, Barca will tear them apart.

I ****ing hope so. Cant stand those chelsea ****s. There is not a more disgraceful team in England or maybe in the world even than those ****ers. Spend most of the ****ing game on the floor. Drogba is a dirty little ****.

If you can't already tell, im a die hard LFC fan and Im ****ing depressed atm.

Sadly LFC's defense was not existent as well, if only reina hadn't let in that incredibly soft goal, we could be talking about a Liverpool-Barca semifinal.

Chelsea-Barca should at least be entertaining but I can really see Chelsea going through. Barca's defense is shocking and Chelsea have a big advantage in size and power but no one is better technically than barcelona.

Archived