Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No more XBOX 360, I broke up with my XBOX 360 today (XBOX 360 can go to hell)

heyholetsgogrant

I have tons of friends who have both the PS3 and the 360. Almost all of them

use the 360 as their main gamming platform. I ask them why they have a

PS3 and they all say "Blue-Ray" player and a game or two. Honestly, what does

it say about a gamming console when the main selling point is not even

related to games?

That's exactly my point. The 360 is a much better "gaming" console, whereas the PS3 is an "entertainment" console. Yeah the PS3 can play blu-rays and you can surf the internet, but 360 has much better online play and I would say outside of PS3 having MGS4 and Resistance, that 360 even has better games.

I know 4 people who had ps3s died and Sony refuses to admit there is a problem. Have you ever wondered why the 40gig model dissappeared so fast.
I have the 40GB model that I bought from Best Buy almost a year ago. I haven't had a problem with it *knock on wood*. Again every console has problems its just not at the same rate as the 360.

I own all three system and here is what I think.

360 Best hardcore gaming system. Xbox live kicks ass and there are always tons of people online. All of my friends own 360s

PS3, Great Blu-Ray player but inferior online play. Multi platform games seem better on 360. My friends who own ps3s watch movies and game on xbox

Wii, Great Gimmick. Great for get togethers. Its not a serious gaming platform and has no HD. Mine hasnt been used in 6 months.

I have a love/hate relationship with my xbox 360. I am soooo ready to switch sides and buy a PS3, but i have this thing for xbox live. It really is great, and I am aware of its faults. When PS3 refines their free intenet service, I will jump ship. Anyone with experience with both interactive internet platforms... does PS3 compare to xbox live? Can anyone elaborate?

As someone said, the big problem I have with Xbox is their customer service. I was put in touch with a Hispanic gentleman that refused to give his name and told me there was nothing he could do to refund my credit card when I attempted to purchase microsoft points online and they didnt show up on my consol. Another CSR at microsoft told me I could not change the email address associated with my xboxlive gamer tag. So I had to subscribe all over again just to change my email address. When I call Xbox support, I picture a nursury where the kids are allowed to answer the phones. Its rare that I speak to a competent adult.

i've never had any problems with customer service @ microsoft. i just went thru the RROD, i was actually out of warranty.

i called, got thru to a live person, ranted and raved for 5 minutes about how i wasn't paying to fix it, etc.

he waited patiently for me to take a breath, then told me to print the shipping label off of my online account, send it in and it'd be a free fix.

it's my 2nd time dealing w/ them w/ the rrod, and both times i had no problems with their customer service, other than having a bit of trouble understanding what they're saying at times.

I have a love/hate relationship with my xbox 360. I am soooo ready to switch sides and buy a PS3, but i have this thing for xbox live. It really is great, and I am aware of its faults. When PS3 refines their free intenet service, I will jump ship. Anyone with experience with both interactive internet platforms... does PS3 compare to xbox live? Can anyone elaborate?

No. Very different experiences online between the consoles. I still say the PS3 is the overall better built console but for online gaming and roughly the same third party support the 360 is the overall better gaming experience........unfortunately Microsoft makes you pay for that experience.:(

Wish I could have the LIVE experience with PSN on a PS3 console at the 360 price and it would be my perfect console this gen.:D

LOL I'm a bot.

I read this earlier today. Thoughts? Comments?

February 6, 2009

Sony: PlayStation 3 Beats Xbox 360 On Video Delivery

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=22204

Pretty much BS claims by Sony or whoever wrote the article.

As I have stated I have both systems and love them both for what they deliver . . . the fact remains that as far as the Netflix and the online experience XBOX Live pretty much kills PSN at this current time.

I also love how many people act like the XBOX 360 subscription kills them . . . finding a card on sale for 30 bucks for 13 months is pocket change for what Live delivers.

Pretty much BS claims by Sony or whoever wrote the article.

As I have stated I have both systems and love them both for what they deliver . . . the fact remains that as far as the Netflix and the online experience XBOX Live pretty much kills PSN at this current time.

I also love how many people act like the XBOX 360 subscription kills them . . . finding a card on sale for 30 bucks for 13 months is pocket change for what Live delivers.

Well booyah. I bought 3 cards for 29.99 each but that's still $30 bucks a piece we really shouldn't have to spend when the competitors are letting you playfor free. At the very least the free Silver should let you play online with other people on LIVE and the Gold should let you do everything else.:2cents:

Well booyah. I bought 3 cards for 29.99 each but that's still $30 bucks a piece we really shouldn't have to spend when the competitors are letting you playfor free. At the very least the free Silver should let you play online with other people on LIVE and the Gold should let you do everything else.:2cents:

Try playing games on the PSN then go game on XBOX Live.

The small amount of money is well worth the much better experience.

I don't really care to argue with fanboys on either side but I'm just trying to say from an unbiased perspective - Live is an experience that is the backbone of the 360 while the PSN is very much a work in progress and you might even say an afterthought when it comes to PS3.

I got rid of my XBOX 360 today, I'm tired of the RROD and the *&^%$# customer service. Within the next few weeks, I will be in the PS3 community. Anyone here switch to PS3 from XBOX 360 or have a PS3?

-Grant

At first I was surprised by your poor decision-making. Then I saw your sig and it all made sense...

Try playing games on the PSN then go game on XBOX Live.

The small amount of money is well worth the much better experience.

Main reason I got a 360 late last year was because of that better online experience. Just had to wait a bit for Microsoft to release the NXE patch so I could download my games to the Hard Drive which should help me in the long run in preventing the RROD. Made the mistake once of running COD4 off the disc before installing and it sounded like a Jet engine was taking off. I don't know how you early adopters put up with it for so long.

I will admit that when it comes to PSN vs X-Box Live, Live kills PSN. But when it comes to everything else PS3 just annihilates the 360. From the Media Crossbar, to the new photo gallery. And of course the blue ray player.

But when it comes down to it both are good systems.

The 360 is a gaming system

The PS3 is a Media system.

I will admit that when it comes to PSN vs X-Box Live, Live kills PSN. But when it comes to everything else PS3 just annihilates the 360. From the Media Crossbar, to the new photo gallery. And of course the blue ray player.

But when it comes down to it both are good systems.

The 360 is a gaming system

The PS3 is a Media system.

Disagree there.

I get more "media" use out of my Netflix on XBOX than I do on my PS3.

I also don't get what is so great about the Media Crossbar.

I'd say the use of the word "annihilates" is a bit of an exaggeration except in terms of quality control checks.

They are both media machines, are you serious? Microsoft has made it completely compatible with everything Windows Media (and I don't just mean the player).

By the way the PlayStation controller has and always will SUCK. What an awful controller. The 360 controller is a thing of beauty, it's so good it rivals the SNES.

I got rid of my XBOX 360 today, I'm tired of the RROD and the *&^%$# customer service. Within the next few weeks, I will be in the PS3 community. Anyone here switch to PS3 from XBOX 360 or have a PS3?

-Grant

Have a 360 and went out and got the anny edition Madden '09. Took it over to my friend's to play on Super Bowl Sunday. When the eye went to read the disc, it popped it out of the tray while it was spinning -- now my Madden is ruined and 360 will do nothing. Ironic thing is that I am so anal about the handling of my discs -- never had a scratch until the 360 DESTROYED my game.

They are both media machines, are you serious? Microsoft has made it completely compatible with everything Windows Media (and I don't just mean the player).

By the way the PlayStation controller has and always will SUCK. What an awful controller. The 360 controller is a thing of beauty, it's so good it rivals the SNES.

Yeah but the PS3 is just as compatible with Windows plus Microsoft doesn't even have a web browser hence why I gave the PS3 the Media crown. Oh yeah, if you don't have a PSP you will never realize just how powerful the PS3. Then when you add the Sixaxis capabilities and the PS3 Eye it starts to turn into a rout in favor of the PS3.

As far as the controllers it is obvious that the 360 is better. But not that much better. And it took Microsoft like 3 tries to get that right. Remember that big ass mammoth controller they first came out with. Then they had to copy the PS controller and add shoulder butts with the triggers.

Archived